2013 RMT Supercoach

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FlyBoy15, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Just on Franklin, I think that every time he came up against a club placed low on the ladder last year and I was tempted to put the C on him, he underdelivered. His best scores were usually against the stronger clubs. So I am paying little attention to Hawks early draw when it comes to Buddy.

2. Jason

Eagle_Eyed wrote:
    ContestedPosession Def: Goddard, Waters, Gibbs, Goodes, Stevenson, Terlich (Pittard & Docherty) Mid: Ablett, Swan, Watson, JP Kennedy, Fyfe, Stevens K, Wines, OMeara (Crouch & Viney) Ruck: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Rowe & Currie) For: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, JJ Kennedy, Karnezis, Macaffer (Kerridge & Neade) $188k in the bank So the reason behind the cash left over is so I can upgrade Leuenberger for Mummy, as I said above I'd prefer to spend the money on a good ruck than on Dusty up forward or a mid-pricer in defence. Still tossing up between Swan v Pendlebury, Watson v Danger, Waters v ??? and Macaffer v anyone else. Go to town guys, rip it apart, this is my third year with TS, finished 204 LY and would like to go better this year. I would really appreciate some feedback from some of the communities long term members. Reckon you will need to enact the ruck upgrade option, L-Burger doubtful of R1 start. Koby Stevens also in doubt with a potentially proken rib from the weekend. Team is well-balanced. I think we will all struggle with filling F7-8 this year. I have Macaffer at F7 and you are a little bit exposed by having him at F6 with cheaper players on the bench.

3. Jason

Iceman wrote:

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Armstrong, Goodes, Pittard (Colquhoun, Terlich) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]MID: GAJ, Pendlebury, JPK, K.Jack, Sloane, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Blicavs) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]RUCK: Cox, Longer (Currie, WItts) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]FWD: Franklin, Rockliff, Bartel, Wright, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]$28,000 left. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Not confident with rucks, may need a reshuffle of squad to upgrade Longer. Criticism much appreciated. Ruck is clearly a problem. You may need to run with less $$ on your MID line and spread the money across some of your other lines. Witts is not up to AFL standard of fitness currently, he won't play for Pies unless there is a major injury - that's why they got Hudson. There are so many promising MID rookie options compared to FWD, why not use them? I reckon you are asking for trouble by starting 2x sub-premium MIDs in Sloane and Fyfe. If both of these guys break out in 2013 you will by awesome and well done if so. But the chances of that happening are low, maybe 1 in 40 sub-premium players each year actually make the step up to premium - more often than not, the same premiums as last year go around again.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Jason's right about the rucks, although Longer has potential.My ruck is a 3-F/R combo. Nic-Nat (Cox if he doesn't play), Ryder and Hale. Ryder is currently up forward and my ruck strategy is immune to the bye rounds. I've also got Hanley, he is a popular POD.Longer could end up as Brisbane's R1 but if he doesn't, your ruck is stuck.

5. Tommy18

Tommy18 Guest

Holky, popular POD? That would mean they are no longer a POD... As for Buddy, he had a similar fixture at the start of last year and started like a house on fire. He scores well against the good teams so don't let that turn you off. I initially didn't have in my team but after setting it up I could afford him so it was a mo brainer. He's going to be in my team by the end of the season (unless he suffers a LTI) so why not just get him now. I don't have Ablett though as feel he is very expensive. Could bite me on the arse trying to trade him in but willing to take the risk.

6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Ablett is a popular player and he can be considered a POD... but I think he's just the exception to the rule.

7. bama

bama Active Member

Here's my team I've been chopping and changing the last few weeks and probably stuffed up!
    Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Watts, Vlastuin, Goodes (Pittard, Terlich)
    Mids: Ablett, Kennedy, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, Crouch, O'Meara, Viney (Colquhoun, Dwyer)
    Rucks: Cox, Leuenberger (Rowe, Blicavs)
    Fwds: Franklin, Roughead, Martin, Zorko, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Lee)
    $19,600 left

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Jason wrote:
    Iceman wrote:

