2016 MSD Discussion/Trade Tabling Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

@graeme with the forehand winner... takes me out in straight sets

2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

You can't be serious - points scored in the warm up count? @Bandit

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

I've called for new balls... but that has been the case for a number of years now

4. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Be very careful with the one they sell as "luminous" - there is a reason they glow in the dark ;)

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

6. Len

Hope he does well mate, from first hand perspective I can say he is a genuinely lovely young man

• Like Like x 1
  7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I reckon Graeme and bandit mustve gone for a beer or something (maybe a pinot) after their quick tennis match. Bandit sent you his shortlist but G forgot.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

n
    I agree with Len and JC and don't like the idea of extending the draft, especially when an avenue already exists for a coach to re-enter the draft by doing a trade to get the extra pick, allowing them to choose the player they are after. If a coach really wants to get an extra pick their is an option to do so, however they will probably have to give up more than the 28th player on their list to achieve this.

9. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

In the middle of the 2014 season when the Saints said they might target a player from the northern states I thought Membrey was an ideal candidate to fill the third forward role so was pleased when the Saints recruited him. I think the St Kilda long-term plan of Bruce, Membrey and McCartin as the three tall forwards will work quite well. Whilst Membrey is benefitting from Riewoldt's move up the ground if Tim's form wasn't as good as it has been in 2016 the Saints would have been less willing to make this move which probably would have left Membrey and McCartin to battle it out for a spot in the Saints forward line alongside Riewoldt and Bruce.

My selection at 8 came down to Membrey or a ruckman, I wasn't too concerned about a player to play in the ruck this year given that Nankervis is in the Sydney side for the injured Tippet and I have got Jordan Roughead. The next player on my list for my Round 1 MSD pick was Jackson Trengove, Jen did very well to pick him with the last Round 1 selection and he is almost certain to have ruck eligibility in 2017. Was happy to get a ruckman in the second round with Billy Longer, I don't expect Billy to play for the Devils in 2016 given he is still on the sidelines due to concussion but I thought I might as well replace one of the two ruckman I had cut and he was my last option.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

i was gonna have a difficult decision out of Longer and Clay Smith for my last pick, so I was happy you took Longer off the table with the pick before mine DMA.
    I would like another ruck

11. Len

12. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

@Ant @dmandrews - reckon your picks have been real good thus far. I'm going to be in the market for a ruckman come season's end as well - I think that need was in the back of my mind when I got the high PSD draft pick in the trade with Lovely Banks and Jen - I might have to use it on a ruckman.

And yes, Trengove is a sneaky good pick up.

13. chris88

Kade Stewart looks like a good'un @graeme . Nice.

14. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

If you are genuinely looking for a ruck can I remind you of the weekly service the Cows provided - indicating which of our players are ruck eligible. These guys (Sinclair and Campbell) are not cheap but they score a lot better than an oop*0.5. I would only part with one of them so (you know) first come, first served or first up, best dressed if you were part of a large family.

15. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Thanks Chris, the selective rebuild continues. The average age continues to drop; currently eleven guys under 23. It is encouraging to see a guy like Mason Wood (2014 MSD) getting game time and showing a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

Ahern is an interesting one, was tempted myself but didn't because I am trying to lower my orange %

Thing is I don't know he will ever play for us, I think him and Pickett are some chance to be traded without ever having played, both through injury, and both could turn out jets based on their junior footy

17. chris88

I had Ahern lined up at pick 38 to sit at the end of my list and see where he ended up. Reckon it is a good pick from the marsupials.

• Like Like x 1
  18. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

19. Bandit

Good get, he was my other option to McDonald, but rookie list concerned me.

In terms of playing rucks, yes I am sure @graeme is keen to trade on his terms, just don't try and play trade tennis with him!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Len

I PM'd him a while back, but he isn't on our time zone I believe so sure how quickly he will take it