2014 Pre-Season Completed trades

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Completed trades from the 2014 Pre-Season trade period.
    Venus Bay receive Clay Smith - Cradle Mountain receive #47 Darraweit Guim receive #22 and #58 - Lovely Banks receive Shane Edwards and #57 Gundagai receive Tim Sumner - Wakik receive #91 Marble Bar receive C.Hampton - Gundagai receive #49 Gundagai receive #75 - Larrikan Lagoon receive A.Oxley Powlett Plains receive #22 and #58 - Darraweit Guim receive B.Goddard and #67 Marble Bar receive M.Paparone and #16 - Charlie's Opening receive T.Nicholls Marble Bar receive Jarred Redden - Charlies Opening receive #36 Gundagai receive T.Dickson - Mt.Beauty receive T.Bugg Wagga Wagga receive #76 - Gundagai receive N.Komner Gundagai receive J.O'Rourke and D.Talia - Larrikan Lagoon receive T.Broomhead and #49 Marble Bar receive J.Hombsch - Nunawading receive D.Myers Gariwerd receive M.Hutchings, #12 and #67 - Darraweit Guim receive J.Gibson, #8 and #62 Whitsunday receive S.Grimley - Charlies Opening receive #48 Nunawading receive T.Varcoe - Birdsville receive #59 Cradle Mountain receive #23 - Nunawading receive D.Thomas Lovely Banks receive A.Kennedy - Darraweit Guim receive #94 Larrikan Lagoon receive D.Currie - Birdsville receive #49 Marble Bar receive #50 - Birdsville receive C.Enright Marble Bar receive N.Maxwell and #131 - Nunawading receive #74 Gariwerd receive - T.Hickey, #35 and #107 - Wakik receive N.Dal Santo, #66 and #67 Powlett Plains receive #8, #42 and Darraweit Guim's 2nd round MSD pick - Darraweit Guim receive D.Armitage, #22 and Powlett Plains 3rd round MSD pick Larrikan Lagoon receive Z.Smith and #82 - Gariwerd receive #21 Iron Knob receive S.Burgoyne - Gariwerd receive #28 Iron Knob receieve A.Goodes and L.Hodge - Powlett Plains receive B.Matera and #18 Nunawading receive C.Sylvia and #35 - Gariwerd receive #14 Venus Bay receive #27 and #28 - Gariwerd receive #13 and #64 Cradle Mountain receive Darraweit Guim's 3rd round MSD Pick - Darraweit Guim receive #79 and Cradle Mountain's 4th round MSD Wagga Wagga receive #13 and #21 - Gariwerd receive #9 and #31 Larikkan Lagoon receive #64 - Gariwerd receive M.Evans

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

A deal between the Venus Bay Vultures and the Cradle Mountain devils has been reached to kick of the ORFFA pre-season trade period.
    Venus Bay Vultures receive Pre-season draft pick 61 and midfielder Clay Smith in exchange for the Devils receiving Pre-season draft pick 47. Here at Venus Bay we welcome Clay to the side and look forward to him arriving at the Cage.
    p.s Even though I may be involved in the first trade, I won't be trading as much this period, I hope.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Have I been cryogenically stored for a few weeks? I could have sworn I read a pronouncement from Len that the trade period was 'from 17th to 23rd Feb, delists from 24th Feb to 1st March, draft from 2nd to 10th March...' What did I miss while I was asleep?

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chels wrote:
    Have I been cryogenically stored for a few weeks? I could have sworn I read a pronouncement from Len that the trade period was 'from 17th to 23rd Feb, delists from 24th Feb to 1st March, draft from 2nd to 10th March...' What did I miss while I was asleep? Indeed, but the 17th Jan ;)

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Thanks Len, must have missed that while the boys were training the house down!

6. Len

chels wrote:
    Thanks Len, must have missed that while the boys were training the house down! Nah, pretty sure I had it down ambiguously somewhere, but the dates are right now :)

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

chels wrote:
    Thanks Len, must have missed that while the boys were training the house down! [span style='color: #ff0000;]OR[span style='color: #00b0f0;]F[span style='color: #7030a0;]F[span style='color: #00b050;]A. Don't blink or you will miss it.

8. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

A trade between Darraweit Guim and Lovely Banks has been confirmed. Darraweit Guim will trade Shane Edwards and Pick 57 in the draft to Lovely Banks for Picks 22 and 58. It is with regret we bid farewell to Shane, who has been a wonderful servant for the Guim since his pick up in the mid-season draft of 2012. His 80ppg average up forward was invaluable during 2012, and provided great support to an improved forward line during 2013. But after voluntarily giving up its second round draft pick under somewhat controversial circumstances during the last trade period, Darraweit Guim was keen to buy back into the draft's early rounds. Lovely Banks' need for a forward sealed the deal, given that the Guim has offered Edwards around to a couple of teams in recent times. Farewell Shane, welcome aboard pick 22 and best wishes to Mr Edwards in the lovely environs of Lovely Banks.

