2015 Round Review: Round 3.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 19, 2015.

By walesy on Apr 19, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

A couple of massive scores to a few of the more unique selections could see some massive scores this week!

Would love to hear your hits or misses!

Jed on the Bench? CEY, Miller or Cripps on the field? The forward line carnage of Bontempelli and Adams?
    [span style='color: #292f33;]Round 3 Stats are up!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Didnt make it 1990 only - not good enough by plenty !!
    2. warsaken
    3. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      ian, fair point about the opening narrative by the boss - your right - hits and misses.

my misses were bartel this week scoring 5 points, bonts being traded in for stevens - stevens post 110+ and bonts gave himself a bye. and another miss would be gray with only 73 points.

hits loophole worked well across all lines - Sloane perfect example.

as for the thumbs down, not too concerned if people want to play hide and seek.

4. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Well done Steve. After an average first round ranked 50k +, I'm now comfortably ranked 672nd.
    5. insider
      insider
      personally im playing the long game for my cash leagues. Managed to eke out a 1992 with Oxleys 97, Millers 86, & Gary ill trade you next round Abletts $$$ all sitting on the bench. Thank goodness for jack lonie's 37 covering for bontempelli! hahaha.
      Bring on next rounds best buys BlueBeliever!
    6. LBJ
      LBJ
      Thanks to Bartel, lost by one point in TS Champs League and lost in the other TS Champs league by less than Bartel average.
      Beaten by rotten luck sucks.
    7. walesy
      walesy
      Round 3 Stats are up!
    8. lukus
      lukus
      Anyone got Brayshaw? If he starts to avoid the vest, he could be a massive POD for you.

Scored 69 DT points from 62% game time (red vest) in Round 1, 42 DT points in 34% game time (green vest) last week and 65 DT points in 30% game time (green vest) this week - 12 touches and 7 tackles in a smidgeon over a quarter of footy...

I'm figuring his vestings are due to him having no pre-season games because on those numbers surely he's a walk up start for the Dees. He's had 166 DT points including 18 tackles in 126% game time!
    9. anthak
      anthak
      yay, go Div 6
    10. insider
      insider
      ewwww dream team?
    11. lukus
      lukus
      You are better off looking at DT when a player dons the vest. If they come on late in a game that is already over, their score gets scaled down to the bejesus.
    12. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Brayshaw is ranked 9th in points per minute (SC)
    13. willy
      willy
      Well where do i start...........2178 which got me 2/2 league wins! Was very nervous fri night with Pendles not playing, he plays i knew he wouldnt be at 100% but after some quiet ones at the G before the bounce i forgot to change my VC over to Watson for the next day stuck with VC on pendles and the loophole was missed which i may as well have kept as Fyfe got me the same score. Nice scores from Swanny Jobe Heater, Dusty Beams and Goldy. Also shout outs to rookies CEY, Heeney, Miller and Cripps.

Made the mistake of noing going with my gut and going GAJ and Berger - The Bont and Sauce! Was gonna wait for the Bont trade till the sunday but had to do it sat arvo as lions played sat night and didnt have the cash to hold off till the sunday!

111k in the kitty and room for improvement
    14. Nick
      Nick
      2102 which I'm happy with considering the rotten luck of Bartel and The Bont not playing. Seriously annoyed about The Bont late withdrawl, I know the writing was on the wall with him not training during the the week, but Luke Beveridge came out and said he'd play the day before, pretty annoying.

Very happy with Lachie Neale repaying the risk coaches took on him - hopefully sign of things to come! That and Selwood's huge effort helped salvage a half decent score.

Lucky that it was only Bartel's second game so that 5 won't kill his value. Will likely swing Bonts to forward and go Bartel > Sloane.

15. Bucko
      Bucko
      2134 which should have been a 2244 due to trying to loophole Goldstein right on lockout. Managed to bench him, but he was locked before I could get the E on him. Didn't even realise the game was starting.

Absolutely spewing as that would have had me sitting 655 overall.
    16. Senator96
      Senator96
      Yeah that's bad luck bucko, don't know whether it did or not but the game seemed to start earlier than I was expecting too.

2091 for me which wasn't too flash fielded McIntosh over Oxley which cost 33 points. Lots of scores in the 60s it seemed and lowest was mumford with a paltry 61 for a premium but at least missed the injury bullets of this week. The other good thing is the rookies are all performing pretty quite well and even miller came good so will look forward to some good mooing in coming weeks and some upgrades!
    17. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Carnage again, fell short of 2k with 1973.
      On the bright side Swanny is BACK, Selwood earned his price tag, other than that it was Harry O and the rookies pulling in some good scores. I wanted to loophole Swan but every player I have was selected to play so rode the Fyfe train again.

On the downside Lewis gets 100 possessions at 1pt per touch, Grey a bit underwhelming AND what to do with a guy called Griffin who is on the wrong side of his breakeven a whole lot earlier (and cheaper) than I had hoped.

Looking like Bartel to Bont this week, and maybe Griffin to HB or Sloane.

18. stripey
      stripey
      A trainwreck for me... originally had Lambert on the field so I could play off Cripps and Jedi and use the captains loophole (Pendles was VC). When Cripps didnt get the vest I put Cripps on the field but didnt shift the C leaving me with Cripps as captain!! Didnt lose too many as would have gone Fyfe for C anyway.

In addition to the crappy scores from JPK and Lycett (plus the missing Bont), I now also have the worries of Bartel and McGovern.

1904 sees me drop 23k places to 33,376.
    19. huvaduva
      huvaduva
      My goodness, you know you're in a bit of trouble when your two lowest scoring players are supposed to be premos... (Kennedy (syd) 61 and Malceski 52).
      Anyone else here part of the 13.7% that still own Malceski?? Probably the worst premo pick I've ever had (so far). Worst case scenario is you trade him out and he comes good. I guess you gotta assess whether or not he will end up averaging in the top 6 by seasons end or not.... Obviously he has the capacity to and he did start last year with three sub-hundred scores. Hold?
    20. thokash
      thokash
      Heh Stripey I was against you in the TSChampsABC league, I must say when I saw that locked in I had a laugh, because I've stuffed up many loopholes trying to be too cute. Ever since the rolling lockout came in I wouldn't be surprised if I have lost points!