2016 Auction Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by bryzza, Sep 15, 2015.

1. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

The heat is on as the snipers come out.

2. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

well well well..........I've had a few beers and I made a promise to myself a little while ago, after a few drunken indiscretions that I wouldn't post again after 9pm.......well I have a few minutes to go....... yad has hit it on the head..............snipers.........everything above board.........BUT........not in the spirit of ORFFU..........if that's the way this League is heading, then i'm not sure that i want to be a part of it going forward...... You blokes have had days to post your bids but you wait til the last few minutes/hrs/seconds, whatever.........knowing damn well that this is a quiet period when ORFFU members don't get online very often...... and all I can hope for is that Holky rejects your latest bids and goes with whoever was interested right from the word go..... Now maybe it's me who is out of line here, and if thats the case so be it, let me know and I'll gladly step aside and let someone else take my place. After whats been going on since the season ended, I can see that certain members here want this to be a 'dynasty' league, a bit like the AFL as it stands now, and NOT a League that tries to be equal for all teams........ But maybe I'm the one who is out of touch with the current AFL world as it stands......maybe I'm the one who needs to move on.... Anyway its well after 9pm now, so I'm not going to say anymore apart from the fact, I'm fast losing interest in this League..... Cheers

3. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Good Morning all, I'd just like to outline the rationale behind my late attempt to win an auction :) As many of you know I have been actively seeking a defender in this trade period and have had negotiations with many coaches. I placed a bid on Griffen earlier in the auction period which for a time met the reserve at the time that was it not willing to go higher. Enter Sunday... which went like this! Up at crack of dawn - nothing new here thanks kids! Morning spent attending local 'Open Gardens' with the family (not a usual Sunday outing) Afternoon spent digging holes for all the plants and trees wife purchased at the open gardens (I know my place - just dig don't ask q's) Got the kids to bed - then went back outside to mow some grass. (As dictated too following encounter with a brown snake during the day) 830pm work is done go inside 9pm dinner 930pm paid some bills (greedy b$#stards) logged in to ORFFU - Holky was gentleman enough to message me stating that Henderson was being traded to Hughenden after I had expressed some interest and had some discussions with him - this was confirmed in the the completed trades thread. Another potential trade gone. This got me thinking of Griffen again - could he become Mid / Def in 2016? possibly which is why I bid in the first place - worst case I could be able to trade him for a Defender given the interest in him. 9:50pm bugger it, i'll have another crack at the man 10pm bed Nothing sinister intended here.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

And the winner of the Ryan Griffen auction is... Staghorn Flat with PSD Pick 21 and Southern Cross's MSD 1

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Guys, lets not get into a slanging match here please. Yeah, I'm p!ssed that I missed out on Griffen in the last few hours, but so be it. That tends to be how auctions work - there's a couple of people leading the charge all the way, only to be trumped at the end by the prick lurking silently in the corner who blind-sides everyone.

6. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

JPK wrote:
    Guys, lets not get into a slanging match here please. Yeah, I'm p!ssed that I missed out on Griffen in the last few hours, but so be it. That tends to be how auctions work - there's a couple of people leading the charge all the way, only to be trumped at the end by the prick lurking silently in the corner who blind-sides everyone. I concur with JPK, whether we like it or not this is how auctions run, last minute / second bids can come in and then it's up to the seller to accept or reject bids. The seller doesn't necessarily have to take the highest offer even when the asset (player) is On the Market”.

If you've ever done eBay sniper” is exactly what it's called someone puts forward a last second bid and my reference was in jest as it should be.

Let's hope we all can get past the pot holes and bumps in the road and remember it is for the fun of Fantasy Football as it's only ORFFU's second year and there'll be things that are still rough around the edges.