2015 Round Review: Round 2

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 12, 2015.

By walesy on Apr 12, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

STATS ARE UP! LET THE SERVER HAMMERING COMMENCE!

Your captain knocks up a 142, your other team doesn't crumble in the second half and salutes by two points and you don't need to ask yourself 'What to do with Ablett' due to not owning him.

Sometime this footy caper can give up some good weeks. :)

(Unless of course, you had Ablett as captain and support the Hawks, then you get my sympathies :D)

As the final game rolls to a close, let us know how you've gone! Bench Goodes for Oxley? Get on in time to ditch Cripps? Enjoyed a blinder from Martin after last weeks debacle? Let us know!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 12, 2015.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      It really depends on how the rest of your team is. If you only have 1-2 players that you see as must trades right now then you should trade him, but if you're like me and have 3-4 players that need to be traded then you probably can't afford to use a trade to trade him out
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      I am happy with the 2293 I scored this week, which was enough for me to not lose a league game, as well as the 6300's I'm sitting at overall. However, I have some trade issues this week. I have decided to trade Wells to Rich, but then I have Goodes, Miller, Cripps and Lamb. I just can't afford to trade Goodes to Hunt, so my options are:
      Goodes to Brown (pocket 100K+ and could actually be fine because I have 4 guns and McIntosh, Saad and Oxley as my defenders)
      Cripps to NVB
      Miller to McGrath/Saad (put Bonts/Swan in the middle)
      Lamb to McGrath/Saad
    3. Spirio43
      Spirio43
      Some decent scores around. Very happy with 2334, should have been more, had to deal with cockatoo's 5. Brings me up to 60 overall.. Side note, Too Serious Divi 4 up to 51.. Good effort gents
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      based on his past history i reckon NVB is good for high 70s or low 80s average, anything more is a bonus

worth sideways trading in for mine if people think that is a better bet than Cripps, Sheed, Newton, Brayshaw and others they may already be holding of a similar price

may also be a decent 'upgrade' for people holding a weak midfield bench such as miller/cockatoo/anderson (or any other rookie mid under 60ppg), particularly if any of them get the chop on Thursday night
    5. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Good to see some decent scores this round. I had to roll the dice with Selwood as captain to try and have a POD over my opponents fyfe as captain in my cash league, which has cost me 100 points in the end. Because of that ended up with 2172, which I am still happy with compared to last week.

Now the decision of whether to keep Ablett or not.....
    6. walesy
      walesy
      STATS ARE UP! LET THE SERVER HAMMERING COMMENCE!
    7. walesy
      walesy
      It's pretty close mate :D 230. Not looking great for the little master.
    8. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      I got a bit too clever for my own good. After Sloan (my VC) and Oxley's performances I put Dalgliesh on the field and made him captain, moved Newnes onto the bench (no E on him as I was sure he would not top Oxley). Happily cruising along until I got home from golf Sunday afternoon to watch the Hawks/Don's and thought, 'hang on, there's no Gibson!'. Missed out on Newnes 90, ended up at 2142. Happy enough with the team structure and performance despite that. Not thrilled that I have now left 210 points on the bench (McIntosh last week, Newnes this week). Looks like I need to get my priorities straight:fewer social activities and more SC. :-(
    9. Jason
      Jason
      So only TS has the correct formula for BE now?

What is SC Gold not doing that TS is doing when it comes to this calculation?
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Sean Sowerby ‏@SeanSowerby7 2m2 minutes ago

Young Magpies Taylor Adams (foot) and Ben Sinclair (hamstring) have both limped in for scans. All the latest injury news @7NewsMelbourne 6pm
    11. walesy
    12. Nick
      Nick
      2237 with Fyfe as captain and Gibbo's withdrawal giving me Oxley's 116. Happy with that.

I reckon this week will be Gaz > Bonts and Goodes > B Smith.

13. stripey
      stripey
      Well I think Guy McKenna and Brett Ratten can hold their heads up high after the starts to this season for Carlton and Gold Coast. Brenton Sanderson less so...
    14. DannyG
      DannyG
      I am thinking the same Nick but I also want to swap Cripps for NVB. Perhaps, Smith will be rested against Melbourne after being KO'd?
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Yes, I was/am annoyed. I usually set reminders for 80 min before each game, so I can check teams on twitter. But I couldn't for that game unfortunately.
    16. _turnitups_
      _turnitups_
      I took the punt on a Defence of Adcock, Harry O, Newnes & Harry Taylor + two rookies with a view to upgrading whoever failed come Round 3 when everything was supposed to be a little clearer. Now they are all averaging 80s or thereabouts so I dunno what to do.

TU: Harry Taylor > Brodie Smith
      TD: Jack Newnes > Tom McDonald + bank cash

Or should I just back in my current squad?
    17. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      Scored 2200 on the dot for the second week in a row, ranked 1500ish, happy with that.

Contemplating trading Ablett --> NVB and Goodes --> Oxley to ensure I get the right cash cows, obviously would have a stack of money and the right cash cows then to do some faster upgrades than others perhaps?... Monday thoughts, may be very poor ones.

TU: Potentially a smart idea
      TD: Pretty pointless and don't do it.
    18. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Might be a bit early to pull the trigger on get rid of any of them IMHO. All had much better 2nd games than first. Plus, B Smith was knocked cold on the weekend, so even if he gets to the field this week, highly likely will still be below his peak. My 2 cents only, of course.
    19. jimbowan
      jimbowan
      Thoughts on Taylor Hunt? Seems to be getting a lot of the leather and playing on the ball.

Goodes has to go and I have Saad, Oxley and MacIntosh already. What are other cheap/mid options? Josh Bruce from the Saints?

TU : Goodes > Taylor Hunt
      TD : Goodes > Josh Bruce

Or other thoughts?
    20. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Thanks for the link and darn your team stopping my perfect week in all my league matches :)