2014 Trading Games

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Rohan -> Ambrose and Dixon -> Zorko i still have plenty of cash to spend next week, but not sure where!

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Llamas trades so far: R2 - Dixon>Zorko R3 - Rohan > Ambrose & Hurn > Langdon Looking at uping one of caddy/daniher/guthrie to a prem this week.Heck maybe even JKH.

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Thomas to Wines & Guthrie to Langdon last week. Will be another double trade this week, Hurn for sure, probably a rookie correction as the other.. Last week went Dixon to Reiwoldt and Hurn to Hanley. This week Caddy and Lobbe are in the sights..

4. furry scot

furry scot Guest

round 1 Guthrie and Thomas gone, in comes Langdon and Deledio Round 2 out Hurn and Dixon in Jaensch and Zorko. Round 3 out Michie in L Taylor
    Possibly another couple of correctives brewing before proper upgrade time, it's a bit of a worry.
    :)

5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Lobbe Out, Hickey In Rohan Out, Zorko Shifted to FWD, Langdon In Building up a big upgrade fund: $~184K now

6. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Culling the deadwood this week... Hurn -> Hanley & Michie -> J. Kelly Can I also put out a request to all TG players to share their trades? It can be after the round if you want yo keep things under your hat, but the whole idea of Trading Games is to learn which ideas/strategies work best. Will the teams that go after the premos finish the season on top, or will they run out of puff (and $$$) later in the season and get run down by the coaches who go for the gun rookies at the start of the season and sacrifice early points?

7. Len

My first gamble this week, Lobbe to Hampson and Caddy to Breust

8. J_C

J_C Guest

Mad_Mattigan wrote:
    Culling the deadwood this week... Hurn -> Hanley & Michie -> J. Kelly Can I also put out a request to all TG players to share their trades? Sure mate. Here are mine to this point. R2 - Daisy to Langdon R3 - Dixon to Zorko, Guthrie to SMurph R4 - Hurn to Hanley (so far)

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

This week I went Hurn to Suckling. Good. then, with less than 5 min before the Geelong game, I traded Caddy to TMitchell. I was out for dinner with my family at a restaurant. I was on my phone trying to do the trade before the game started. Our food came out and everyone started eating, but I was still on my phone trying to get the trade done! Haha. I had just traded Caddy to Gunstan in my own team, and planned to do the same with this team, but then I saw TMitch available and grabbed him without much thought. I didn't check breakevens... And still haven't... But no doubt it was a bad trade and his price will drop further. Anyway, hopefully he starts performing and it won't matter much.

10. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

warsaken wrote:
    Teams that have not entered correctly: Crowchamps (paul j) Nudgey Smugglers (niraj d) Everyone else got their team in ok. So anyone tempted to kick off with their first trade!?! I've removed these two teams from the group.

11. anthak

Also this week, I had the bench loophole set up with Lobbe. When he scored just 78 I was in such two minds whether to take it or not. I ended up taking a risk on Derricx, ]hoping hewould score more. As y'all would know, he scored about 40 pts less :(

12. furry scot

furry scot Guest

Round 1 Guthrie and Thomas gone, in comes Langdon and Deledio <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff;]]Round 2 out Hurn and Dixon in Jaensch and Zorko. <p style='color: #000000; background-color: #ffffff;]Round 3 out Michie in L Taylor Round 4 out Rohan and Caddy in comes Crouch (Taylor swings forward) and Parker 7 trades gone some success and Deledio a bit less so

13. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

[span style='font-size: 18px; color: #ff0000;]The Top 10 after Round 5. [​IMG] <div>Looks like buzz has done very well to jump out to a handy lead.

14. Len

:) My daughter's nickname at work is 'The Bulldog', I am sure she will see 130 points as jumpable hurdle, unfortunately for her, my nickname in SC is 'Almost'...

15. furry scot

furry scot Guest

This weeks trades Danniher and Tyson gone in comes S Lloyd and M Murphy. 21 trades left and 126K in the kitty and I really wish that Deledio would get up off his deathbed, it's getting old now. When he comes back he better go gangbusters! So how is everybody else doing? for me it's been trading games by name and by nature.

16. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Daniher & Ellis gone from the llamas this week. Team is nicely set up for the byes - 9/9/12

17. Len

Ellis & Michie out, Robertson and Billings in

18. furry scot

furry scot Guest

Last weeks trades were Ellis and Dunstan out and O'Rourke and Dahlhaus in with Taylor swinging to mids. i look at my squad and this week ain't looking pretty, I think there may be a fair bit of donut action around this weekend coming. It had all been going so well!

19. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Finally pulled out a decent round myself this round... 2358 (which was 200 more than my 'main' team!) which was the highest for the Trading Games group (beating BuzzII by 4). Burning through the trades at an alarming rate, but I'm going aggressive and trying to lock the majority of my team down ASAP. Pretty happy with the McDonald trade I must say! My trades so far have been: <table class='table table-condensed table-data] <th colspan='2]ROUND 7 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Fasolo ($332,700) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Dahlhaus ($460,800)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]McDonald ($315,000) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Hibberd ($525,100)
    <th colspan='2] ROUND 6 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Tyson ($325,100) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Kennedy ($573,500)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Daniher ($299,600) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Lloyd ($117,300)
    <th colspan='2] ROUND 5 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Caddy ($307,900) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Fasolo ($213,600)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Hanley ($515,000) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Selwood ($665,100)
    <th colspan='2] ROUND 4 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Michie ($172,600) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Kelly ($212,300)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Hurn ($472,000) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Hanley ($525,000)
    <th colspan='2] ROUND 3 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Rohan ($176,200) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Ambrose ($102,400)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Dixon ($487,900) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Zorko ($447,200)
    <th colspan='2] ROUND 2 </th>
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Thomas ($341,800) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Langdon ($117,300)
    <td class='text-left' style='text-align: left;][span class='player-traded-out]OUT [span class='pull-right]Guthrie ($317,900) <td class='text-right' style='text-align: left;][span class='pull-left player-traded-in]IN [span class='pull-right]Langford ($123,900)

20. anthak

Here's mine. Not fantastic thus far... Round 2: <div>Out: Rockliffe & Dixon <div>In: Wingard & Langdon <div>
    <div>Round 3:
    ]Out: Rohan & Guthrie
    ]In: Zorko & MMurphy
    ]

]Round 4: <div>Out: Caddy & Hurn <div>In: TMitchell & Suckling <div>
    <div>Round 5: <div>Out: Michie <div>In: Crouch <div>
    <div>Round 6: <div>Out: Tyson & Ellis <div>In: Griffen & Lloyd <div>
    <div>Round 7: <div>Out: Daniher & Dunstan <div>In: Rioli & Hallahan <div>
    <div>
    <div> <div> <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;] <div> <div> <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;] <div>
    ] <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;] <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;] <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;] <table class='table table-condensed table-data' style='width: 320px; border: 1px solid #c0c0c0; border-spacing: 0px;]