2013 RMT Supercoach

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FlyBoy15, Feb 16, 2013.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Bearfly wrote:
    choppers wrote:
    I had Wines and brought Lucas in as I think Wines might be strong candidate for the vest pretty often, whereas I think Lucas is in their best 22. Murdoch is with St.Kilda, but I'm open to suggestions there. Re: the rucks, my hope is for Naitanui to be out for about 4-5 rds and bring him in then for Leuey so I won't need Rowe. But lots of things can happen before next week. And I know what you mean about Parker last year. Strongly suggest you rethink you're view on Wines Choppers - there are several other more likely candidates for the kermit vest this year and can assure you that the coaches are pretty keen to throw the young fella into the midfield early. Wingard suffered multiple vestings in 2012 (green & red) mainly due to the simple fact the coach didn't know what he was doing half the time. Hinkley is all about the team playing attacking, hard at it, contested footy, and Ollie has been showing those qualities in spades through the pre-season. More likely kermit vest candidates would be Wingard, Stevenson, Heath, Young, Mitchell, Neade Sorry about the slow reply Bear, but I've been without the Internet for 4 days. Have taken your advice about Wines, and Lucas has gone. Now, I need to decide between Wines and Koby.

2. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Bomber12 wrote:
    Hey guys new forum memberill start by chuckin up my team for judgement lol Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Waters, Heppell, Pittard, Terlich (Stevenson, Docherty) Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Murphy, Whitfield, Wines, Goodes, O'meara (Toumpas, Viney) Rucks: Maric, Currie (Rowe, Blicavs) Forwards: Franklin, Walker, Cox, Martin, Varcoe, Byrnes (Macaffer, Neade) Bomber, I think that a 3 rookie ruck is a major flaw to your team. No rookies will score highly for the rucks this year, and don't get sucked in by Z Smith and Giles in the past few years. Later in the year it might also be a struggle to get 2 playing rucks on the field.
    I reckon Varcoe is a high chance for injury, but I guess you will have thought about that and it is a risk your willing to take.
    Rookies are hard to judge until teams, but maybe put Goodes into the backline for Docherty and get a different midfield rookie. The mids generally score higher than the backs, so cash will be made quicker.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Tomster wrote:<br/>Here's mine
    I need someone to convince me on Karnezis, and Miles is my POD. Miles has had a good preseason and GWS need a good midfielder. Noone is going to take his points either :). Also the rookies are dependant on teams.

Tomster i assume you will be replacing 2 of your 3 defenders not selected with stevenson and heath Likwise for miles and hrovat with some of the mid rookies picked Leuey obviosuly needing to be upgraded may eman you scarifice a midpriced or premo elswhere perhaps Lee swap to dwyer if you think he has reasonable js Your team is pretty much like mine in that it lacks PODs, i just havent done the reaserch to trust my gut feel so might be burning trades early to set my team up for league play in round 3 not sure if you think the same ?

4. TheTassieHawk

choppers wrote:<br/>I've been giving my opinion on other teams so I guess it's only fair I throw mine out there for your thoughts. B: Goddard &#160;Gibbs &#160;Hanley &#160;Goodes &#160;Pittard &#160;Terlich &#160;(Docherty &#160;Stevenson) C: GAJ, Swan &#160;Pendles &#160;JPK &#160;Moloney &#160;Lucas &#160;O'Meara &#160;Kent (Crouch &#160;Viney) R: Jacobs &#160;Leuey (Currie &#160;Blicavs) F: Cox &#160;Zorko &#160;Bartel &#160;Rockliff &#160;Varcoe &#160;Karnezis &#160;(Macaffer Murdoch) $84,300 left. My only 2 queries I have are F8 Murdoch, and M9 and M10. Should it be Crouch/Viney, Crouch/Jones or Jones/Viney? Having 3 Melb. players @ M8,9 and 10 might be pushing it a tad too much.&#160; @choppers - another needing to upgrade leuy (roughy perhaps) so may need to flick either karnezis varcoe or moloney to free up cash, also need to fix up rookies and i am sure you will be wondering which ones are genuine stars and which are the fools gold !

5. TheTassieHawk

Currently have only $400 left before tweaking further <br/> <br/>GODDARD GIBBS HEPPELL Broughton Goodes Pittard <br/> (Stevenson emg, Heath) <br/> <br/>Ablett Swan Pendles COTCHIN Whitfield Toumpas K Stevens O'Meara <br/> ( Viney emg, CROUCH) <br/> <br/>COX RYDER (Blucavs emg, ROWE) <br/> <br/>Franklin Roughead Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis Macaffer <br/> (Dwyer emg, Neade) <br/> <br/>Obviously Lacking major PODs, and due to keeping Crouch and Rowe have preferred playing rookies in Fwd and Def. <br/> <br/>Keen to get wines or mitchell back in for kstevens or toumpas mainly to free up $$$, similarly may ditch swan to free up more $$$, <br/> <br/> keen to hear general feedback and also which of my rookies could be this years fools gold rd 1 bolter - ie Relton/Harry Cunungham

6. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    Currently have only $400 left before tweaking further

GODDARD GIBBS HEPPELL Broughton Goodes Pittard
    (Stevenson emg, Heath)

Ablett Swan Pendles COTCHIN Whitfield Toumpas K Stevens O'Meara
    ( Viney emg, CROUCH)

COX RYDER (Blucavs emg, ROWE)

Franklin Roughead Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis Macaffer
    (Dwyer emg, Neade)

Obviously Lacking major PODs, and due to keeping Crouch and Rowe have preferred playing rookies in Fwd and Def.

