2013 RMT Supercoach

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FlyBoy15, Feb 16, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Do your worst guys: DEF: Gibbs, Hanley, Houli, Gwilt, Terlich, B Goodes (Pittard, Stephenson/Docherty) MID: Ablett, JP Kennedy, Deledio, Murphy, Moloney, Vlastuin, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Mitchell/Wines) RUCK: Mullet with Sauce (Rowe, Currie/Daw) FWD: Roughead, Baretl, Rockliff, Watts, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Daniher) $37K in the bank.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

chris88 wrote:
    Do your worst guys: DEF: Gibbs, Hanley, Houli, Gwilt, Terlich, B Goodes (Pittard, Stephenson/Docherty) MID: Ablett, JP Kennedy, Deledio, Murphy, Moloney, Vlastuin, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Mitchell/Wines) RUCK: Mullet with Sauce (Rowe, Currie/Daw) FWD: Roughead, Baretl, Rockliff, Watts, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Daniher) $37K in the bank. Looks pretty solid to me. Good stuff. My only concern would be the 2 FWD emergencies. And I'd go Stevenson instead of Docherty, Wines instead of Mitchell, if you can afford it, and Currie for Daws. A great ruck combo of curried fish with Thai sauce....yum! Cheers

3. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

chris88 wrote:
    Do your worst guys: DEF: Gibbs, Hanley, Houli, Gwilt, Terlich, B Goodes (Pittard, Stephenson/Docherty) MID: Ablett, JP Kennedy, Deledio, Murphy, Moloney, Vlastuin, O'Meara, Crouch (Viney, Mitchell/Wines) RUCK: Mullet with Sauce (Rowe, Currie/Daw) FWD: Roughead, Baretl, Rockliff, Watts, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Daniher) $37K in the bank. Love the pod defence, especially Gwilt. Wish I had the balls to pick him. Apparently daniher wont play early, so be wary of him, though i cant think of too many others apart from stringer (still injured?) as a replacement.

4. Midge001

Midge001 Member

FlyBoy15 wrote:
    I know the NAB Cup has only just begun but someone's got to start the ball rolling. [span style='color: #ff0000;]Remember, this whole system works best if we comment on each others teams. If you would like your team rated don't forget to rate others, common courtesy! Goddard. Gibbs. Danyle Pearce. Broughton. Yarran. Docherty. Goodes. Pittard. Ablett. Cotchin. Jack. Fyfe. Varcoe. Wines. Crouch. O'Meara. Viney. Colquhoun. Roughhead. Luenberger. Gorringe. Sinclair Rockliff. Hawkins. Martin. Christensen. Darling. Macaffer Menzel. Lee. $114,000 remaining
    You've gone more mid-price than I'd normally like...very high-risk but potentially high-reward. I'm not sure that Pearce is going to do much more than last year, and for that matter I think Broughton hasn't shown much either, but there's a chance for them I guess. Maybe Heppell/Hibberd are similar priced players with more potential upside?
    Mids...Fyfe is a gun as long as he's fit...Varcoe is going to give you a lot of 50-60 point games, though. Roughie...great pick providing his role doesn't change too much which will hurt his consistency.
    Mine:
    Goddard, Gibbs, Hibberd, Goodes, Pittard, Terlich, Docherty, Stevenson Ablett, Beams, JPK, Dangerfield, Murphy, Mitchell, O'Meara, Viney, Vlastuin, Crouch Kreuzer, Blicavs, Rowe, Currie Franklin, Cox, Ryder, Bartel, Rockliff, Macaffer, Spangher, Neade $10,900 left

5. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Ok heres mine. Still unsure on the midfield but happy with the rest
    Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, Terlich (Pittard, Docherty)
    Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Mundy, Wines, Crouch, Omeara, Viney (Mitchell, Jones)
    Sauce, Mummy (Rowe, Blicavs)
    Buddy, Cox, Rockliff, Bartel, Breust, Kennedy (Maccaffer, Neade)

6. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

hawks2008 wrote:
    Ok heres mine. Still unsure on the midfield but happy with the rest
    Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, Terlich (Pittard, Docherty)
    Ablett, Swan, Pendles, Mundy, Wines, Crouch, Omeara, Viney (Mitchell, Jones)
    Sauce, Mummy (Rowe, Blicavs)
    Buddy, Cox, Rockliff, Bartel, Breust, Kennedy (Maccaffer, Neade) @hawks2008
    Like your work. All the value appears to be in the Defence and Mids this year and reckon you're set to cash in with plenty of good rookies. Also like the good old set and forget ruck combo (If you can still count Mumford as a set and forget after last year's shemozzle) I promised myself that would be my strategy this year after falling for the 3-0-1 trap last year but still find myself with L Burger in awaiting R1 teams. Not sure I'd have the balls to include Bartell but good onya, and Breust is a good POD.
    Here's mine to slice and dice:
    Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Heppell, Broughton, Goodes, Pittard (Docherty, Terlich) Mid: Ablett, Selwood, Cotchin, Hartlett, Moloney, Crouch, O'Meara, Vlastuin (Mitchell, Viney) R: Jacobs, Leuenberger (Sinclair, Currie) For: Franklin, Cox, Rioli, Rockliff, Kennedy, Macaffer (Neade, Lee) $109,700 in bank

7. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Here's my team now: Def: Goddard (MID), Hanley, Broughton (FWD), O'Brien, Otten, Goodes (MID), Plowman, Pittard Mid: Ablett, Bartel (FWD), Gibbs (DEF) , Rich, Whitfield, Stevens, Crouch, O'Meara, Vlastuin (DEF), Viney Ruck: Naitanui, Hale (both FWD), Witts, Daw Fwd: Franklin, Ryder (RUC), El Zorko (MID), Dahlhaus, Kennedy, McCafe, Staker, Kersten Cash Left: $96,200 If Nic-Nat doesn't play, I'll trade in Cox, also if Kryten doesn't play, I'll put in Rowe.

8. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

HOLKY wrote:
    Here's my team now: Def: Goddard (MID), Hanley, Broughton (FWD), O'Brien, Otten, Goodes (MID), Plowman, Pittard Mid: Ablett, Bartel (FWD), Gibbs (DEF) , Rich, Whitfield, Stevens, Crouch, O'Meara, Vlastuin (DEF), Viney Ruck: Naitanui, Hale (both FWD), Witts, Daw Fwd: Franklin, Ryder (RUC), El Zorko (MID), Dahlhaus, Kennedy, McCafe, Staker, Kersten Cash Left: $96,200 If Nic-Nat doesn't play, I'll trade in Cox, also if Kryten doesn't play, I'll put in Rowe. Holky, I swear you aren't listening to good advice when it is given the first time. There is no way Bartel and Gibbs should be in your MID line. Naitanui is nowhere near ready to play, out for at least 3-4 weeks (confirmed today on afl.com.au). Witts is not up to AFL standard of fitness yet, Hudson will back up Jolly instead, that's why they drafted him. Staker is out for 3-4 weeks also. Is O'Brien the Harry O'Brien, cause he's past his best and will not improve on his 2012 SC scoring - will be lucky to hold onto his previous average.

9. the_yipster

the_yipster New Member

Here is my team. I'm hoping for a few opinions. I'll give my opinions to anyone who replies.
    Def: Goddard, Duffield, Reilly, Vlastulin, B.Goodes, L. Stevenson, Van Unen, Terlich Mid: Ablett, Swan, J.Watson, J.Kennedy (SYD), B. Gibbs, K, Mitchell, B.Crouch, J.O'Meara, J.Viney, S.Dwyer Ruck: Maric, Cox, Rowe, Currie Fwd: Roughead (HAW), Bartel, Rockliff, LeCras, J.Kennedy (WCE), Macaffer, T.Lee, M.Duffy
    Any information on my rookies will be extremely helpful as well.

10. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

After I reluctantly took advice about DPP in the midfield, here's my team: BK: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Vlastuin, Goodes, Stevenson (Docherty, Terlich) MF: Ablett, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Mitchell, Moloney, Stevens, Wines, O'Meara (K.Mitchell, Viney) RK: McEvoy, Jenkins (Blicavs, Currie) FW: Franklin, Cox, Zorko, Bartel, Karnezis, McCaffer (Daniher, Rowe). I'm feeling very uneasy having no DPP in the MF. I would prefer reassurance that if someone is injured and no MF is avaiable, that I could swap from FW or BK lines to replace that player. But the general consensus is to have none. If that's what makes you great SC players, so be it.

11. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

@the_yipster It's pretty good. I'd look at replacing LeCras though and look at someone who has more upside. Too many players that'll take points away from LeCras. You could look at Karnezis as a good replacement for him.

12. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I think you have misunderstood the thrust there Benny. The point is that you shouldn't have premium DPP players in the mids, their gain is maximised in fwd or def lines, if you want to open the DPP links use rookies in the midfield, there are no suitable M/F links that I know of but there are a couple M/D that people have listed, Vlastiun or Goodes are examples. type corrected

13. BG

BG New Member

Ok here goes
    Goddard D/M, Gibbs D/M, Hanley, Watts D/F, Vlastuin D/M, Terlich (Pittard, Stevenson) GAJ, Swan, Cotchin, Moloney, Varcoe M/F, Wines, O'meara, Crouch (Viney, Colquohoun D/M) Maric, Leuenberger (Blicavs, Rowe R/F) Buddy, Ryder (R/F), Zorko M/F, Rockliff M/F, Dawes, Macaffer (Daniher, C. Cameron D/F)
    much more mid price heavy than I would normally go, thoughts?

14. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

BG wrote:
    Ok here goes
    Goddard D/M, Gibbs D/M, Hanley, Watts D/F, Vlastuin D/M, Terlich (Pittard, Stevenson) GAJ, Swan, Cotchin, Moloney, Varcoe M/F, Wines, O'meara, Crouch (Viney, Colquohoun D/M) Maric, Leuenberger (Blicavs, Rowe R/F) Buddy, Ryder (R/F), Zorko M/F, Rockliff M/F, Dawes, Macaffer (Daniher, C. Cameron D/F)
    much more mid price heavy than I would normally go, thoughts? Downgrade varcoe to a rookie, maybe kane mitchell or koby stevens, then use thw money to get a better forward than dawes

15. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

the_yipster wrote:
    Here is my team. I'm hoping for a few opinions. I'll give my opinions to anyone who replies.
    Def: Goddard, Duffield, Reilly, Vlastulin, B.Goodes, L. Stevenson, Van Unen, Terlich Mid: Ablett, Swan, J.Watson, J.Kennedy (SYD), B. Gibbs, K, Mitchell, B.Crouch, J.O'Meara, J.Viney, S.Dwyer Ruck: Maric, Cox, Rowe, Currie Fwd: Roughead (HAW), Bartel, Rockliff, LeCras, J.Kennedy (WCE), Macaffer, T.Lee, M.Duffy
    Any information on my rookies will be extremely helpful as well. I'd change a few things but of course it's up to you. In Defence, I think Vlastuin will get plenty of the green vest and van Unen hasn't surfaced anywhere yet this season so I would move Gibbs to DEF for Vlastuin and bring in another Rookie for van Unen, maybe Pittard or Docherty. You don't say how much cash you have left, but I would now replace Gibbs in MID with either Moloney,(if you have the cash) or a Lucas, or Lower, or Stevens(WB). Also, both Mitchell and Dwyer still need to be elevated from the rookie list to play, and Crouch was left out of Adelaide's Rd1 side, although my personal opinion would be to hold onto Crouch. As it stands, you already have a doughnut in your midfield. Rucks are solid as is FWD line although I'm not too sure about F7 and F8. I'd prefer Macaffer at F7 if you can swing it, by bringing in Karnezis or Varcoe to F6, if you have the cash. Hope I've been of some help. Cheers.

16. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Following advice, I have made some changes: Here's my team now: Def: Goddard (MID), Hanley, Broughton (FWD), Lake, Otten, Goodes (MID), Plowman, Pittard Mid: Ablett, McLean,Zorko (FWD), Rich, Whitfield, Stevens, Crouch, O'Meara, Vlastuin (DEF), Viney Ruck: Cox, Hale (both FWD), Rowe, Daw Fwd: Franklin, Ryder (RUC),Watts (DEF), Dahlhaus, Kennedy, McCafe, Menzel (FWD), Kersten Cash Left: $43,400 My M2, M3 and M4 all are sub-premium, yes but I think they might be close to becoming premium. I still play with some switches but It's not my dominant theme.

17. Swans2012

Swans2012 New Member

Ok, hours of pondering have produced the following Def: godd, duff, Hartlet, d Pearce, pittard, goodes + rookies Mid: Ablett, swan, k jack, b gibbs, fyfe + rookies (wines etc) Ruck: josh Jenkins, s Rowe, blicavs, and currie Fwd: franklin, cox, rockliff, broughton, kennedy, varcoe + rooks Balance 200k What do you think? Worried about the ruck but have enough $ to lock luenberger in if named for blicavs and if not named will hope one of the rooks is or downgrade Ablett to free up $ for another ruck.

18. donkey_kong

donkey_kong New Member

<div>Finally got my password and things sorted so i'llpost my team then go look around and give some feedback myself.

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, D. Heppell, J. Pittard, D. Terlich (L. Stevenson, L. Brown)<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14.546875px;[/img] MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Watson, A. Swallow, N. Fyfe, O. Wines, B. Goodes, K. Mitchell, N. Kommer (J. O'Meara, B. Crouch)<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14.546875px;[/img] RUC: I. Maric, D. Currie (D. Cox, M. Blicavs)<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14.546875px;[/img] FWD: L. Franklin, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, J. Bolton, P. Karnezis, B. Macaffer (M. Spangher, S. Rowe)<br style='color: #000000; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 14.546875px;[/img] CASH LEFT: $42,000

cox is obviously starting on field but the planner is being a pain. so is omeara if blicavs has a good game this week will move cox fwd or should i do it today? risky?

Any feedback is good feedback. oh and when are the pre season stats going to be in stats?

19. donkey_kong

donkey_kong New Member

choppers wrote:
    the_yipster wrote:
    Any information on my rookies will be extremely helpful as well. I'd change a few things but of course it's up to you. In Defence, I think Vlastuin will get plenty of the green vest and van Unen hasn't surfaced anywhere yet this season so I would move Gibbs to DEF for Vlastuin and bring in another Rookie for van Unen, maybe Pittard or Docherty. You don't say how much cash you have left, but I would now replace Gibbs in MID with either Moloney,(if you have the cash) or a Lucas, or Lower, or Stevens(WB). Also, both Mitchell and Dwyer still need to be elevated from the rookie list to play, and Crouch was left out of Adelaide's Rd1 side, although my personal opinion would be to hold onto Crouch. As it stands, you already have a doughnut in your midfield. Rucks are solid as is FWD line although I'm not too sure about F7 and F8. I'd prefer Macaffer at F7 if you can swing it, by bringing in Karnezis or Varcoe to F6, if you have the cash. Hope I've been of some help. Cheers. As many are having trouble with forwards(rooks) wait till teams next week.
    Also agree with most of the above, viney wont play the first 2-3 rounds with a neck injury? Pittard ahead of docherty.

20. donkey_kong

donkey_kong New Member

Swans2012 wrote:
    Ok, hours of pondering have produced the following Def: godd, duff, Hartlet, d Pearce, pittard, goodes + rookies Mid: Ablett, swan, k jack, b gibbs, fyfe + rookies (wines etc) Ruck: josh Jenkins, s Rowe, blicavs, and currie Fwd: franklin, cox, rockliff, broughton, kennedy, varcoe + rooks Balance 200k What do you think? Worried about the ruck but have enough $ to lock luenberger in if named for blicavs and if not named will hope one of the rooks is or downgrade Ablett to free up $ for another ruck. without seeing ur rookies we cant give much advice on the team as a whole. rucks def need some work imo
    if you havent looked thru the forum get cracking, many teams have gibbs etc in mids-move to def wasted in mids. broughton is not a good choice. rid pearce for gibbs then get another mid. like i said without ur rooks cant give a TEAM balance opinion.