2013 Tour de France

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by port_leschenault, Jun 11, 2013.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

There should be some sort of trade history. Check that, if not, contact the game moderators

2. Jodie

Jodie New Member

A word of warning to all participants on trading in the SBS comp.
    If you click on the red cross next to the rider you want to trade and then select a new rider this will count as 2 TRADES. However, if you click on the rider's name rather than the red cross and then select a new rider this will count as 1 TRADE
    I nearly made this mistake this week and noticed the trades written at the top of the page was two trades instead of 1 before I clicked save
    close one!

3. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Guest

It does look that way at the top of the screen but I think (don't hold me to it) in the end it still just counts as one trade; from memory I think I did do the x and then select the new rider and I have had no trades 'disappear'. That said, I'm not going to try it; better to be safe than sorry. Thanks for the caution Jodie!

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Jodie wrote:
    A word of warning to all participants on trading in the SBS comp.
    If you click on the red cross next to the rider you want to trade and then select a new rider this will count as 2 TRADES. However, if you click on the rider's name rather than the red cross and then select a new rider this will count as 1 TRADE
    I nearly made this mistake this week and noticed the trades written at the top of the page was two trades instead of 1 before I clicked save
    close one! Thanks Jodie, that's how I traded, I have definitely one made two changes and lost 3 trades so I think you are spot on... Annoying but fortunately I only want to make 4 changes anyway..

5. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

6. HeavyMen

chels wrote:
    You lose any unused trades for part one at 8am tomorrow (July 6). Thus you can trade climbers in after the deadline for stage 7 (6pm) for what should be a sprinters' stage. You will also know who are in yellow and green before the expiry of the trades for this part.
    Perhaps Heavy has eaten the other trade Len? 'BURP' !!! .......Pardon me, I did no such thing chels :)

7. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Guest

Now that was a textbook team stage win! I think they really wanted it.

8. Popey

Popey Member

Any cheap climbers that we should be keeping our eye on? Not sure who I should be touching...

9. port_leschenault

There is quite a lot that are 4.5 and cheaper. Just look through the preview I did and see if any match up. I hope people used their trades up before the new ones came in :)

10. port_leschenault

Also well done to DS of Fat Man Cav who's got the early breakaway and it looking good in the overall as well.

11. Jodie

Jodie New Member

For those looking for climbers, Team Euskaltel Euskadi are alway highly motivated in the Pyrenees and will be looking for a stage win

12. Popey

Popey Member

I had 7 trades left when they got wiped. SEVEN! I had been away for 2 nights so forgot to use them! Haha.

13. J_C

J_C Guest

Jodie wrote:
    For those looking for climbers, Team Euskaltel Euskadi are alway highly motivated in the Pyrenees and will be looking for a stage win I did think of that but decided to leave them out. Here's hoping that doesn't bite me on the backside! lol

14. HeavyMen

Today I shall ride at the back of the peleton sulking. Fluck!! (the only French swearword I know) On hearing from home that perma capo GAJ was out, I installed no other than the consummate professional Jobe WATSON as stand in capo. Have just heard he lasted a few minutes only before cracking a collar bone. Comparing his 48 as capo against those with Swan, Pendles & shite - it's losses everywhere. SC Gods are meaner than all others & I raise my middle figure to them! [​IMG] Dark clouds were just lifting & in comes the news that Webber last seem coming down pit lane after first tyre change in 2nd possie & his rear wheel overtakes him. How many ways does he find to torment his fans. Apparantely the mechanic was left bemused with the wheel nut still in his hand as Webber tried to get out in 1st position.

15. graeme

graeme Guest

after the ITT why don't we meeton the St Malo waterfrontfor a commiseration session with oysters, crepes and cheese accompanied by beaucoup cider and muscadet . I can explain how when I heard GAJ was out I ended up with T Mitchell as captain. The idea of two rest days within three days is very appealing mon ami.

16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Is there a way on SBS to tell what points you have been assigned for a stage, or indeed if the points for a stage have been assigned? Some of the setup of the comp is 'amateurish'

17. HeavyMen

Sorry Len., not riding in that comp this year so unable to help there. Of course chels. Really enjoyed the night atChartreuse de Mougeres in Caux & the food & wine(s) were 'delicious'. Finding my bike legs a have little interest in the individual time trials so should be fresh & raring to go in 'party mode' for the meet in St Malo Will there be 'friendly ladies' :)

18. graeme

graeme Guest

Len, amateurish maybe a little generous. It appears points for stage 10 are not yet included; I brought in Cav before cut-off and have a zero against him so I am pretty confident that that is the case.
    HM, every night I wake up from is a good one. Brittany is full of friendly gentle people (including ladies). That is one of the many charms of the place. Many years ago in La Baule a Parisian couple explained to me that real people holiday in Brittany, the plastic people head to the south of France.

19. J_C

J_C Guest

Stage 10 points definitely not added yet. Had the first 4 over the line last night and no change yet. They haven't updated the stage result for Stage 10 on the site yet either, so I assume once that's done the other follows?

20. port_leschenault

Brendan and Los Campones goes straight to the front with a good bonus haul from the ITT. Can he maintain his 7 point lead over the Obese Piss-kop team? :p A lot of teams looking good and it'll be interesting now as trading strategies should come into play to sort us all out. Good luck! I think Velogames is a bit of a write off :p Nah there's a lot of you still with a chance of winning that, does depend on a lot of your uniques getting better of the third week,