2016 AFL Trade Week(s)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Oct 10, 2016.

By walesy on Oct 10, 2016 at 11:03 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Boom. Trade week.

I'll keep this post updated with the latest new that drops.

10/10/2016

Daniel Wells has nominated Collingwood as his new home under free agency #NABTradeRadio
    Vickery to the Hawks. Richmond get a 2nd rounder as Compo.

11/10/2016

The GIANTS have received pick 3 from @freodockers in exchange for Cameron McCarthy and picks 7, 33 & 71

12/10/2016

Chris Mayne to Collingwood as a UFA

13/10/2016

Freo send their Second (23) to Hawthorn for Brad Hill

Brisbane get Picks 3 and 16 from GWS for Picks 2, 31, 51 and 60

14/10/2016

St Kilda recieve Jack Steele from the GWS for a future Round 2 selection

WCE recieve Sam Mitchell, pick 54 and pick 72 from Hawthorn for Picks 52, 70 and 88

Hawthorn recieve Tom Mitchell and pick 57 from Sydney for pick 14 and 52

Hawthorn pick up pick 10 and 68 from St Kilda in exchange for 23, 36 and the Hawks 2017 first rounder

17/10/2016

Nathan Brown to St Kilda as a free Agent
    North receive Paul Ahern from GWS for pick 69

18/10/2016

3 Way
    GC: Hanley and pick 67 for Pick 22 and 30
    Port: Pick 19, 30 for 2017 1st rounder and pick 67
    Lions: Pick 22, Ports 2017 1st for Hanley and pick 19

Melb receive Jordan Lewis, Pick 57 and 68 from Hawthorn for Pick 48 and 66

Freo receive Joel Hamling and Pick 40, 63 from the Dogs for Pick 35, 43

19/10/2016

Melbourne receive Hibberd and Pick 59 from the Bombers for pick 29, 68

Richmond receive Prestia and pick 24 from the Suns for Pick 6 and the Tigers 2017 2nd Rounder

Richmond reveive Nankervis from Sydney for pick 46

20/10/2016

Suns get Witts from Collingwood for pick 44, 63

Suns receive pick 35, 43 from Dogs for Picks 26 and 80

North receive Hrovat, Dogs 2017 3rd and 4th Rounder from Dogs for North 2017 3rd and 4th rounder

Freo pick up Kersten from Geelong for Pick 63

Cats get Tuohy and Blues 2017 2nd Rounder for Smedts, Pick 63 and the Cats 2017 1st Rounder

Richmond receive Caddy and pick 56 from the Cats for Pick 24 and 64

Swans get Pick 31 from the Giants for Picks 39 and 52

Suns receive Jarryd Lyons and Pick 71 from the Crows for Pick 43 and 67

Melbourne get Pay McKenna and pick 51 from the Giants for Pick 57 and 59

Eagles get Vardy from the Cats for pick 72

Dogs get Cloke from Collingwood for Pick 76

Essendon into James Stewart from the Giants for Pick 77

Geelong get Aaron Black from North for pick 92

Collingwood get Will Hoskin-Elliot from the Giants for the Pies 2017 2nd Rounder

North pick up Marley Williams for a bag of chips (Pick 105)

Collingwood pick up Lynden Dunn and Pick 51 from the Dees for Pick 47

Suns pick up Pick 73 and Dockers 2017 2nd Rounder, Freo get Pick 35, 71 and the Suns 2017 4th Rounder

Saints get Koby Stevens, Pick 61 and the Dogs 4th Rounder, the Dogs get Pick 50 and the Saints 2017 5th Rounder

Carlton receive Rhys Palmer from the Giants for Pick 135

Carlton receive Marchbank, Pickett and the Giants 2017 2nd Rounder, Giants get Pick 45, 58 and the Blues 2017 1st Rounder

Giants get Deledio, Richmond pick up the Giants 2017 1st and 2017 3rd Rounders

Carlton receive Pick 48, 66 and 70 from Hawthorn for the Blues 2017 2nd Rounder

Hawks get Jom, Suns receive Pick 10 and the Blues 2017 2nd Rounder

Port get Pick 14, 17 and 31, Swans pick up Pick 9, 19 and 49

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Jason
      Jason
      Whitfield may well get rubbed out, will be interesting to see how it unfolds.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. walesy
      • Like Like x 4
    3. Len
      Len
      Definitely possible, who knows, feels unlikely given that even if all allegations are correct all he did under the AFL & WADA policies was not correctly notify his location. Again, if all proven correct he attempted to avoid an illicit drug test that didn't exist. Problem will possibly be if that wouldn't have been his first strike, I think.
    4. Jason
      Jason
      I'm confused about our 2017 4th round picks to North and St Kilda. If we gave ours to North in return for theirs (which I believe is what happened), then we must have given North's 2017 4th rounder to St Kilda (for their 5th).
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, there's a bug in it. :D

NM have the Dogs 2017 fourth. STK now own NM's 2017 fourth rounder. Dogs don't have a fourth rounder next year.
    6. Jason
      Jason
      AFL media haven't reported it clearly at any stage unfortunately. Their trade tracker and draft tracker both have us giving away our 2017 4th rounder twice.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Jason
      Jason
      Everyone involved should have just lost their mobile phones, because apparently that would have been the end of it as far as the AFL Integrity Dept would have been concerned.
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Len
      Len
      You have to admit, that's maximising value
    9. walesy
      walesy
      How long til club sanctioned burner phones become a thing?
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Jason
      Jason
      I know it's only Caroline Wilson reporting it this evening, but seems that there is a bit more than just smoke happening here.

There's at least a spot fire going now and depending on the next wind direction, it could end up a full-on bushfire.

Unless Caro is wrong again like when James Hird was(n't) sacked.
    11. Len
      Len
      Yeah not confident of any outcome
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Roy is getting involved. You know it's getting serious when he teams up with Caro
    13. Len
      Len
      Indeed, Masters is an AFL doyen
    14. Jason
      Jason
      So it appears that GAJ wanted a trade back to Geelong over the recent trade period.
      His captaincy is surely untenable.
      Gold Coast are so stuffed.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Len
      Len
      Doesn't look pretty, be interesting to see if Eades has ANY impact this year..
    16. Jason
      Jason
      Was thinking some more about Whitfield situation.

He must have already been on two strikes. Because otherwise it just seems insanely stupid to do what he is alleged to have done.

He couldn't really be that stupid, could he?
      • Like Like x 1
    17. walesy
      walesy
      Might have been made more paranoid by the substances ingested also.

Gubby and Lambert should have been a level head however.
    18. Len
      Len
      Likely either of you is correct, my concern has always been it might have been a 3rd strike issue, but the actions of the officials seem so naive, who knows..
    19. Jason
      Jason
      Len, what is your take on the recently reported likely penalties for Whitfield, Allan and Lambert?
    20. Len
      Len
      I'm pretty solidly against most illicit drugs though I think legalising dope wouldn't hurt.
      Given that I am content with them being sanctioned under rule 2.3, bringing the game into disrepute.
      I'm also happy that the officials copped a bigger whack than a 21 y/o kid who may or may not have been following their advice/instruction.
      I'd have preferred to see Allan hit harder than Lambert as I have no doubt whose idea it would have been.

That contentment would vanish in a fiery explosion if the club were to be sanctioned with draft pick loss for this year.
      I can't see it happening in effect if they were as they would challenge and there isn't time for that process to play out prior to the draft, worst case they challenge and we lose picks for next year, in that even at least we would have time to plan and aggressively trade in picks, which we have the currency to do.
      • Like Like x 1