2015 Cricket World Cup Fantasy

Discussion in 'Blog' started by thokash, Feb 12, 2015.

By thokash on Feb 12, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Cricket is back! Thought it was over did you?

Sorry for the short notice as I've been away, but in less than 24 hours the 2015 Cricket World Cup will begin!

There's a couple of Fantasy competitions to go, notably:

Official Competition - League 37104
    Fox Competition - Classic League 5046-1081, H2H League 5046-1082

The Official Comp has some weird scoring and structures I'm going to have to try and wrap my head around today, the Fox is your bread and butter Fox competition.

I don't have too many tips at this stage, but again for some reason there's a bunch of BYEs and DGWs to take advantage of, starting with NZ DGW in Week 1.

Join up and let's have some fun!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by thokash, Feb 12, 2015.

1. Len
      Len
      Joined both the Fox ones, note that the '.' needs to be swapped for a '-' on entry..

Here's my squad, any feedback appreciated, only 10k spare.

Australia - David Warner
      New Zealand - Kane Williamson
      Australia - Steve Smith
      West Indies - Darren Bravo
      England - James Taylor
      Pakistan - Shahid Afridi
      Sri Lanka - Tillakaratne Dilshan
      India - MS Dhoni
      England - Stuart Broad
      West Indies - Jason Holder
      South Africa - Dale Steyn
      Twelfth Man
      India - Umesh Yadav
    2. thokash
      thokash
      Fixed the League codes, thanks for the heads up.

I'll post my team when I get it all in, but I'll drop some advice on yours.

Obviously like the Aus bats, Williamson in the form of his life. Unsure about Bravo, Taylor is a good pick England have a number of great value picks, I think I'll personally go with Ali and Finn.

Strong AR which are the foundation of a good team, I'd rather pick a WK that plays at the top of the order like Sangakkara.

Good bowling options, although I definitely wouldn't pick any of the Indians even though Yadav has talent - their bowling during the last series was woeful.

I would look at add a 2nd NZ player for their DGW, and personally I think the biggest value in the competition is Starc at 70k and was my first picked.
    3. Len
      Len
      Thanks mate, much appreciated, I'll have a look at some tweaking in line with those thoughts over lunch :)
    4. Zander
      Zander
      Joined up too. Looks to be interesting, although I still haven't got my head around the byes or what GDW means yet, but I still got a few hours to do that...
    5. Len
      Len
      DGW :) (Double Game Week)
      Means that a team will play twice in the game week due to the peculiarities of the draw, obviously this players have the chance to double the score of others for that game week so desirable to include ..
    6. Tomster
      Tomster
      Tried to jump in to the official comp, says pending request. I will say that fantasy cricket always has a very smooth layout and is much easier to use than the AFL equivalents
    7. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Missed the lockout for Fox comp, but joined the league in the official comp
    8. thokash
      thokash
      I've accepted all the pending requests (not sure why they do that)

Has anyone wrapped their head around the official comp yet? I just ended up choosing all players from todays matches then will try and work it out on the fly.
    9. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I like the official comp tbh - in tournament mode you pretty much pick your starting team and you can make substitutions before each individual match starts, but you only have a total of 42 subs in stage 1 (games 1 to 21), then another 42 subs in stage 2 (games 22 to 42). Then you get to make unlimited subs after stage 2 finishes, and have 18 subs during the 4 Quarter finals (stage 3), then unlimited subs after stage 3 finishes before having 10 subs available for the 2 semi finals and final (stage 4).
      I think the secret here will be to identify those few players from the weaker sides that could score well in games between each other - tbh i have no idea who's who in sides like UAE, Afghanistan, Ireland, Scotland, etc, and only know a few from Bangladesh, Zimbabwe, etc!!!

On top of tournament mode, you also have match mode where you can pick a side for each individual match during the tournament - however it forces you to pick a balanced side from both teams, so you can'tpick all players from a strong team versus a weak team.

Both modes won'tallow you to pick more than 6 players from a single team.

So Kashman, it looks like you'll be burning some subs early with your tournament side to get a side scoring for you regularly :)

The beauty with the official comp is they have prizes available for overall in tournament mode, as well as prizes for each stage, top league and top league manager, plus they have prizesfor the winner of each match mode game (although not cash prizes).
    10. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Joined up a couple of days ago. Been pending and missed about 3 or so matches without a power player but should give you a run for your money in smaller league here. Bendigo Bushwackers.