Keen to get wines or mitchell back in for kstevens or toumpas mainly to free up $$$, similarly may ditch swan to free up more $$$,

keen to hear general feedback and also which of my rookies could be this years fools gold rd 1 bolter - ie Relton/Harry Cunungham Hawk, I reckon you should free up some cash in that midfield. Mitchell, if he gets games, could be that bolter you are talking about, and Wines to a lesser extent. I would be very worried about Varcoe, he is injury prone and a risk that you are obviously willing to take. Also, are you happy enough to have both Swan and Pendles in your starting midfield? They, and Beams, could take points off each other in a big way. But i guess that hasn't happened before so why should it happen this year? Also, Dwyer might be that fools gold, but he has potential to be good. Back to my team, my big POD was Miles. My ruckline now has Goldstien and Maric, and my back rookies now have 3 port players in them, along with B Goodes and an unknown player. Help with that unknown player would be very much appreciated

7. choppers

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    choppers wrote:
    I've been giving my opinion on other teams so I guess it's only fair I throw mine out there for your thoughts. B: Goddard Gibbs Hanley Goodes Pittard Terlich (Docherty Stevenson) C: GAJ, Swan Pendles JPK Moloney Lucas O'Meara Kent (Crouch Viney) R: Jacobs Leuey (Currie Blicavs) F: Cox Zorko Bartel Rockliff Varcoe Karnezis (Macaffer Murdoch) $84,300 left. My only 2 queries I have are F8 Murdoch, and M9 and M10. Should it be Crouch/Viney, Crouch/Jones or Jones/Viney? Having 3 Melb. players @ M8,9 and 10 might be pushing it a tad too much. @choppers - another needing to upgrade leuy (roughy perhaps) so may need to flick either karnezis varcoe or moloney to free up cash, also need to fix up rookies and i am sure you will be wondering which ones are genuine stars and which are the fools gold ! That team listed above was about 1400 tweaks ago. I've since gone Heath for Docherty, Koby for Lucas,Neade for Kent, Martin for Leuey and Dwyer for Murdoch.Leaves me with $55k+. Will look to upgrade Martin at 1st chance. It was a toss-up between Dwyer and Lee for F8. Dwyer got the nod because of DPP, but don't think his JS is all that secure. The extra trades this year will help, hopefully.

8. choppers

TheTassieHawk wrote:

(Stevenson emg, Heath)

( Viney emg, CROUCH)

(Dwyer emg, Neade)

Obviously Lacking major PODs, and due to keeping Crouch and Rowe have preferred playing rookies in Fwd and Def.

Keen to get wines or mitchell back in for kstevens or toumpas mainly to free up $$$, similarly may ditch swan to free up more $$$,

keen to hear general feedback and also which of my rookies could be this years fools gold rd 1 bolter - ie Relton/Harry Cunungham FWIW, if you want to free up some cash, keep Swan (100-120ppg) and get rid of Broughton. Bring in maybe Terlich, as you'd reckon that either of Stevenson or Heath would play every game so you've got cover there, and I think Terlich will get plenty of games this year. Then you could get rid of Toumpas and Stevens and then bring in Wines (or Mitchell) and a Prem midfielder with the $523K+ left. The MIDS generally score better that DEF so that's my reason for dropping Broughton and keeping Swan. Good luck.

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

TheTassieHawk wrote:

(Stevenson emg, Heath)

( Viney emg, CROUCH)

(Dwyer emg, Neade)

keen to hear general feedback and also which of my rookies could be this years fools gold rd 1 bolter - ie Relton/Harry Cunungham I don't like the structure that has both Dwyer and Neade as FWD bench. Macaffer not solid JS at F6 could be trouble when Thomas and Krakouer are back (also spells trouble for Dwyer). I'd suggest you swing Broughton forward, drop one of Neade/Dwyer and bring in another cheap DEF player with better JS. Pittard is a glaring omission from your side at the moment, for what is a pretty cookie cutter lineup otherwise.

10. TheTassieHawk

thansk jase and others i have made a few chnages and freed up $106K at the moment JPK in for swan (to lessen my expsure to rd13 premiums and make a few $$$) K Stevens now locked in based on what I hope is reasonable JS depsite limited preseason minutes Still tossing up last few mid rookies spots between Toumpas/Whitfield/Mitchell/Wines as I currently have Mitchelland Toumpas in and Whitfield and Wines outand $106K left over. So could end up with $30-$130K depending on which way I go, more cash gives me flexibility which would be nice early on, but will try to keep my focus on lioekly JS, scoring and $$$ earning potential based on a quick reviw of NAB cup and other comments in the various RMt discussions. I willno doubt swing Broughton forward once I am staring at a forward donut in Rd2/3/4/5, hopefully one of Colquohon/Terlcich/Vlaatuin or Docherty are then ready to be picked up as a sideways for Macaffer/Neade/Dwyer ! All the best guys !