2015 ORFFA Rising Star

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by dmandrews, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Bit concerning only 13 coaches voting...

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

One left, and no point or truth in Tracey voting on his behalf, still 4 people didn't take 5 minutes to participate and that's less than ideal.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

You nailed my point Len... Took 5 minutes

• Like Like x 3
  4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Great write up! Thanks so much for taking the time on this Dean.

The comments about a few coaches not voting now have me worried - I could've sworn I voted late last year or early this year but now I'm doubting myself. If I am one of the non-voters, I beg forgiveness....

• Like Like x 2
  5. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Very deserving winner - Cripps that is not sNoZ! :D

• Like Like x 4
  6. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Chris, you did vote on 10th May, a few days after I posted the Rising Star stats in this thread.

All of the ORFFA coaches that had a player in the Rising Star votes submitted their votes.

As Len said one of the coaches left so it was four current coaches that didn’t vote. During the mid-season break PM’s were sent to the coaches who had not submitted their votes and whilst it would have been good to receive votes from more coaches at least the majority of coaches voted and the massive lag between the end of the 2015 ORFFA season and the stats being posted may have contributed to some ORFFA coaches not voting.

Whilst the 2015 Rising Star stats were delayed even further due to cross checking the manual results to @walesy 's automated results to iron out any bugs at least going through this process has meant that the ORFFA Rising Star award can continue in 2016 and beyond, whereas with a manual process it wasn’t going to continue.

I might not make any posts about the 2016 ORFFA Rising Star award until the end of the season when the stats are posted. The 2016 RS stats will be posted in a much more timely fashion than the 2015 ones were. If only 13 coaches submit votes for the 2016 ORFFA Rising Star award it would be more concerning.

Once the 2016 votes have been submitted and counted I will post an article on the 2016 RS winner in a similar style to the Cripps article. Let me know if you want any changes made to the structure of the 2016 Rising Star article, for example less detail on the winner and a bit more info on the other players in the top 5 or a shorter article.

Thanks for the positive comments about the article celebrating Cripps’ 2015 ORFFA Rising Star award and congratulations Simon on a Grasshoppers playing winning the RS award.

• Like Like x 2
  7. snoz

snoz Moderator

Dean - you have gone above & beyond......fantastic write up and not just because I won, I mean that Carlscum player won.....I mean Super Premo Patty Cripps won !

Thanks to the Lefties for the trade, cant recall ever getting a thank you back for Sam Mitchell that helped you win the flag though ;)

Again - in a fantasy world that I seem to never get a win - this huge big trophy will sit nicely at the clubhouse next to the three wooden spoons !!!

8. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I was one of the 4 and apologies mainly to Dean as he did PM me asking me politely to reply. I just forgot basically, no real excuse, apologies to all. It was one of those 'I will do that tonight/tomorrow' thoughts that never actually eventuate into action.

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

are we voting on this for 2016? Or just going with the votes in tsLeagues?

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Pretty sure same as last year, though I don't believe Dean has asked for votes as yet, it's his baby to run and I'm sure we will hear from him soon :)

11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

In the next week and a half I will be publishing an article on https://milestonesandmisses.com/ to mark Dandenong Rangers co-captain Aimie Clydesdale playing her 100th WNBL game. After that I will be able to focus on getting the 2016 ORFFA Awards up to date.

@anthak Yes ORFFA coaches will be submitting votes for the Rising Star Award but I am not up to that stage. Les sent me a TS League Awards spreadsheet with the Round by Round scores for the ORFFA Rising Stars listed by Round. In late November/early December I will be putting this info into a similar format to the previous couple of years, will post it on Too Serious and ask for all coaches to submit their votes.

After I have posted all the Rising Star info, I will work on the Dangerfield 2016 Les W Medallist article. I have already published an article on Milestones and misses celebrating Dangerfield winning the 2016 Brownlow Medal, so just need to ORFFAise this article by tailoring it to the Les W Medal, shorten it and cut out some of the pre-ORFFA info. My aim is to publish the Dangerfield 2016 Les W Medal article in early-mid December and the ORFFA Rising Star article in late December so that everything is up to date by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 8