9. graeme

graeme Guest

After a brief spell with the Waikiks Tim Sumner has decided life looked more appealing at Gundagai. He left with our best wishes and pick 91 in the PSD was the consideration. Thanks sNoZ for being straight forward to deal with; I wish you we well in the rebuilding phase.

10. Len

After earnest discussion, Marble Bar & Gundagai have agreed that Marble Bar will part with their 3rd round pick # 49 in exchange for a young defender from their overflowing vessel of such players, C Hampton.

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

A hat trick......three trades in a row involving me.....super power.....the coc......sNoZ <p ></br> Grasshoppers send Adam Oxley, the young Pie Mid who I personally believe (maybe biased) will play at least half this year and be a starting 22 by next season ~ very big wraps on the kid at Collingwood......to Gravenger for his Pick 75, 5th Rd pick.

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

ps......anyone else having trouble on TS since the 'upgrade' 2 nights ago? Most times it works fine for me, but sometimes takes me 30mins just to get on, just over the last couple of days.

13. chris88

Darraweit Guim and Powlett Plains have agreed to a deal which continues a proud tradition between the two teams of trading pick 67 backwards and forwards. Powlett Plains trades Brendan Goddard and Pick 67 to the Guim for Picks 22 and 58. Welcome aboard Mr Goddard. And welcome back pick 67.

14. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I think you got the good side of that deal Chris!

15. G-Train

G-Train Member

The problem with trading a near 29 year old that will average 100 is that he isn't worth a first rounder. I got pick 22 (4 out of 1st round) and a late pick upgrade. Others can post here and say 'well yes he is worth a first rounder'. Well he is really only worth what people will give up. If you are prepared to deal a first rounder, then Luke Hodge is available, a M/F who averaged close to 100, aged 29.Feel free to do so :) This offseason I have copped some criticism which I can handle(not that the above post is critical), but I think my forward thinking with list management will be shown to be the right decision for Powlett, as early as late this season.

16. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Sorry PRap, wasn't criticising, as I am in the exact same boat with Joey Montagna... just thinking that for this season, Chris god the good deal.

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

Bandit wrote:
    Sorry PRap, wasn't criticising, as I am in the exact same boat with Joey Montagna... just thinking that for this season, Chris god the good deal. All good Bandit, I didn't take it as critical. It was more of a preemptive post as I have more deals to come. I am revamping, and some trades may seem bad, but I need to trade for youth now and I will take the best I can get. I may even not win a game this season :) But I'd rather blood young guys and come last and be an elite team in 4 seasons, than finish 8-10th for 4 seasons. I'll stop spamming trade thread now :)

18. chris88

You absolutely need to think 3-4 steps ahead in this type of keeper league. Right now I have inherited a team in a TS NBA Fantasy keeper league which was an absolute nightmare - in three weeks I've traded 12 or my 14 original players away, picked up injured players, questionable players, etc etc. No good for this season, but all of a sudden I have 4-5 good keepers for next year and the ability to pick up more when draft time comes. These trades make very little sense now, but at the start of next season - they'll make a heap of sense. I'll have some good young players and will be able to splash out on some more in the upcoming auction draft because my budget has been kept to a minimum. Similar with Raptor here - you have to look at a series of deals in their totality and then weigh them up in the context of the direction the team is trying to travel. My logic for pursuing Goddard was that all my mids bar Harvey and Cornes are kids. And some unproven kids at that - Tyson, Coniglio, etc. I needed another player to take the heat for a year or two, score well and allow the kids to develop. That's probably around the mark for a second rounder. In one sense it is a stop-gap and Raptor has got a good deal (with the ability to pick a young guy who'll play for 10+ years and score well. In another sense Goddard is a steal because of instant impact. Guess it is all about context. All I know is that my Picks 42 and 46 have become utterly pivotal in the upcoming draft - there's a few guys that'll be around at Pick 12 that I'd be happy with, but I'll really need to do my homework for the picks in the 40s and (now) in the 60s.

19. Len

Per the auction thread,Marble Bar send Tom Nicholls to Charlie's Opening in return for pick 16 and Paparone.
    Will update the playing and draft lists when I get back to Oz and have access to the sheets...

20. Len

Marble Bar & Charlie's Opening have reached an agreement which sees Marble Bar send its 2nd round pick # 36 to Charlie's Opening in exchange for Jarrad Redden