2014 Pre-Season Completed trades

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I feel a bit like a Maoiri with a certain treaty. What is written doesn't often come to into play. I thought that it was a great deal and now you're pulling they old typo trick. Very well then, no deal. When I was in your fair land, I visited Springfield on the South island. It happens to be the first Springfield on the planet to see a sunrise. Therefore the people who made the Simpsons movie decided to hold the world premiere of the film at the community hall (it's so small they don't have a cinema). The reason I mention this is, to paraphrase Mr Burns.....You have made a powerful enemy today, my friend.

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I won't split hairs with you chels, otherwise we shall both be bereft. Notable absence of a slab of silverside on the table - might have to change watering holes, or was it not the season? Not to be outdone, there was a much lower profile/finer wines ORFFA gathering in the land of smiles, around about the same time: /Portals/0/User%20Images/dad092a.jpg

3. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    I won't split hairs with you chels, otherwise we shall both be bereft. Notable absence of a slab of silverside on the table - might have to change watering holes, or was it not the season? Not to be outdone, there was a much lower profile/finer wines ORFFA gathering in the land of smiles, around about the same time: /Portals/0/User%20Images/dad092a.jpg you two look positively effervescent. Lol.

4. graeme

graeme Guest

None of the four fine ORFFANs pictured to date seem to be strangers to alcohol or to have recently enrolled for a Jenny Craig course. Fourteen images to come amigos, don't keep us in suspense.

5. J_C

J_C Guest

chels wrote:
    None of the four fine ORFFANs pictured to date seem to be strangers to alcohol or to have recently enrolled for a Jenny Craig course. Fourteen images to come amigos, don't keep us in suspense. In lieu of a picture, hopefully the following will suffice. When my son sees a picture of Homer Simpson, he points at it and says 'there's Daddy'. :)

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Hahahaha...........loving the mug shots, what a gangly mob of orffans we are. Suggest we create a thread of Mug Shots for all to paste

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Nunnawading and Gariwerd have agreed on a trade. Nunna sends 2014 PSD pick #14 to Gariwerd, in exchange for 2014 PSD pick 35 and Colin Sylvia. I think that will be my last trade this trade period.

8. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

dmandrews wrote:
    jimbowan wrote:
    Thought I would shake things up a bit round here ;-) Been sorta quiet! :) Mission well and truly accomplished then Jim. It will be interesting to see the impact today's trades have on ChiefRussell's odds. Whilst the addittions by Iron Knobof Hodge, A Goodes and S Burgoyne clearly strengthens the chances of a 2014 ORFFA Premiership theyare still very well placed for the future,most of the Codpieces best 15 are under 28 so they could be set for a lengthy stay in the top four. Iron Knob - $1.30 In short, despite all the moves from the top 5, everyone is playing for second now. Well done Jim, cashed in on the ridiculous fire selling going on. Must say, while it is only one mans opinion, I find the strategy of some coaches hard to fathom. Actually, correct that, I understand the strategy, but think it might not have been done that well. Prepared to be proven wrong, but there is playing the long game and there is this. I'll be the first to congratulate if it is pulled off. well done again Jim. Best trades I have seen as you have given up absolutely nothing to get 3 players who are arguably best 15 (or at least 18) in what was already the premiership favourite.

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I am not as overwhelmed by these trades as you guys tbh, I can only see them adding 20 to 30 pts per week at the most to Jim's side, what they do give though is the depth he was previously lacking. As Dean has said he has a wide window to utilise them in. I am agreement with CR on the tactics in play by some coaches, teams that were nowhere near the bottom & had decent prospects for the foreseeable future appear to have thrown baby out with the bathwater. Once the Bar start reaching finals we will be intently focussed on Geelong's model, not St Kilda's. I do think there are still 4 genuine chances this year, IK, FB, CO and MtB all should be challenging for top spot & key injuries or form slumps/jumps can play any part in the outcome yet.

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

A deadline day deal has been passed between Venus Bay and Gariwerd, involving no players though. Venus Bay collect picks 27 and 28, trading away their first round pick 13, and pick 64. Gariwerd now have picks 12, 13, 14 which is incredible. Venus Bay have been looking to get a few picks in the 20-40 region and are quite happy with the deal as is Gariwerd.

11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

[span style='color: #555555;]In a minor deal Cradle Mountain have traded their PSD pick 79 and fourth round MSD pick to Darraweit in exchange for the Guim's third round MSD pick.

12. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga and Gariwerd have struck a late deal. Wagga Wagga trade picks 9 and 31 for picks 13 and 21 in the upcoming PSD.

13. anthak

Ahh, thanks Lenny :) An hour before deadline, I was negotiating with 3 diff people. This was one of the trades. with 25 min left now, I'm still hopeful for 2 more, but I think the other parties have gone to sleep or something haha

14. grav

grav Guest

1 min to go, Larrikin send M Evans to Gariwerd for pick 64

15. Len

Cutting it fine to be sure :) Will start a delist thread very shortly with the numbers people have to cut..

16. anthak

Good on ya Len. Thanks for that. and thanks to Grav :) The deal that went down 30sec before the deadline wasn't actually one of the 3 I mentioned earlier that I was negotiating an hour before deadline. Gravenger actually responded to a msg I'd sent earlier this evening with less than 5 min to go. Turned out to be just in time :)

17. graeme

graeme Guest

'I do think there are still 4 genuine chances this year, IK, FB, CO and MtB all should be challenging for top spot & key injuries or form slumps/jumps can play any part in the outcome yet.'
    Thank you Len for providing the material for my round 4 pre-game team talk - saves me from having to gee up the Incorrigibles for that game.

18. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Len wrote:

I do think there are still 4 genuine chances this year, IK, FB, CO and MtB all should be challenging for top spot & key injuries or form slumps/jumps can play any part in the outcome yet. As a noted comedian once said: 'No respect I tell ya; no regard either.'

19. Len

@ chels & Chris, pleased to be of service, my motivational speaking service comes at a very small cost if interested :)

20. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Len wrote:
    @ chels & Chris, pleased to be of service, my motivational speaking service comes at a very small cost if interested :) He he he