2013 Tour de France

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by port_leschenault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Being unorganised this year I did not pick my team until Saturday night before the race knowing I would not receive first stage points. So really upset with myself for actually picking Marcel Kittel in my team and not getting 40 points.

2. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

In response to chel's kind offer of a drink etc along the way I have found a tad more energy in Stage 3!! Team (Velo) Froome, Evans, Pinot, Dupont, Bos Hagen, Gilbert, Garcia (Spud), Bookwalter & Sagon Currently ranked 641 with 538 pts, anyone here behind me? In the RCUK game (20 trades) I was lucky enough to see the article about Gerrans targeting this stage & enjoyed transfering him in for the stage win. PS chels, if this doesn't work out in the next few days - could you possibly send the team car (with the goodies) back to me?? :))

3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Not sure on trades at the moment, if you were to do any it would have been for stage 2 and 3 I reckon, now after the uncounted TTT, we have mostly sprint stages with only the wind to be a factor. I'm leaving them in hand atm in case of an emergency and ready for the next week.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I was planning on none until the end of stage 7 when as advised here I was switching to a GC/Climbers team, but Geraint Thomas had to go, guy is brave but winged..

5. HeavyMen

Aussie in YELLOW, just a beautiful sight :)

6. Popey

Popey Member

Time to ditch Voeckler and/or Van Garderen? They are worrying me...

7. Popey

Popey Member

First two transfers: Voeckler > Impey and Van Garderen > Greipel. Don't know why I started with Tejay... Thought he'd take it up to them stages 2 and 3. Greipel to go bang soon.

8. port_leschenault

Sounds good Popeye. Yeah, enjoyed Gerro winning the other night then the team follow up and win in the TTT and he's now in Yellow! Tour already a success for the Aussies, which is good, means less pressure for Goss in the sprints now and the team will be on a super motivated now.

9. Popey

Popey Member

Ahhh bugger. In the end Van Garderen to Impey didn't save up as I did that separately. Oh well. Can always do that tomorrow as tonight seems hilly.

10. Popey

Popey Member

And I really reckon that Gerro will manage to hold yellow for at least 2 stages. Team is pumped!

11. graeme

graeme Guest

The kids racked up 154 points onstage 6 which was ourbonus stage - hence the short term jump up the rankings.
    Strategy for trading in block 2 will be interesting with some decent mountains, an ITT and some potential sprints.
    Heavy, the kids plan to make a stop on stage 7 to taste some wine and have a smoke or two. I think our rendezvous point should beChartreuse de Mougeres in Caux which is about 10 km north east of Pezenas. Ease back to the team car and we will take a 'short cut' to the finish. It is important not to mistake the winery for the Monastery in the square. You, and any other of the Too Serious groupetto, are more than welcome. A bit of etiquette- could you leave your bike outside this time please?

12. Len

chels wrote:
    The kids racked up 154 points onstage 6 which was ourbonus stage - hence the short term jump up the rankings.
    Strategy for trading in block 2 will be interesting with some decent mountains, an ITT and some potential sprints.
    Heavy, the kids plan to make a stop on stage 7 to taste some wine and have a smoke or two. I think our rendezvous point should beChartreuse de Mougeres in Caux which is about 10 km north east of Pezenas. Ease back to the team car and we will take a 'short cut' to the finish. It is important not to mistake the winery for the Monastery in the square. You, and any other of the Too Serious groupetto, are more than welcome. A bit of etiquette- could you leave your bike outside this time please? How do you see your stage points chels? I must have got a heap as my points listed at the bonus stage indicator (I also had 6) were 132, does that mean I got 264 for the stage?

13. HeavyMen

Hardly fair chels ! Last time the only reason the bike was inside the premises was that I was kinda paralysised from waste down due to lack of training & couldn't wait an hour or two to ease out of the saddle, before having a drink :) Of course it may be a case of catching up to the team car rather than easing back to it but will look fwd to the evening, can only imagine the suprise on the faces of themonastery folk - if I end up in there by mistake! err........will there be'friendly' women :)

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Pretty sure you will have 264 Heavy - i.e., 2 * 132.
    I remember well last year and your search for a 'nurse' to ease your saddle sores. The only blessing was that you did no reveal the traumatised area to the patrons of that particular watering hole, Tonight I hope that Canal 3 will be showing the pies v. blues game so we can abuse both sets of players and the white maggots from a safe distance. There is however, a big night planned with 'partners' on the eve of the so called 'rest day.' Do not know why it is called a rest day when it always ends up the same as the rest of the days.

15. Len

chels wrote:
    Pretty sure you will have 264 Heavy - i.e., 2 * 132.
    I prefer 'Substantial' to Heavy' tbh chels :p

16. graeme

graeme Guest

lol Len - BTW, you have mail.

17. port_leschenault

Yeah people, make sure you remember to SAVE your trades! I think I stuffed up there too and lost 12 points as a result. :doh:

18. Len

Is there some penalty for trading at certain times? I have made two trades but only have five left, could have sworn we started with 8

19. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Our first 8 trades, do we have to have used them by tonight? Or can we still do it tomorrow morning?

20. graeme

graeme Guest

You lose any unused trades for part one at 8am tomorrow (July 6). Thus you can trade climbers in after the deadline for stage 7 (6pm) for what should be a sprinters' stage. You will also know who are in yellow and green before the expiry of the trades for this part.
    Perhaps Heavy has eaten the other trade Len?