<p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Hanley, Armstrong, Goodes, Pittard (Colquhoun, Terlich) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]MID: GAJ, Pendlebury, JPK, K.Jack, Sloane, Wines, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Blicavs) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]RUCK: Cox, Longer (Currie, WItts) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;][span style='font-size: 14px; color: #434343;]FWD: Franklin, Rockliff, Bartel, Wright, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Rowe) <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]$28,000 left. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,San-Serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #fcfcfc;]Not confident with rucks, may need a reshuffle of squad to upgrade Longer. Criticism much appreciated. Ruck is clearly a problem. You may need to run with less $$ on your MID line and spread the money across some of your other lines. Witts is not up to AFL standard of fitness currently, he won't play for Pies unless there is a major injury - that's why they got Hudson. There are so many promising MID rookie options compared to FWD, why not use them? I reckon you are asking for trouble by starting 2x sub-premium MIDs in Sloane and Fyfe. If both of these guys break out in 2013 you will by awesome and well done if so. But the chances of that happening are low, maybe 1 in 40 sub-premium players each year actually make the step up to premium - more often than not, the same premiums as last year go around again. I know I'm going blind. And I know what's causing it. But Jason, damned if I can find Fyfe in there.

9. TerryinBangkok

bama wrote:
    Here's my team I've been chopping and changing the last few weeks and probably stuffed up! Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Watts, Vlastuin, Goodes (Pittard, Terlich) Mids: Ablett, Kennedy, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, Crouch, O'Meara, Viney (Colquhoun, Dwyer) Rucks: Cox, Leuenberger (Rowe, Blicavs) Fwds: Franklin, Roughead, Martin, Zorko, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Lee) $19,600 left Risks: Colquhoun, Dwyer, Lee. But we are all pretty much in the same boat until Teams. Big Risk: Lewey. Please consider. Slight Risk: Martin is a personal choice, but comes with too much baggage for mine, especially when there are options (Bartel, SJ, Lewis, etc.). Early days, but Smurf doesn't seem to be leading by doing. Ample other options (like Danger or, heaven forbid, Bennell). Foundation of a good side there bama.

10. bama

bama Active Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    bama wrote:
    Here's my team I've been chopping and changing the last few weeks and probably stuffed up! Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Watts, Vlastuin, Goodes (Pittard, Terlich) Mids: Ablett, Kennedy, Cotchin, Murphy, Moloney, Crouch, O'Meara, Viney (Colquhoun, Dwyer) Rucks: Cox, Leuenberger (Rowe, Blicavs) Fwds: Franklin, Roughead, Martin, Zorko, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Lee) $19,600 left Risks: Colquhoun, Dwyer, Lee. But we are all pretty much in the same boat until Teams. Big Risk: Lewey. Please consider. Slight Risk: Martin is a personal choice, but comes with too much baggage for mine, especially when there are options (Bartel, SJ, Lewis, etc.). Early days, but Smurf doesn't seem to be leading by doing. Ample other options (like Danger or, heaven forbid, Bennell). Foundation of a good side there bama. Thanks TiB, Dwyer is gone for Horvat and Leuenberger I will sit on for a couple of weeks could be high risk high reward. Martin will be okay and with not such a high starting price as last year wont drop much if things do go pear shaped. I agree with Murphy I'm not sold on him yet, was very ordinary in the NAB GF the other night. Bennell could be an option or maybe JUDD!!!

11. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Have done more supercoach study than work today. Newest addition to the side is Watts. Has the talent, if he stays along half-back for the whole year he will see PLENTY of ball and therefore should average 90-100.There's a ton of similar options around his price, so I'll probably still change it up. 48.9k in the bank. DEF - Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Hibberd, Goodes, Pittard (Stevenson, Terlich) MID - GAJ, Selwood, A.Swallow, Fyfe, Stevens(aware he has to be replaced, thinking Vlastuin to create DPP link), Wines, K.Mitchell, Jager bomb, (Crouch, Viney) RUC - Jacobs, Leuenberger (Currie, Rowe) FWD - Franklin, Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Watts, Karnezis (Macaffer, Neade) Leuenberger got through a full game in the magoos on the weekend, so I tentatively have him in my side. Hoping that Blicavs gets elevated so I can put him in. Tear it apart!

