2015 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by Tomster, Jan 18, 2015.

1. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Tylo - are you the SF Bulls in our TS ORFFU SC league? If so, well done mate.. almost in top 100!

2. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

martyg wrote:
    Tylo - are you the SF Bulls in our TS ORFFU SC league? If so, well done mate.. almost in top 100! Marty, That'd be me. Is GAJ a must in the run home... decisions! Did we have a 2014 Team Thread? Trying to track number of games and am missing a few rounds.

3. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

tyze1 wrote:
    martyg wrote:
    Tylo - are you the SF Bulls in our TS ORFFU SC league? If so, well done mate.. almost in top 100! Marty, That'd be me. Is GAJ a must in the run home... decisions! Did we have a 2014 Team Thread? Trying to track number of games and am missing a few rounds. Mate no we didn't. Probably coz we all sucked last year. We have a few people that are high flying. I gave up after round 3 going for anything other than league wins. In ORFFU it is a fantastic comp with tough competition. GAJ has a breakeven of 119 so his price will stay pretty flat for the next little bit. I am 12k short in getting him in and may have to go Danger instead. I only have Cripps to upgrade and then I have 10 trades left for injuries. I think Ablett will be good from here on out and should come back as the Perma Captain. Pretty good timing considering Fyfe is stinking it up, albeit from a dodgy knee in the quad from Mitchell. How many trades left and how much $$ ??

4. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Holky - Forget to mention way back in round 4... congrats on taking back the 'battle of the bridge' trophy. Looks like I may lose all my silverware from 2014!

5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Did the double and got the Scotch n Coke Stein as well :D

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

HOLKY wrote:
    Did the double and got the Scotch n Coke Stein as well :D B@stard.

7. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

anyone else not get into their pm's? been trying for a few days now and bloody things wont load

8. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

insider wrote:
    anyone else not get into their pm's? been trying for a few days now and bloody things wont load Been able to load ok and send/receive in the passed couple of days. Trading is the only thing the Buffaloes get to look forward to at this time of the ORFFU year so hope it doesn't crash!

9. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

insider wrote:
    anyone else not get into their pm's? been trying for a few days now and bloody things wont load Insider I know your trying to messgae me about PSD pick 2!

10. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

tyze1 wrote:
    insider wrote:
    anyone else not get into their pm's? been trying for a few days now and bloody things wont load Insider I know your trying to messgae me about PSD pick 2! hahahaha! I reckon you got that right, tyze. I'm just a little surprised he hasn't contacted me yet about PSD4. haha!

11. insider

[span style='text-decoration: line-through;]think the great Wale man has resolved things.Think i spoke too soon... not working again and yes lads, expect pm's now that my brief period of radio silence is over and i have time to cook up some deals!

12. choppers

insider wrote:
    [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]think the great Wale man has resolved things.Think i spoke too soon... not working again and yes lads, expect pm's now that my brief period of radio silence is over and i have time to cook up some deals! I wouldn't expect anything less, my good man.......lol!

13. choppers

The 'substitute' rule is no more.......yeehah!!!!!! No more red vests, no more green vests........I couldn't be happier with that rule change. Banchang players donned the red/green vests 27 times in 17 games.........looking at better scores next season.......

14. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

choppers wrote:
    The 'substitute' rule is no more.......yeehah!!!!!! No more red vests, no more green vests........I couldn't be happier with that rule change. Banchang players donned the red/green vests 27 times in 17 games.........looking at better scores next season....... I agree, I had a game with where 3 players who had the green/red vest. They couldn't work out who should've been on and off the field.

15. choppers

Feel your pain there, batfink. In Rd15 I had 3 players on the field get the dreaded vest for scores of 34 38 and 45, and also 2 emergencies in the same round with 15 and 22......

16. choppers

Do we have an ORFFU Honour Board anywhere on our site. I can't seem to remember seeing one. If not, I think it'd be a great idea if someone with creative computer skills could come up with something including 2014 Premiers/Runners-up, 2015 ditto and maybe the BAFFU recipient for both years and then have it perpetuate every year. I definitely don't have those skills, I can't even correct the spelling on my avatar, so anyone up for it?

17. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Like an ORFFU Records post? I'll pop something like that, have been considering it for a while actually

18. insider

+1million. I recently peeked at another keeper leagues forums (yes im ashamed of myself and feel dirty for it) and noticed they had records like that. Great idea. Lets get it happening!

19. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

We have begun creating an honour/records board in this thread -http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/22/threadid/78399/scope/posts/Default.aspx Any thoughts on anything at all? What other records should we take? It is surprisingly time consuming and in some cases barely possible to find results for previous years, so if we set up a list that we take each year this should be a fairly easy task to complete. If possible, it would be nice to keep that thread clean of chat, so post anything in here please.

20. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

martyg wrote:
    I see both sides of the argument of not increasing our team lists. I did raise that I wanted more players but I think to have a robust league we should keep it the same. Last year I had Cam Ellis-Yolmen and Brandon Ellis, I decided to keep CEY and got rid of Ellis - worst call ever! but my bad luck was someone else's good fortune. I then also got rid of CEY to keep a spot for a 2015 rookie. What I do agree with is a LTI list. Just 1 I reckon and it must be done in either PSD or MSD and then you have to get your squad back to normal size at the end of the year. For example - Week 2 - Laverde breaks his leg and is out for the season. I put him on my LTI and in the MSD I can trade in an extra player. After the season, I have to de-list 1 player. This allows for the really shit luck a few coaches have had this year. Marty not sure if your idea works, what if you get a lti after msd? then you have been disadvantaged by not being able to secure another player as the other coaches before that took the opportunity to. At the end of the season you would have to delist the player that you brought in and not have a choice to delist anybody else to keep it fair.