2015 Round Review: Round 5.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 3, 2015.

By walesy on May 3, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Another Sunday afternoon and another weekend of football comes to a close.
    Did you manage to get Oxley onto the field this week? Perhaps Goodes finally did something good for your team? Or did he languish on the bench, Cripps-style?
    Either way, seen a couple of decent scores brewing across my leagues, would love to hear how you went!

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 3, 2015.

1. bunza;-)
      bunza;-)
      2,262 which moved me up 87 spots to 331. I shouldn't complain but I had 11 scores between 69 to 86 plus a 50.....
    2. lsco
      lsco
      Stars aligned this week for 2,351 which has brought me back to the top 8k

Lewis the only real concern at this stage. I'm hoping the decision to not get Tarrant pays off at some point :)
    3. Tomster
      Tomster
      Div 4 ranked 37! I'll porbably pop up a post for a bit of league chat and have a check how everyone is doing
    4. Steve
      Steve
      2258 this week for me

Which saw me move up from 409 to 336 overall

No more TBC and Newnes. They are going to get chopped this week.
    5. Dino71
      Dino71
      Ive had enough of the Newnes rubbish also. Unfortunately will have to wait for more $ to dump tbc.
    6. Nick
      Nick
      2243 this week, up 2000 places into top 4000, pretty happy with that, using Pendles captains loop hole worked a treat. Neale bouncing back and Oxley also great.

Trading Sloane in at top price when he was averaging 135 has officially backfired, geez this game is cruel sometimes. Anyone know more of Sloane's injury?

7. markso1077
      markso1077
      2306 this week with Pendlebury as captain loop hole like many. Only used 3 trades so far and ranked 15. Have the top 6 cash cows. So far so good.
    8. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      2243 for me as well. Slowly making some progress after a staggeringly bad start: a shade under 36,000th, which is a 15,000 place improvement. shocking.

Happy with Pendles, Oxley, Bennell, Martin, Gray, Fyfe, Dusty
      Not at all happy with: B. Smith, Sloan, Griffen, Higgins, Parker
      Disappointed in: Gibson

Somewhat heartened by signed that Parker might be starting to recover from his concussion.

Lonie on the bench but managed to get Touk's score.

Thumbs
      TU: Ditch Griffen
      TD: Keep Griffen, he will come good eventually.
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      Sounds like you're in really good shape so far markso1077, hopefully you can keep going.

It's interesting brodie smith's scores have stunk since he was concussed as well and I remember that topic being mentioned on here a few weeks back. The backline is the area that is giving me the most grief so far this year. When you have your rookies out performing your so called premiums its probably not really a good thing, but hopefully Oxley and Saad can keep their great performances going.

10. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Mate, I have my MID rookies out-performing my MID premiums at the moment...... :p

On the DEF front, who would have ever thought that selecting Full Backs was the way to go in SC. I'm pretty sure that if a team had Rance, McDonald and Hooker (with Mc Govern a shade outside the top 6 DEFs) the RMT response would have been mild surprise at the very least.
    11. JPK
      JPK
      Very true mate, very true.

I'm actually kicking myself. I had Bachar in my team most of the preseason, but got nervous at the last moment and dropped him for B Smith. Good decision that one...
    12. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Is it too much to ask for consistency from premos?? Haha

Score was 2168 this week which is great compared to previous weeks but for this week it is just about bang on par.

I have 400 k for upgrades this week and am thinking of VBerlo to Pendles.... ANd I want to get rid of newnes but will only have 440 odd after pendles trade. Any suggestions as to whom to bring in would be appreciated, Brodie Smith is just out of reach and I am still positive that he will be top 5 def by the end of the year.

Decisions decisions
    13. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      I'm personally quite convinced that both B Smith's and Parker's concussions (and lack of rest thereafter) are being directly reflected in their current scoring. After being vigorously whacked twice in the head by the Hawks and subsequently subbed out, Swallow's scoring, should he play this week, is also going to be below par. (not that he was scoring that well anyway, but it is a pretty good chance to even get worse in the short term)
    14. jp
      jp
      Smith will probably be 30k cheaper in a few rounds.... although so will newnes
    15. TopHeavy
      TopHeavy
      Calf apparently. Only a 6 day break too, so might be out next week
    16. Tylo
      Tylo
      Sloan also copped a heavy knock against bullies and was sluggish this week before going off.
    17. mad dog
      mad dog
      2310 for me this week fair to say not much went wrong! Upto 1,228 overall.

Am I insane considering Dahlhaus! I want a POD and I think my froward line need strengthening the most as mid and back rookies are doing well. Anyone have some thoughts on him??
    18. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      2391 for me after being 1900 from 16. Salem and newnes the only spuds for me. Left miller on the bench but only cost me 10. Top 100 overall so pretty happy. $85k in the kitty so newnes to McDonald is my trade thinking.
    19. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Or wait for B.Smith to bottom out and hold Newnes for a few more weeks...can McDonald keep up the scoring is the question?
    20. bjaensch
      bjaensch
      Joshy, The question of whether ALL of the KPD's currently scoring so well can continue it (ref Hooker last year in particular), whether Rance, McDonald Hooker (who looks to have started his drop off already) or even McGovern. No doubt folks will be getting all excited about Harry Taylor's effort on the weekend as well...

I like McDonald myself and am thinking about him for my Trading Games team, but can't quite come to grips with whether he can maintain it or not.