2014 Trading Games

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

It isn't giving me an option to remove anyone from the group. I'll send off an email to see if they can remedy that. I'll go through each team and check they have/haven't got the right team. I'll remove any that don't have the right team when/if i can.

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Teams that have not entered correctly: Crowchamps (paul j) Nudgey Smugglers (niraj d) Everyone else got their team in ok. So anyone tempted to kick off with their first trade!?!

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

warsaken wrote:
    Teams that have not entered correctly: Crowchamps (paul j) Nudgey Smugglers (niraj d) Everyone else got their team in ok. So anyone tempted to kick off with their first trade!?! 100% will be trading twice this week, the trick will be selecting the right spuds :)

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Trying to work out the best timing of trades... It's only round 1, but there's obviously some considerations of mid-pricers performing at cost, rather than being good value (Daisy, Guthrie, Lobbe) and some rookies we don't have (Langdon, Langford etc) scoring at least as well, if not better. The question is, do we pull the trigger this week to]maximise our chances by using 4 trades over the cost-free, first 2 weeks, ]or do we give a second chance for players to score big? Concerns for me are certainly the fact that Dixon only scored 22 in more than a half and didn't even look at the ruck and Daisy doesn't look like he can kick over a jam tin. Whilst they may increase in price over time, rookies will score similarly, free up cash and generate income faster. No-brainer for me. I've never been a mid-pricer fan so I'll probably bin Daisy and Guthrie and give Dixon one more week. The sword of Damocles will be hanging over his head though, with a pile of cash from the downgrades ready to go! Or am I just posing a bunch of ideas to mess with everyone else and then do something completely different! Not even I know!

5. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I think the llamas will definitely be trading this week. Already 108 pts behind! Damn VC stuck on GAJ last week with no loophole options, so had to throw the C on Mitchell.

6. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

The Tornados are not making any trades yet... that comes later.

7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'd planned to trade Daisy out, but ran out of time today. I still did 2 trades this evening. Daisy will be next week haha, unless he does well this game.

8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, I ditched Thomas. Not sure if it was a good trade or not yet.

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Dixon- OUT, LeCras- IN Moxtway has high standards and that 22 seemed to have cost Dixon his spot... he's also named LeCras captain. He must think Melbourne = goals for good FWDs.

10. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Guthrie and Thomas out. Langford and Langdon in. $440k in the kitty.

11. anthak

Man, I'm not off to a great start here. Im struggling to find time even for my own team this season so far, so not much time has been allocated here so far :( First, I forgot to trade out Daisy, but he scored ok anyway. Then, just now, when Cyril kicked the winning goal, I logged in quickly to check if I'd traded him in as I'd initially planned to in my head during the week. But I hadn't. I traded Dixon to Wingard instead. Wingard should go alright, so I'm not too fazed, but Cyril should score well tonight. I forgot all about him cause I was rushed when I did the trade and just ranked available players by points scored in r1. Of course Rioli was not on the list :(

12. anthak

http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/Post/6890/TS-Trading-Games-Round-1-review

13. furry scot

furry scot Guest

Well Emms Traders had hoped to hold on to some trades for a bit, but, round 1 Guthrie and Thomas gone, in comes Langdon and Deledio and no cash. Round 2 is looking likely to be out Hurn and Dixon incoming Jaensch and Zorko and 220K. Might just carry S Mitchell for a bit if niggle minor and try and go for a few weeks without any further trades till upgrade time, having said that the league is called trading games and I may not be able to hold the finger back from that trade button.

14. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

It would be great if everyone reported their trades here or in the blog each week.

15. anthak

TS kahtnA Round 1 Rockliffe --> Langdon Dixon --> Wingard

16. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

LTK: Still looking to be aggressive, so dead wood is getting the chop. Dixon out is an easy one. I'm looking at Zorko in at this stage, although tossing up with Wingard. I probably want to end up with both, so the financial timing works better with Zorko coming in this week. My other problem is the backline. Mitchell is supposed to be returning, so Laidler (selection), Hurn (knee) and Shaw (spud) being the remaining problems. With Hurn's price going to remain static, I'm thinking about targeting my other problems. Currently, I'm thinking of putting the 'x' on Shaw and bringing in a premo. If Laidler AND Mitchell are not selected, I have the cash from last week to upgrade Laidler. Decisions, decisions!

17. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Thomas to Wines & Guthrie to Langdon last week. Will be another double trade this week, Hurn for sure, probably a rookie correction as the other..

18. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Hurn Out, May In Some money left over for a trade tomorrow.

19. anthak

I went: Rohan & Guthrie to Zorko & Marc Murphy i had Laidler set up for def em loophole with Hurn there to activate him if need be... But then I forgot that was the plan and swapped him onfield today after it was announced he wasn't sub. I hope Georgiou scores less than him :)

20. anthak

Zorko not doing well :( Making matters worse is Rockliffe is the Lions' best player and it was $$$ made from trading him out that allowed me to get Zorko.