2016 Auction Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by bryzza, Sep 15, 2015.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

HOLKY wrote:
    <h1 style='color: #3b3b3b; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='color: black; background: transparent;]Ryan Griffen<p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; background: transparent;][/b]#32[/b][span style='background: transparent;] GWS Giants <table border='0' cellpadding='0' style='color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; background: transparent;]
    <td style='width: 97.5pt; margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Age: 29yr <td style='width: 82.5pt; margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Games: 223 <td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Born: Jul. 27th, 1986

<td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Height: 190cm

<p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Average: 91 <td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Weight: 88kgs

<td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 12pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Position: MID
    <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Ryan Griffen is an eclectic midfielder whose move to GWS has seen him maintain his usage with 21 games last year. A former captain at the Western Bulldogs who has maintained his form at his new club. Would make a great spare midfielder or interchange player as he should at least maintain his average next year. <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Looking for a defender or a PSD pick, may also consider MSD picks <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;] [span style='color: black; background: transparent;]Auction ends midnight 17.10.2015 Banchang offers Jeremy Laidler (26yo DEF) and my MSD 1st Rd pick I received from Christmas Island.

2. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

[span style='color: #454545;]Hi Chop and JPK <div style='color: #454545;]
    <div style='color: #454545;]I'm not sure there is any real difference in the end between a 'trade' and an 'auction'. <div style='color: #454545;]
    <div style='color: #454545;]Both result in a trade of players/picks, it is just the process that differs - one is negotiated privately while the other plays out in public. <div style='color: #454545;]
    <div style='color: #454545;]Therefore, to limit the ability of coaches to offer deals in the public forum seems strange to me. It should be left up to the coach who is holding the auction to decide if one deal is superior to another, rather than tying their hands to a single lot. <div style='color: #454545;]
    <div style='color: #454545;]Given we're seeing less trades (and I suspect that trend will continue) I'm not sure we want to make things more difficult. <div style='color: #454545;]
    <div style='color: #454545;]However, I appreciate this is only my understanding/opinion of how things do/should work. If it's in the auction rules (currently on mobile so can't easily find them) or has been previously ruled on that this isn't allowed then I retract my bid. <div>

3. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

JPK wrote:
    I agree with Choppers, and I think we ruled on it last year - an Auction is bidding for the item listed, not a negotiation for other items to be included in the package ('item' used loosely!) Fresh - Not sure this is the best thread. Pretty sure there's a trading thread where you should list available players. If not, then we'll need to create one. Thanks, have set up a new thread with the post.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

This raises a dilemma for me because while I agree that Damo's bid is against the spirit of the auction thread, I also see it as a very good bid considering the circumstances. I want to consider that offer but I still want this to be a fair auction. Therefore I am going to modify the auction: [span style='font-size: 16px;]The new offer is Ryan Griffen AND Pick 44 and I'll extend the auction time to 21/10/2015 20:00 EDST

5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

HOLKY wrote:
    This raises a dilemma for me because while I agree that Damo's bid is against the spirit of the auction thread, I also see it as a very good bid considering the circumstances. I want to consider that offer but I still want this to be a fair auction. Therefore I am going to modify the auction: [span style='font-size: 16px;]The new offer is Ryan Griffen AND Pick 44 and I'll extend the auction time to 21/10/2015 20:00 EDST Having given it some thought... I'll keep the auction at Griffen because I'm sure modifying an auction is against at least a few of the auction rules. Plus, Coolgardie's offer is good as well... so after all that, the Griffen auction continues with Coolgardie having the highest bid: PSD 27 and MSD R1

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Obviously there's a little bit of a conflict with me 'enforcing' rules regarding the Griffen auction. Can someone else please confirm / deny my understanding of the rules, to allow Holky to achieve the best outcome for himself.

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I found this from mid season..... <table width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background-color: #fcfcfc;] <td style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; width: 100%;] <table width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <td class='Forum_PostDetails_Alt' align='left' valign='top' style='text-align: left; width: 100%;] <div id='spCreatedDate' class='Forum_Normal]<a class='Forum_NormalBold' href='http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tabid/91/forumid/22/postid/75730/scope/posts/Default.aspx#75730]2015 Mid-season auctions[/url]
    <td class='Forum_PostButtons_Alt' align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; width: 5%;] <td align='right' valign='middle' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; width: 95%;] <table id='tblCommand_75730' cellspacing='4' cellpadding='0' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left;]Quote <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left;]Reply

<td class='Forum_PostBody_Alt' align='left' valign='top' style='border: 0px; text-align: left; width: 80%;] <table id='tblPostBody75730' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' align='left' border='0' style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; text-align: left; width: 100%;] <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Thought I'd start this one so as to not tie up the completed trade thread. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Rules from pre-season auction period below. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]4. All bids are to be made in the thread, not via PM. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]5. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]6. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]7. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]8. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]9. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]10. Remember, as per the rules you can only trade picks from the next 2 drafts. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Get bidding!

8. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I think it's pretty simple really, the item up for auction was Ryan Griffen, not Ryan Griffen & 44. There's nothing stopping coaches from posting players or picks or both that are available for trade, as Fresh has, and fielding offers for the player(s), the player +, etc.

9. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

choppers wrote:
    I found this from mid season..... <table width='100%' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background-color: #fcfcfc;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; width: 100%; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' class='Forum_PostDetails_Alt' valign='top' style='width: 100%; text-align: left;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spCreatedDate]2015 Mid-season auctions
    <td align='left' class='Forum_PostButtons_Alt' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; width: 5%; text-align: left;] <td align='right' valign='middle' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; width: 95%; text-align: left;] <table id='tblCommand_75730' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='4' cellpadding='0] <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; text-align: left; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px;]Quote <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; text-align: left; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px;]Reply

<td align='left' class='Forum_PostBody_Alt' valign='top' style='border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; width: 80%; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' align='left' id='tblPostBody75730' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentColor; border-image: none; width: 100%; text-align: left;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Thought I'd start this one so as to not tie up the completed trade thread. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Rules from pre-season auction period below. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]4. All bids are to be made in the thread, not via PM. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]5. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]6. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]7. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]8. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]9. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]10. Remember, as per the rules you can only trade picks from the next 2 drafts. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Get bidding!

Hi all, the big Cheese here. As Choppers has posted these were the guidelines/rules set out previously. Good also to see that the Coach has reverted back to what an auction should be the original asset that was up for auction and on the market in its original form. Will be proposing that theabove should be put into the rules so that it's clear what an auction is. Yad ps Sorry it took so long to pop my head in regarding this matter, hell week at work.

10. JPK

YAD69 wrote:

Yad ps Sorry it took so long to pop my head in regarding this matter, hell week at work. Sack the commish... he's too busy with unimportant stuff to focus on the ORFFU! ;-)

11. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

@holky auction ends tonight still?

12. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

YAD69 wrote:
    choppers wrote:
    I found this from mid season..... <table width='100%' style='color: #444444; margin-bottom: 10px; background-color: #fcfcfc;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; width: 100%; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' class='Forum_PostDetails_Alt' valign='top' style='width: 100%; text-align: left;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spCreatedDate]2015 Mid-season auctions
    <td align='left' class='Forum_PostButtons_Alt' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; width: 5%; text-align: left;] <td align='right' valign='middle' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; width: 95%; text-align: left;] <table id='tblCommand_75730' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='4' cellpadding='0] <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; text-align: left; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px;]Quote <td class='Forum_ReplyCell' style='border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; text-align: left; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 0px;]Reply

<td align='left' class='Forum_PostBody_Alt' valign='top' style='border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; width: 80%; text-align: left;] <table width='100%' align='left' id='tblPostBody75730' style='margin-bottom: 10px;' border='0' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px currentcolor; border-image-source: none; width: 100%; text-align: left;] <div class='Forum_Normal' id='spBody] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Thought I'd start this one so as to not tie up the completed trade thread. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Rules from pre-season auction period below. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]4. All bids are to be made in the thread, not via PM. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]5. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]6. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]7. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]8. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]9. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]10. Remember, as per the rules you can only trade picks from the next 2 drafts. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px;]Get bidding!

Hi all, the big Cheese here. As Choppers has posted these were the guidelines/rules set out previously. Good also to see that the Coach has reverted back to what an auction should be the original asset that was up for auction and on the market in its original form. Will be proposing that theabove should be put into the rules so that it's clear what an auction is. Yad ps Sorry it took so long to pop my head in regarding this matter, hell week at work. Hi all, I'll accept that my bid is non-compliant, even though there is no rule that prohibits it. However, I would question whether introducing that rule in future is the best option for the league. <div>
    I maintain that giving coaches flexibility in getting a deal done outweighs any of the negatives (of which I'm still not sure what they are) in allowing 'additional items' in this auction process.

13. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

DamoH, the rules mentioned will be proposed so they could get up or not. I think the main thing was that the player (asset) was on the market in a particular form (i.e. player only) and to change that mid-way through is just not on. On the auction side of things, I don't think I've every been at or heard of an item being auctioned and then it was changed mid-way through (have heard of reverse auctions, just does my head in). Happy for Coaches to have an open trading on a thread where negotiations are transparent. Anyway, I just think that what you posted was a counter offer (i.e. a negotiation) not a bid and shouldneverbe accepted in a regular style auction especially when the asset (player) is on the market. Cheers Yad

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I can extend for up to 48 hours... I'll give everyone til midnight Sunday 18/10/2015. So 1 extra day :D

15. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

HOLKY wrote:
    <h1 style='color: #3b3b3b; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='color: black; background: transparent;]Ryan Griffen<p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; background: transparent;][/b]#32[/b][span style='background: transparent;] GWS Giants <table border='0' cellpadding='0' style='color: #000000; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; background: transparent;]
    <td style='width: 97.5pt; margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Age: 29yr <td style='width: 82.5pt; margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Games: 223 <td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Born: Jul. 27th, 1986

<td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Height: 190cm

<p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Average: 91 <td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 0px; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Weight: 88kgs

<td style='margin: 0px; padding: 0cm; border: 0px; text-align: left; background: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 12pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Position: MID
    <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Ryan Griffen is an eclectic midfielder whose move to GWS has seen him maintain his usage with 21 games last year. A former captain at the Western Bulldogs who has maintained his form at his new club. Would make a great spare midfielder or interchange player as he should at least maintain his average next year. <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;]Looking for a defender or a PSD pick, may also consider MSD picks <p style='color: #000000; margin: 0cm 0cm 7.5pt; background: transparent;][span style='background: transparent;] [span style='color: black; background: transparent;]Auction ends midnight 17.10.2015 The Blowflys up their bid to PSD #29 & Andrew 'Sky' Walker !!... [​IMG]

16. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Just under 4 hours to go and the highest bid still remains Coolgardie with PSD 27 and MSD r1

17. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Just under 4 hours to go and the highest bid still remains Coolgardie with PSD 27 and MSD r1

18. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

HOLKY wrote:
    Just under 4 hours to go and the highest bid still remains Coolgardie with PSD 27 and MSD r1 SF Bullsoffer to PSD 21 & MSD R1 (from Southern Cross) for Ryan Griffen

19. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Pick 18 and Cow Bays msd round 2

20. JPK

Pricks!