2015 SC positions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Dec 18, 2014.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Thought this might be a good time to start a thread looking at the 2015 SC positions (and ORFFA positions).

The latest rundown for SC comes from the Herald Sun today - http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2015-dane-swan-a-midfieldforward-as-player-positions-revealed/story-fni5f3gz-1227160183877

NEW DUAL-POSITION PLAYERS

Dane Swan (Collingwood) — midfield/forward

Brendon Goddard (Essendon) — midfield/forward

Brett Deledio (Richmond) — midfield/forward

Jack Ziebell (North Melbourne) — midfield/forward

Harley Bennell (Gold Coast) — midfield/forward

Dale Thomas (Carlton) — midfield/forward

Adam Cooney (Essendon) — midfield/forward

Paddy Ryder (Port Adelaide) — ruck/forward

Tom Bellchambers (Essendon) — ruck/forward

Jarrod Harbrow (Gold Coast) — midfield/defender

Nathan Krakouer (Port Adelaide) — midfield/forward

Christian Petracca (Melbourne) — midfield/forward

Jayden Laverde (Essendon) — midfield/forward

Hugh Goddard (St Kilda) — defender/forward

Sam Durdin (North Melbourne) — defender/ruck

Kane Lambert (Richmond) — midfield/forward

NO LONGER DPPs

Patrick Dangerfield (Adelaide) — midfielder

Sam Mitchell (Hawthorn) — midfielder

Pearce Hanley (Brisbane) — midfielder

Jimmy Bartel (Geelong) — forward

Luke Parker (Sydney) — midfielder

Jarrad McVeigh (Sydney) — midfielder

David Swallow (Gold Coast) — midfielder

Stefan Martin (Brisbane) — ruck

Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide) — forward

Lewis Taylor (Brisbane) — forward

Josh Caddy (Geelong) — midfielder

Luke McDonald (North Melbourne) — defender

(A little disbelieving that Nic Nat isn't a forward/ruck, but, oh well - apparently Harvey is still a M/F which is complete crap - so swings and roundabouts)

In addition, Melbourne and StKilda AFL Fantasy positions have been announced thus far (refer to the main tooserious threads) - usually AFL Fantasy and SC positions start the same, with AFL Fantasy diverging through the year.

Wonder if some of the DPP rookie decisions will influence the early picks in the draft ....

2. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Getting Swan's M/F is a big boost, but as a 100% wash I lose Hanley as a D/M which is bollocks IMO as he plays a lot off the HB flank still.

3. chris88

jimbowan wrote:
    Getting Swan's M/F is a big boost, but as a 100% wash I lose Hanley as a D/M which is bollocks IMO as he plays a lot off the HB flank still.

Goddard and Cooney forward are really handy, and Harvey staying M/F is great too. Going to see if I can put the oldest, shortest forwardline on the park at some stage this year - Harvey, Betts, Cooney, Walters (though he ain't old)

I lose a bit with McGlynn just a M this year, but Newnes new M/D DPP is great - he'll be an instant start in my backline this year.

I am flummoxed about Hanley - surely he is your classic HBF type.

4. J_C

J_C Guest

Hanley did spend a lot more time in the midfield last season, to my eye anyway, but I still thought he'd qualify for D/M easy enough.

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Flummoxed - what a great word. It describes my view of NDS not getting D/M status. McVeigh I was a little surprised about, but NDS was signalled as dual status when changed in DT mid-season. I wonder how many of the mid-season 2014 changes flowed through to 2015?

6. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd pop in from another TS League, say g'dayand put some minds to rest. It's my belief that what you read in the Herald Sun/Fox Sports today are only some of the positional changes. To quote When SuperCoach Gold users and Herald Sun subscribers gain access to the advanced team picker next week, they will find some big position changes that could change the game next season. Among those to lose dual-position status in 2015 are......... A teaser if you like. The full list won't be published til next week sometime. Now everyone can get a good night's sleep....lol!

7. graeme

graeme Guest

Thanks for the feedback choppers; one thing I signed up for in ORFFA was an inalienable right to have an occasional moan about the afl, SC, umps and parking wardens. Just exercising that right!

8. snoz

snoz Moderator

Chels, greame, kiwi boy......moving this over to here so we don't hijack the Guim thread: Consensus view seems to be that at the start of the season SC and DT positions are the same. BTW sNoZ, Sam Mitchell is back to M only according to the afl site. Yeh, I see that mate. Ugh - I'm taking a whack down in the Def line I tell ya. Lets see next week, but I could have 12 Mids, 12 Fwds and 2 Defenders !!

