2015-16 KFC T20 Big Bash League Fantasy

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Bearfly, Dec 14, 2015.

By Bearfly on Dec 14, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

BBL 05 is almost upon us and that gives us a chance to fill the fantasy void.

The fifth incarnation of the 'city franchise' competition in Australia kicks off this coming Thursday evening, 17th December, at 7:40pm AEDT, so if you want to take part then you only have less than 3 days to enter!!!

TS leagues ready to be populated are:

TOOSERIOUS BBL05 (980484) - FULL

WAAAAY2SERIOUS (812852) - FULL

TS BIG BASHERS (906822) - FULL

TS LAST MINUTE (800716) - FULL

TS LATE COMERS (684735)

Initial 3 leagues now full, plus TS LAST MINUTE is full, so one more up and running for the late, late comers.

So jump on in and have a bash - and of course, if you have a league of your own you want to fill then add it to the comments.
    LESS THAN 12 HOURS TO GO - JUMP IN NOW TO GRAB THOSE LAST 2 SPOTS!!!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Bearfly, Dec 14, 2015.

1. thokash
      thokash
      Nice work Bear! I ran out of time to organise something this year.

There's money prizes for the top finishing league so everyone get on board and help each other out.
    2. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I know what it's like Kash, been pretty much flat out with studies myself.
      Only reason I entered a team was because of a reminder from someone in a sports card collectors community i'm in (OzCardTrader), entered in a league set up by a member from there and it so happens last year's winner is in it, along with a few other top10 finishers from the past couple of years!!!
      Thought I should get some TS leagues ready and put up a post on the blog.
      Hoping to get a few strong leagues together for the 05 version of BBL, especially with the carrot of prizemoney for top league being dangled in front of us!!!
    3. anthak
      anthak
      no void here! more fantasy than during footy season hehe

4. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Yeah Ant, all you NBA fantasy players would never have a void during AFL off-season.
      Actually, when AFL fantasy games start again it would be a bit more like a rest period wouldn't it??? :p
    5. Len
      Len
      League 1 is full the other two have 4 and 5 spots left respectively
    6. Tomster
      Tomster
      Tooserious BBL05 is full, other leagues still have places.

Just a tip for anyone entering - make sure you look at the double game weeks. You can make so many points each week simply by having lots of players that play two games. Stars, Thunder and Sixers have double games in the first round
    7. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Oh geez, they've changed it all up. Not sure I like it with the all rounders now basically dpp.

Joined the last league, the first two were full.

Good luck all.
    8. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Have to agree with you there about the changes, really don't like them at all, preferred the old format of 4 batsmen/2 all-rounders/1 keeper/4 bowlers/1 emergency each line much better.

Also, am very disappointed that FoxSports haven't got their BBL comp running this season - managed a top 100 finish in it last season (including a top 10 round) and was really looking forward to having another go this season :(
    9. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Beware loading up too much with some of the first round 'double game' players though, you only have limited trades between each round and you don't want to be stuck with too many players who have a double game round followed by a bye!!!

As always, check the full fixture when selecting your initial team - and keep in mind that prices change each game rather than waiting for a players third game!!!
    10. leematty
      leematty
      Been a bit slack and only just working on team. U fortunately the leagues are full and couldn't join.

Time to win it this year after being robbed victory with the washed out game and ended up 6th overall.
    11. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      New one just set up for the late comers :)
    12. leematty
    13. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Only 3 spots left in TS LATE COMERS with just over half hour left to game time - jump in while you can
    14. thokash
      thokash
      Got in late tonight, can anyone tell me why Watto didn't open and why O'Keefe wasn't picked? Was it because Lyon was available for this match?

No disaster as Watto was VC and O'Keefe on my bench.
    15. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Yeah Kashman, am pretty sure SOK was left out due to availability of Lyon, but after this weekend Lyon won't be available so SOK should slot straight back in.
      Looking at the massive batting collapse by Sixers, I can't see them being much chop in the comp - can't believe the bookies had them as favourites in this game considering the plethora of talent the Thunder have got!!!
    16. leematty
      leematty
      Okeefe has a calf injury and was never in the 13 man squad. Will play next game smith said.
    17. Tigger
      Tigger
      Does anyone know if Nathan Lyon is starting for the Sixers next games against Hobart?
    18. Tigger
    19. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Am pretty sure national selectors made Lyon available for both games this weekend, but in reality you can't count on any selections until not long before game time in this format