2014 Pre-season Draft Delist thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Feb 24, 2014.

1. snoz

snoz Moderator

.......and the axe swings, dead grasshoppers everywhere. Van Berlo Mid Tim Sumner Fwd Nick Hayes Fwd Tyson Goldsack Def Sam Dunnell Mid Blayne Wilson Def Jackson Paine Fwd (Only 22 little hoppers left) ** Len: Great idea.....subscribe to the thread!! ALL make sure that when Len creates the 2014 Orffa Pre Season Draft thread tomorrow that we all subscribe to it.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Gariwerd delists: Karmichael Hunt Ben Stratton and there may be one or two more, but I wanted to get at least these 2 up now.

3. anthak

Len wrote:
    5 hoppers, 2 cockies, a devil and battler, and we are done... You're not suggesting devils are Ugly are you?

4. anthak

anthak wrote:
    Len wrote:
    5 hoppers, 2 cockies, a devil and battler, and we are done... You're not suggesting devils are Ugly are you? Now that I think more about it, I'm not sure why one would even consider you may have :)

5. anthak

anthak wrote:
    Gariwerd delists: Karmichael Hunt Ben Stratton and there may be one or two more, but I wanted to get at least these 2 up now. Ive decided to delist two more. Sam Blease Shaun McKernan.

6. anthak

Apologies to those who showed an interest in Stratton during the recent trade periods. If I had have known I would be delisting him, I would have been more willing to trade him. I didn't make the decision until today.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    Len wrote:
    5 hoppers, 2 cockies, a devil and battler, and we are done... You're not suggesting devils are Ugly are you? Now that I think more about it, I'm not sure why one would even consider you may have :) Specifically me either, but then I have certainly known some ugly devils :)

8. J_C

J_C Guest

Birdsville delist Ash McGrath. That's the required amount taken care of, but there may be others before the deadline.

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Fitzy wrote:
    Venus Bay will be delisting the following - Zac Dawson - Ted Richards - Jared Petrenko With the possibility of a second delisting... Second delisting Results on a hamstring show a tear in the hamstring, resulting in 12 weeks out. - Scott Gumbleton Scott is now off the Venus Bay list, cutting our list down to 21. Busy draft coming up for the Vultures!

10. graeme

graeme Guest

The Waikik Match Committee would like to thank Brent Staker for his top quality performances last year. Brent understands that 'a lame duck has no place on a pig hunt' - seriously that's what the deputy chairman said! The playing group looks forward to seeing the five who will join the tight knit community.

11. Len

The Misfits have parted company with Sam Butler, his name has been deemed too subservient and not suitable for a Misfit. Odd, but true, and really I have drafted people for stupider reasons....

12. J_C

J_C Guest

Birdsville have also delisted Matt Jones and Jordan Lisle.

13. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Just as a note - and a question - here's a list of players: Jobe Watson, Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne, Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton. All of these gents have been named as having told ASADA they believe they've taken banned substances. Firstly - given this news, is there a way that we should allow the managers of teams who feature these players to consider delistments? Secondly - what is our approach if these guys get rubbed out - is it a matter of 'well, them's the breaks'?

14. Len

Draft will proceed as normal for now, kicking off after 12 tomorrow with sNoZ.
    The Essendon issue might be resolved this week, or next month or this year, but until we have outcomes it's impossible to manage impact for mine.
    On that, if Jobe Watson is delisted whatever I was taking at 2 is nowavailablefor someone else :)

As for the 'how do we deal with it', it's a fair question Chris but one that needs Terry, needs some facts and time to flesh out.. None of which we have right now, Terry is offline until Monday and I don't believe we would deal with it in a framework that involved this draft, maybes is all I can see. For what it's worth, stiffus shituss would be my response, and I have a few of them, I brought them in knowing the risk. Will work on getting the draft threads up now, smooth work on the delists guys, great stuff.

15. anthak

chris88 wrote:
    Just as a note - and a question - here's a list of players: Jobe Watson, Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne, Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton. All of these gents have been named as having told ASADA they believe they've taken banned substances. Firstly - given this news, is there a way that we should allow the managers of teams who feature these players to consider delistments? Secondly - what is our approach if these guys get rubbed out - is it a matter of 'well, them's the breaks'? I don't believe anything special needs to be done. People can do what they want with their players. I just kept Tippett through a half-season ban for cheating. Jobe was recently traded away, and his value didn't seem high in the trade.

16. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

anthak wrote:
    chris88 wrote:
    Just as a note - and a question - here's a list of players: Jobe Watson, Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne, Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton. All of these gents have been named as having told ASADA they believe they've taken banned substances. Firstly - given this news, is there a way that we should allow the managers of teams who feature these players to consider delistments? Secondly - what is our approach if these guys get rubbed out - is it a matter of 'well, them's the breaks'? I don't believe anything special needs to be done. People can do what they want with their players. I just kept Tippett through a half-season ban for cheating. Jobe was recently traded away, and his value didn't seem high in the trade. Looking back on that trade I got the lower end of the deal, but Beams will be a gun in years to come, Jobe is ageing. I would think compensation picks would be the best thing to do for the health of the league, if the bans are for a time that means they need to delist them.

17. J_C

J_C Guest

chris88 wrote:
    Just as a note - and a question - here's a list of players: Jobe Watson, Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne, Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton. All of these gents have been named as having told ASADA they believe they've taken banned substances. Firstly - given this news, is there a way that we should allow the managers of teams who feature these players to consider delistments? Secondly - what is our approach if these guys get rubbed out - is it a matter of 'well, them's the breaks'? This has been a known risk for a while. You even gave us all a warning in this post, Chris. :) So people have had opportunities to do something about it if they wanted to, haven't they?

18. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Thanks for the responses everyone. I was interested in gauging the mood of the meeting, as it were. I'm not affected by it (so my interest from a Guim perspective is zero) but I guess I was looking at things from a league perspective.

19. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

If the Essendon players named above were to receive bans I would be heavily impacted as Cradle Mountain have two of these players, Dyson Heppelland Michael Hurley.I would view it in the same light as if these players received long-term injuries and would plan to keep bothDyson and Michael on the CMDlist until their bans were served.I don't think any compensation needs toawarded if an ORRFA coach delists an Essendon player who receives a ban.With the ORFFA clubs having 28 players on their list we are in a better position to cover any such bans than the clubs in the ORFFL and ORFFU who only have 26 players on their list.

20. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    Just as a note - and a question - here's a list of players: Jobe Watson, Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley, Tom Bellchambers, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking, Michael Hibberd, Kyle Hardingham, Tayte Pears and Alex Browne, Stewart Crameri, Scott Gumbleton. All of these gents have been named as having told ASADA they believe they've taken banned substances. Firstly - given this news, is there a way that we should allow the managers of teams who feature these players to consider delistments? Secondly - what is our approach if these guys get rubbed out - is it a matter of 'well, them's the breaks'? Coaches (and even sometimes managers) can consider delisting any players they like, from any club that they like. Look at the Chooks recent delistment of Selwood and Arbtel. Secondly, 'well, them's the breaks'. Personally, tink it may not happen, but that's the rewards for picking Essendon players + Angus Monfries. Watson will go huge this year. Or should I say, marginally better than ever?