9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Misfits have been very lucky so far with positions if they hold through to SC. Of the 25 players not down to be delisted as yet we had only 6 fwds, and not all of them good. So far though, Zac Williams mid to back evens out the Mav Weller back to mid Josh Kelly gets MF WHE gets Fwd D Stanley gets MF Paddy Ryder gets RF And suddenly we almost have a balanced squad again :)

10. chris88

Simonoz wrote:
    Chels, greame, kiwi boy......moving this over to here so we don't hijack the Guim thread: Consensus view seems to be that at the start of the season SC and DT positions are the same. BTW sNoZ, Sam Mitchell is back to M only according to the afl site. Yeh, I see that mate. Ugh - I'm taking a whack down in the Def line I tell ya. Lets see next week, but I could have 12 Mids, 12 Fwds and 2 Defenders !!

Luckily there seems to be a few rookies with D or DPP options. Reckon this is going to massively effect the draft order.

I'm waiting and hoping that Frawley retains his D status and becomes a D/F (he should) and Westhoff gets D/F status too.

That'll perhaps save me a bit in defence in 2015.

11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The 2015 team picker is now open for Supercoach Gold subscribers. Cradle Mountain Devils players changing positions are as expected: Hurley changes from FWD to DEF Goldsack gains FWD to become F/D Ben Kennedy gains MID to become F/M My final 28 player squad from 2014 is priced at $10,549,300 in 2015, I actually went through the exercise of picking them all in a squad to check everyone's 2015 position and see what it looked like on screen. Perhaps fittingly given the events of trade week I ran out of cash when I tried to select Tom Boyd. One 2014 player, Honeychurch has been traded, 27 remain. With the move of Hurley from the forward line to defense the Devils forward line becomes even weaker, this is partially offset by Goldsack gaining forward status, however there is quite a gap between their respective scoring outputs. It is just as well the Devils have the Amazing Zorko in the forward line.

12. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The biggest change in the 2015 team picker is that the 30 player squads are now comprised of one less ruck and more midfielder, making it 8D, 11M, 3R, 8F. Defense looks to be the toughest line to pick. Of the top 20 selections at the 2014 National Draft nine are pure mids. Chris, Frawley is D/F whilst Westhoff is a pure FWD.

13. Len

Misfits are happy with the positional gods this year, it appears they have made amends for the havoc wreaked last year.. We do have less mids and more fwds than we would like to start 2015 with though

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

sNoZ aint a happy camper......went from 7 dpps to 2 dpps, alas; whilst the DEF line took a whack losing its general. Only 6 weeks to the trade period, tic toc !!

15. graeme

graeme Guest

Cradle Mountain's [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]final 28 player squad from 2014weighs in at[span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]$10,549,300 in 2015. Purely for comparative purposes on the same basis the Waikicks weigh in at $11,401,800. The leaner pre-draft squad will be approximately $9,685,100 based on 23 members of the squad. [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]The replacement price of chief's and jimbo's squads would, I suspect, be astronomical. [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]For those of us without SC Gold or equivalent, a poor man's approach to pricing is available free athttp://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2014/12/22/the-higginator-2015/ [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]
    [span style='color: #000000; background: #ffffff;]

16. chris88

For the sake of some very preliminary pre-trade discussions, maybe it might be worthwhile to indicate if we are posting here what each of our positional needs might be post-positional changes.

It might get people thinking about future trade period/s.

I've had guys pulled all over the park -

Goddard and Cooney go from M to M/F
    Frawley goes from D to D/F
    Newnes goes from M to D/M
    McDonough goes to D from F
    McGlynn just a M now, not a M/F
    Hunter just a F now - previously a M/F

Have probably come out slightly on the positive side, Cooney, Goddard, Frawley and Newnes are big bonuses. Defence looks set with a couple of experienced guys and quite a deal of youth.

Am in need of a midfielder during trade period by the looks. We'll see how things go.

17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I haven't been paying a lot of attention, but I did notice Deledio will now be a M/F. This is good. I originally drafted him very high in our first draft based on his DPP, so it's great to have him back eligible for 2 roles again.

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

G'day, I have sentmy ORFFL spreadsheet to those ORFFA coaches that I have email addresses for. It has all of the new player positions and starting salaries. Happy for it to be shared around within ORFFA. Cheers, Jason

19. Len

Jason wrote:
    G'day, I have sentmy ORFFL spreadsheet to those ORFFA coaches that I have email addresses for. It has all of the new player positions and starting salaries. Happy for it to be shared around within ORFFA. Cheers, Jason Thanks Jason, I've sent you a note, could you please send a copy to me, Les is a ways off having the data ready and I'd like to start fixing the FA squads.