12. TerryinBangkok

bama wrote: Thanks TiB, Dwyer is gone for Horvat and Leuenberger I will sit on for a couple of weeks could be high risk high reward. Martin will be okay and with not such a high starting price as last year wont drop much if things do go pear shaped. I agree with Murphy I'm not sold on him yet, was very ordinary in the NAB GF the other night. Bennell could be an option or maybe JUDD!!! /Portals/0/User%20Images/oh%20no.gif

13. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I think I'm getting pretty close to my team finally. Although still a few doubts concerning rookies being upgraded. Please feel free to offer any advice. B: Goddard Gibbs Hanley Vlastuin Goodes Pittard (Stevenson Terlich) C: GAJ Swan Pendles JPK Moloney Wines Crouch O'meara (Viney Colquhoun) R: Jacobs Martin (Currie Blicavs) F: Cox Zorko Bartel Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis (Macaffer Murdoch) $12000 left. Need Blicavs to be upgraded and I'd probably bring Mitchell in for Wines if he gets upgraded, giving me a bit more cash in the bank. And Murdoch at F8 can be changed if anyone has a better alternative, and I've been able to get Macaffer at F7, where I've always wanted him.

14. choppers

I like it, HD. My only concern is that you have a very strong FWD line but the MIDS maybe a bit light on IMO. Chips and straws I suppose.Good luck for the season.
    This post was in response to H-Dons post. Obviously I forgot to hit 'Quote'

15. TerryinBangkok

choppers wrote:
    I think I'm getting pretty close to my team finally. Although still a few doubts concerning rookies being upgraded. Please feel free to offer any advice. B: Goddard Gibbs Hanley Vlastuin Goodes Pittard (Stevenson Terlich) C: GAJ Swan Pendles JPK Moloney Wines Crouch O'meara (Viney Colquhoun) R: Jacobs Martin (Currie Blicavs) F: Cox Zorko Bartel Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis (Macaffer Murdoch) $12000 left. Need Blicavs to be upgraded and I'd probably bring Mitchell in for Wines if he gets upgraded, giving me a bit more cash in the bank. And Murdoch at F8 can be changed if anyone has a better alternative, and I've been able to get Macaffer at F7, where I've always wanted him. Just hitting the old quote here......... Getting v. close to perfection I reckon. Be prepared for some fast footwork on Currie and Murdoch when teams are announced. You've been at the Port again! Snowflake's chance in hell they can fit all of Pittard, Stevenson, Wines and Colquhoun into the one team. Colquhoun probably the most doubtful, so you need to swing either Vlastuin or Goodes into there and think up another rookie DEF. I am hoping Wines will be a permanent fixture in my side. He has the potential. Suspect Mitchell will be in and out a bit. We have a tradition that long hair belongs in the SANFL.

16. choppers

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    choppers wrote:
    I think I'm getting pretty close to my team finally. Although still a few doubts concerning rookies being upgraded. Please feel free to offer any advice. B: Goddard Gibbs Hanley Vlastuin Goodes Pittard (Stevenson Terlich) C: GAJ Swan Pendles JPK Moloney Wines Crouch O'meara (Viney Colquhoun) R: Jacobs Martin (Currie Blicavs) F: Cox Zorko Bartel Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis (Macaffer Murdoch) $12000 left. Need Blicavs to be upgraded and I'd probably bring Mitchell in for Wines if he gets upgraded, giving me a bit more cash in the bank. And Murdoch at F8 can be changed if anyone has a better alternative, and I've been able to get Macaffer at F7, where I've always wanted him. Just hitting the old quote here......... Getting v. close to perfection I reckon. Be prepared for some fast footwork on Currie and Murdoch when teams are announced. You've been at the Port again! Snowflake's chance in hell they can fit all of Pittard, Stevenson, Wines and Colquhoun into the one team. Colquhoun probably the most doubtful, so you need to swing either Vlastuin or Goodes into there and think up another rookie DEF. I am hoping Wines will be a permanent fixture in my side. He has the potential. Suspect Mitchell will be in and out a bit. We have a tradition that long hair belongs in the SANFL. I'm thinking van Unen or Docherty to fill D8 after Vlastuin goes to MID for Colquhoun and I'm going cold on Mitchell. I'll also be keeping an eye out on Currie and Murdoch.Cheers.

17. Jason

I thought van Unen was injured currently?

18. choppers

Jason wrote:
    I thought van Unen was injured currently? You may be right there, Jason although he's not on the Bombers Injury List. But that leaves me with Docherty if he is.....

19. Jason

Van Unen didn't play any of the 2013 preseason, not a good sign.

20. choppers

Jason wrote:
    Van Unen didn't play any of the 2013 preseason, not a good sign. Correct. In fact, it's a terrible sign. looks like Docherty might just get the nod.Cheers.