2014 ORFFA FIXture

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Feb 15, 2014.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Some very interesting selection conundrums for the grand finalists after team announcements. Both have lost players and have had to shift personnel around. Will be interesting to see how this pans out.

2. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Well it would have been nice to go into our first GF with the full firepower of the IK team, but we will have to make do with the guys we have! Hodge, Goldstein and Ablett all out. Minson comes back which at least gives us a ruck option! Good luck to Wagga, although not too much as we would really like to win this one. We have named Pearce Hanley captain after his great season and hope he can bring us home. BACKS - Harbrow, Burgoyne, Hanley(c), Sutcliffe (Grima) MIDS - NJones, Griffen, Shuey, Douglas (Horlin-Smith) RUCK - Minson FORWD - Waite, JRiewoldt, Breust, Darling (Goodes) INT - Macrae, Puopolo (Mackay)

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Best of luck Jimbo and Lenny - IMO, very worthy finalists.

4. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga's grand final team: Team news: IN: Pittard, Jenkins OUT: Cox, L.Thomas Just the two forced changes with Cox and Thomas out of the side. Pittard comes back in the side after a good game in the reserves last week, while Jenkins is backed in to perform on the big stage. Def: Dunn, Malceski, R.Murphy, D.Swallow (Dempsey) Mid: Watson, Bastinac, Prestia, D.Shiel (Macmillan) Ruc: Lycett Fwd: Schulz, Higgins, Franklin, Jenkins (Impey) Int: S.D.Thompson, Pittard (B.Reilly) The big game is finally here and after a big week full of media attention, the Wombats are raring to go. It's the club biggest occasion since joining the ORFFA for the 2013 season, and although we come up against a very strong Iron Knob team, the self-belief in our team should hold us in good sted under pressure. Good luck Jim, may the best team on the day win.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Nice to see some former Gariwerd boys named to play in the granny :) Former longtime Cockatoo captain Shaun Burgoyne deserves the chance at this stage of his career, and we're rapt for Pittard, moving over mid season this year and getting a gig in the big time :) - both were drafted by Gariwerd in the inaugural draft. Congrats to both finalists. Hope you have a great game. Good luck to you both.

6. Lenny120

Update: Iron Knob: 729 (8) Wagga Wagga 649 (8) Players left: (Iron Knob vs Wagga Wagga) Harbrow vs R.Murphy Griffen vs D.Swallow Shuey vs Prestia Douglas vs D.Shiel Minson vs Lycett Darling vs Higgins Macrae vs Jenkins

7. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Looks like the Franklin loss hurt you a bit Lenny, although I suppose the Knob was hampered with selection outs of Goldstein and Hodge. Hopefully the game will be a tight finish and there will be no more late outs for either team. Frustratingly, my boys seem to be playing the game that I wished they played last week this week. Massive scores to Selwood, Hawkins, Bartel and Roughead leaves the team that failed so miserably last week on a score of 1116 from 10 players. Fat load of good it does when they aren't playing against anyone...

8. anthak

ChiefRussell wrote:
    Looks like the Franklin loss hurt you a bit Lenny, although I suppose the Knob was hampered with selection outs of Goldstein and Hodge. Hopefully the game will be a tight finish and there will be no more late outs for either team. Frustratingly, my boys seem to be playing the game that I wished they played last week this week. Massive scores to Selwood, Hawkins, Bartel and Roughead leaves the team that failed so miserably last week on a score of 1116 from 10 players. Fat load of good it does when they aren't playing against anyone... Keep us updated with the final score CR. May be a mammoth one,

9. Lenny120

Iron Knob Premiers 2014 Congrats Jim, very well deserved. Iron Knob ([span style='color: #ff0000;]1400) def Wagga Wagga ([span style='color: #ff0000;]1292) Wagga Wagga Def: Dunn (77), Malceski ([span style='color: #ff0000;]127), R.Murphy ([span style='color: #ff0000;]108), D.Swallow ([span style='color: #ff0000;]106) (Dempsey) Mid: Watson (85), Bastinac ([span style='color: #ff0000;]100), Prestia (91), D.Shiel ([span style='color: #ff0000;]112) (Macmillan) Ruc: Lycett ([span style='color: #ff0000;]108) Fwd: Schulz ([span style='color: #ff0000;]109), Higgins (47), Franklin (DNP), Jenkins (71) (Impey - 29 replaces Franklin) Int: S.D.Thompson (79), Pittard (43) (B.Reilly) 1292 Iron Knob BACKS - Harbrow ([span style='color: #ff0000;]101), Burgoyne ([span style='color: #ff0000;]100), Hanley([span style='color: #ff0000;]118), Sutcliffe (82) (Grima) MIDS - Njones (98), Griffen ([span style='color: #ff0000;]189), Shuey ([span style='color: #ff0000;]117), Douglas (65) (Horlin-Smith) RUCK - Minson (75) FORWD - Waite (96), JRiewoldt (68), Breust (66), Darling (61) (Goodes) INT - Macrae (63), Puopolo ([span style='color: #ff0000;]101) (Mackay) 1400

10. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

anthak wrote:
    ChiefRussell wrote:
    Looks like the Franklin loss hurt you a bit Lenny, although I suppose the Knob was hampered with selection outs of Goldstein and Hodge. Hopefully the game will be a tight finish and there will be no more late outs for either team. Frustratingly, my boys seem to be playing the game that I wished they played last week this week. Massive scores to Selwood, Hawkins, Bartel and Roughead leaves the team that failed so miserably last week on a score of 1116 from 10 players. Fat load of good it does when they aren't playing against anyone... Keep us updated with the final score CR. May be a mammoth one, Finished on 1647 Ant. Highest ever score for me (except for the fact that it doesn't count). Congrats to you though Jim. You have got your thoroughly deserved premiership finally. Griffen played a monster game for you this afternoon, Gary Jnr. would have been proud.

11. J_C

J_C Guest

Congrats Jimbo! A thoroughly deserved premiership. The Codpieces have been an imposing outfit since day 1. Well done, mate.

12. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Like Lenny had done the sums and knew today would decide the premier. Sitting at the Crows game with no mobile data watching Douglas play pretty sucky was reasonably worried my 60 or so point lead after the GC v WCE game was not going to be enough. Enter Griffen and after a well below par season delivers huge in the clutch to help secure the flag with a monster 180+ score. Congrats to Lenny for a very close GF, honestly could have gone either way. Also to Chief and Chels for pushing me all year to improve my side to beat you guys :) Also cheers to all the contributors to this great league; Terry, Chris, Dean, Ant, Len (and anyone I may have forgot after 2 peroni and a bottle of Italian red) you guys are always doing the behind the scenes work to make this league great. We all appreciate it. To win without Goldy, Hodge and the little Master in particular was testament to the squad depth, hope we can keep the run going into next year!

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Grats on the win Jimbo well done! Commiserations to Lenny, but the loss should provide the impetus for next year :) Been another good FA year, great bunch of coaches working together to make things work... TBH, I love the offseason activity almost as much at times lol

14. anthak

ChiefRussell wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    ChiefRussell wrote:
    Looks like the Franklin loss hurt you a bit Lenny, although I suppose the Knob was hampered with selection outs of Goldstein and Hodge. Hopefully the game will be a tight finish and there will be no more late outs for either team. Frustratingly, my boys seem to be playing the game that I wished they played last week this week. Massive scores to Selwood, Hawkins, Bartel and Roughead leaves the team that failed so miserably last week on a score of 1116 from 10 players. Fat load of good it does when they aren't playing against anyone... Keep us updated with the final score CR. May be a mammoth one, Finished on 1647 Ant. Highest ever score for me (except for the fact that it doesn't count). Congrats to you though Jim. You have got your thoroughly deserved premiership finally. Griffen played a monster game for you this afternoon, Gary Jnr. would have been proud. Highest ever score, fullstop (I think). The pressure was off after falling out of the finals and they went nuts!

15. anthak

Well done Jimbo! Great to see you win a Premiership too. You and CR have both been very consistent all 3 years. And Lenny120, youve got a top shelf team too mate. Should be right up there again next year, I would think. Its been a fun season.

16. grav

grav Guest

Yeah big hats off to Jimbo! A hard fought Granny with the Codpiece depth shining through yet again. Bring on the off season tango!

17. graeme

graeme Guest

Congrats Jimbo - I reckon this is a well deserved result. I know how much you were hoping for this outcome. Commiserations Lenny, mate you have built a terrific team and you will be there or there about in the upcoming years. To the rest of us ORFFANs - congrats on being part of a wonderful league of friends and fanatics. I sincerely hope TiB decides to offer his leadership again - if not he should be congratulated on what his light handed watch has produced.

18. G-Train

G-Train Member

Well done Jim, and congrats to Len on a fine season also.

19. chris88

A great grand final - well done to both combatants, and to Jim on a fine season. Griffin repaid the faith - I was actually at the game with my dad and he earned that 180 or so - clearly BOG in what was a relatively lacklustre game at times.

20. chris88

And Richmond won too. Which was nice.