2015 Round Review: Round 4.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 26, 2015.

By walesy on Apr 26, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Wowzers, how held the faith with Cripps?!? Gunna see some amazing salary growth over the next few weeks with that 172 in his rolling average!
    That said, Cripps, Vanderburg and Miller all sitting on my bench this week stings a bit. Specially with Heeney's 7 on the field!!
    Reckon364 from the midfield bench has got to be a record of some kind, doesn't it?
    How have you gone?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 26, 2015.

1. BJWNFI
      BJWNFI
      Nice little selection there RPritch - thanks!
    2. warsaken
      warsaken
      TS Div 6 - 110th
      Yahoo TS 5.0 - 336th
      [TS] Commited Cats - 575th

My score stinking up all of these leagues this week.
    3. Ratatouille
    4. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
    5. petethepublisher
      petethepublisher
      I had 1911 and didn't want to log on to TS because I thought I was an embarrassment to the community but it looks like I am in good (read bad) company. Worst score in years. Cripps on the bench but not as bad as Walesy - bench only 321 - and my new recruit Sloane as Captain!!!. This is my worst ever start - players are far more inconsistent this year and when you get two players who average over 100 (ie Sloane and Neale( struggling to get 100 between them it hurts. On-field rookies Heeney (7 ave 66) and Oxley (47 ave 73) take 150 down to the 50's. My TS league Div 7 hasn't performed well (best score 2153) but I did see a 2310 in one of my leagues so maybe we analyse every thing to tightly.
    6. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      IMO...a well rounded comment. you have backed your comments up with pure hard facts.

may I make this comment - two years ago to this day my golf handicap was 5. today it stands at 1.

would it be fair to say that in two years, Tarrant may have become a better footballer?
    7. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      the 2310 came from an over opinioned, half glass empty journalist.

I had a ferral 2003. Sloane as cap, heney, shaw,Lumumba,newness and gray injured.

the one positive is that goldy was brought in for minson and i'm not a coach that has made the worst trade of the year to date - cripps out / nvb in.

8. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      FWIW, I will be bringing in Tarrant

9. snoz
      snoz
      Whilst Krak is the logical in this week, I think it comes down to Webb Vs Tarrant for that 2nd trade. Can see both arguments regarding Tarrant. No one mentioned how much cash he will go up when he breaks in half again? In 6 years, has played all of 39 games.
    10. anthak
      anthak
      while we're at it...

'TS Champs GrpsDE' is 126
      'TS Champs GrpsBEG' is 130
      'Another 2 Serious' is 286
      'TooSerious Hawks' is 339
      'FFUK V TS ASHES' is 395
      'TS NBA Crew' is 462

'TS ORFFA' is 2033
    11. the_steadier
      the_steadier
      could have said exactly the same for steph martin last year
    12. snoz
      snoz
      Very true steadier......just pointing out that it should be weighed into the decision. More often than not, fragile wins out over the Stef Martins.
    13. bunza;-)
      bunza;-)
      Great week for me 2307 (which was 153rd for the week) to move me up to 418. Fyfe cap after Dusty stunk up the VC. Had Cripps on field, Heeney off, as Anderson allowed me to loophole VDB. Boak finally came good. I was tempted to trade him to Sloane last week, glad I didn't. Still haven't made a trade yet so will definitely trade out Lamb and maybe Anderson.
    14. graeme
      graeme
      Playing the same track Yarni? If so that is an excellent effort. An old pro told me that it takes the same amount of dedication / effort every time you halve your handicap. So 2 to 1 takes the same effort / practice / dedication as 16 to 8.
    15. Kel
      Kel
      Div 4 currently 30th
    16. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      yeah same track - hidden valley vic
    17. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      It seems you are a better golfer than punter mate. :)
    18. Dino71
      Dino71
      The biggest risk with Taz is his body. He has always shown ability and if his body is right why shouldn't he avg more than 61. Most wouldn't be looking at his as a keeper, just a nice little cash cow.

North are a better side than 2 years ago and he is playing a different position which may allowing for him to score better.
    19. choppers
      choppers
      I see where you're coming from, Crafty.. But would I be right in saying you played more than 1 game in 2014 to get your handicap down from 5 to 1.Great job to do that, by the way.. But Tarrant only played 1 game in 2014 for 19SC pts.....so I don't see that as a fair comparison.
    20. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      finally...........

my long lost friend has appeared, commenting on my punting exploits.
      as I consider you a friend as opposed to a foe, I will give you a once in a lifetime opportunity...

I will give you 2 free $50 bets...

all I need you to do is post your two selections this week under my forum banner. I need to receive your 2 selections before 5pm Friday.
      I will then place those bets together with mine about 6ish.

the only stipulation I have is that I will pay you 50% of profit you make from your gifted $100.

I will allow you to cash out from round 12.

good luck mate