2014 Trading Games

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Lol, can't believe I forgot to add Swallow. :facepalm: Happy with what's suggested. Laidler can move into Langdon easy enough. Hopefully Seedsman is a while coming back. If we have to have Martin then moving Tyson into him shouldn't cost too much.

2. NSD

NSD New Member

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    warsaken wrote:
    Another idea I had was that the reigning champ picks the following years team, but sorry I've forgotten who won last year. i think it was NSD/Chasing Birdies narrowly but soemone shoud probably check last years thread if need be Chasing birdies is back! I can't remember myself if I got up or was pipped at the post! Either way, big fan of this and happy to start with whatever team you guys decide!

3. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    anthak wrote:
    port_leschenault wrote:
    How about:

DEF: Mitchell*, Shaw, Hurn*, Guthrie*, McDonald*, Laidler*, Georgiou*
    MID: Ablett*, Rockliff*, Liberatore, Beams, Thomas*, Tyson*, Michie*, Polec*, Ellis, Dunstan*
    RUC: Lobbe*, Sandi*, Derickx*, Thurlow*
    FWD: Dangerfield*, Martin*, Dixon, Caddy*, Daniher*, JKH, Rohan*, Impey*.

* denotes common players

That's 24 players in common (so more than last time), I don't think it's completely perfect but it fills all the criteria.

<ul> <li> Patton goes for JKH (he's a must and he or Rohan will score just as much as Patton)</li> <li>Johnson then moves into Shaw to get the GWS player in (risk you wouldn't take with your normal team but it's not like the ball isn't going to be down that end).</li> <li>Not sure how you can leave out Ellis either? Easily one of the top mid rookies. Him in for Crouch.</li> <li>If Swan goes into Beams, then with spare cash Macrae (too awkwardly priced imo) can go back into Libber.</li> <li>Then just upgrade Pav to Dixon (I don't really mind having Dixon if others want R/F)</li> <li>$22,000 Spare cash.</li> </ul> How about we just lock in this team. It will do :) + 1 (obviously, rookie selection dependent) I think there's enough unusual/uncommon selections (Shaw, Guthrie, Rockliff, Thomas, Dixon, Daniher) to allow room to move for those coaches with itchy trade fingers. We only have until Friday to get the team sorted, (yes, I know only Coll and Freo are actually locked in) as we need a full team to be included in a league. Then we can scramble around chasing the best, selected rookies through next week. This team looks like a lock. I think it's been agreed by all that this will do with final rookie changes this Thursday (ready for 10am Friday morning lock in). With no adelaide or geelong rooks, means that it can be reassessed on Thursday night, and ready for another Friday 10am lock next Friday. Two lock times only so there are no excuses for people not having the right start team. Done.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

BrockyFreo wrote:
    I think it's been agreed by all that this will do with final rookie changes this Thursday (ready for 10am Friday morning lock in). With no adelaide or geelong rooks, means that it can be reassessed on Thursday night, and ready for another Friday 10am lock next Friday. Two lock times only so there are no excuses for people not having the right start team. Done. yeah, Wars PMed me suggesting he would get in here and post final team tonight. No more changes after that 'til next week :)

5. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

anthak wrote:
    yeah, Wars PMed me suggesting he would get in here and post final team tonight. No more changes after that 'til next week :)
    That I shall do!!

6. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

OK, team has notchanged. <strong style='color: #000000; background-color: #f1f1f1;]DEF:[span style='color: #00b050;]Mitchell,[span style='color: #ff0000;]HShaw,[span style='color: #00b050;]Hurn,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Swallow,[span style='color: #00b050;]Guthrie,[span style='color: #00b050;]McDonald,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Laidler,[span style='color: #00b050;]Georgiou
    MID:[span style='color: #ff0000;]Ablett,[span style='color: #00b050;]Rockliff,[span style='color: #00b050;]Liberatore,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Beams,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Thomas,[span style='color: #00b050;]Tyson,[span style='color: #00b050;]Michie,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Polec,[span style='color: #00b050;]Ellis,[span style='color: #00b050;]Dunstan
    RUC:[span style='color: #ff0000;]Lobbe,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Sandi,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Derickx,[span style='color: #00b050;]Thurlow
    FWD:[span style='color: #00b050;]Dangerfield,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Martin,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Dixon,[span style='color: #00b050;]Caddy,[span style='color: #00b050;]Daniher,[span style='color: #00b050;]JKH,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Rohan,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Impey.[/b] <strong style='color: #000000; background-color: #f1f1f1;]
    [/b] [span style='color: #000000; background-color: #f1f1f1;]Only Derickx not named, with Impey on an extended bench. [span style='color: #000000; background-color: #f1f1f1;]
    [span style='background-color: #f1f1f1; font-size: 32px; color: #7030a0; text-decoration: underline;]Make sure your team looks like this before lockout tomorrow! [span style='background-color: #f1f1f1; font-size: 16px; color: #000000;](You can have whoever you like on the benches/Capt/VC etc, from this team)

7. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

warsaken wrote:
    <strong style='color: #333333;]1. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED[/b][span style='font-family: inherit; font-size: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; line-height: inherit; color: #333333;]for the The Herald Sun Nissan SuperCoach Competition, simply click the following link (you may need to login): http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=179012 color: #333333;] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <em style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;](Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you'll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the five head-to head leagues of 18, in which you may continue to participate as usual). color: #333333;]<br style='color: #333333;[/img] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <strong style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;]2. If you have NOT YET REGISTERED,[/b] color: #333333;]simply click on the link below and fill in the registration form as usual:<br style='color: #333333;[/img] http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=register&group_code=179012 color: #333333;] <br style='color: #333333;[/img] <em style='color: #333333; background-color: #ffffff;](On successful registration, you'll automatically be added to this Group. Simply look for the 'GROUP' tab in the nav of your Leagues page). For anyone still looking to join.

8. Fred

Fred Guest

Count me in. Team name Fred Bare.

9. furry scot

furry scot Guest

Emms trading games also in, always enjoyed the sound of this concept.

10. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

am I correect that if you are keen to enter but pushed for time or finiding it diffcult to get into the site durign the day this would be the best way to enter at the last minute?? 1 - set up a team with WESTERN BULLDOGS (or another week 2 team) as autopicked players, then 2- replace your most expensive mid with BEAMS and one of your rucks with SANDY then 3 - login later (ie after tonights game starts but before the 440pm Sat game starts) when you have more time and get the rest of the team set up per the above

11. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    am I correect that if you are keen to enter but pushed for time or finiding it diffcult to get into the site durign the day this would be the best way to enter at the last minute?? 1 - set up a team with WESTERN BULLDOGS (or another week 2 team) as autopicked players, then 2- replace your most expensive mid with BEAMS and one of your rucks with SANDY then 3 - login later (ie after tonights game starts but before the 440pm Sat game starts) when you have more time and get the rest of the team set up per the above Yeah that *should* work.

12. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

warsaken wrote:
    OK, team has notchanged. <strong style='color: #000000; background-color: #f1f1f1;]DEF:[span style='color: #00b050;]Mitchell,[span style='color: #ff0000;]HShaw,[span style='color: #00b050;]Hurn,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Swallow,[span style='color: #00b050;]Guthrie,[span style='color: #00b050;]McDonald,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Laidler,[span style='color: #00b050;]Georgiou
    MID:[span style='color: #ff0000;]Ablett,[span style='color: #00b050;]Rockliff,[span style='color: #00b050;]Liberatore,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Beams,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Thomas,[span style='color: #00b050;]Tyson,[span style='color: #00b050;]Michie,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Polec,[span style='color: #00b050;]Ellis,[span style='color: #00b050;]Dunstan
    RUC:[span style='color: #ff0000;]Lobbe,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Sandi,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Derickx,[span style='color: #00b050;]Thurlow
    FWD:[span style='color: #00b050;]Dangerfield,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Martin,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Dixon,[span style='color: #00b050;]Caddy,[span style='color: #00b050;]Daniher,[span style='color: #00b050;]JKH,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Rohan,[span style='color: #ff0000;]Impey.[/b] OK, Danger, Caddy, Guthrie all named on the field. No changes to team as expected. Once full teams are out tomorrow I'll lock in the team so evryone can have it ready before Fridays game.

13. TheTassieHawk

the TS Knockout is open to anyone playing Trading Games, remember enter your own team first if you haven't already, then enter your brother/sister/mum/dad/girlfirends team after that (just make it clear in the blog if you are enterign a TG team) entry is by 12 noon Monday 24th March, via:- http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/P... Cheers TTH

14. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

No changes to the team. Everyone named except for Thurlow, but there is no real replacement for him anyway.

15. anthak

warsaken wrote:
    No changes to the team. Everyone named except for Thurlow, but there is no real replacement for him anyway. Excellent. All locked in then :)

16. anthak

http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/Post/6852/Default.aspx

17. anthak

Looks like the best possible score we could've got was 2214. anyone get close?

18. NSD

NSD New Member

No where near it for me! Made a complete balls up of the captain loophole first weekend of round 1. Gaz VC and no playing donuts week 2 so went libba captain.. Disaster!

19. TheTassieHawk

Hey guys i havextended the closing time for the ts knocjout until tonight around 6pm so feel free to enter your TG team and regaular Sc team if you havent already the blog where you enter is on the front page <br/> <br/>Cheers <br/>Tth

20. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Can whoever started the group kick people out? there are some in there that haven't chosen the right starting team (Crowchanps Paulj for example). Would be good if we can have that board be only Trading Game teams. Gratz to BigGuns! 13points clear from the pack!