2016 Post Season Trade Discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Sep 6, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Are you saying you want to trade?

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I think I'm good ta :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Some slightly random thoughts from Cowland.

Titch to Hawthorn - fine with that, possibly will be better appreciated by Clarko than Horse
    Howe gets more opportunities with SMitch and Lewis leaving Hawthorn - fine with that, might have happened anyway
    Vickery to Hawthorn - fine with that, Griffiths is the anointed one (yes, Hawks paid way overs)
    Sinclair gets more opportunities with Nankervis to Richmond - fine with that, was probably ahead of Nanks anyway
    Wood gets more opportunities after mass "retirements" at Norf - fine with that, Scott running out of reasons not to play him

Pretty dull afl trade period from our perspective. "The Cows are much more trade amenable than Carlton" - Bryce Gibbs October 2016. :p

• Like Like x 4
  4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

From Spelunkers point of view only minor impacts:

Upside:
    Defence gets big reinforcements with Cale Hooker and Jackson Thurlow returning from a year out
    Jarrod Pickett to Carlton gives him a chance to break into a side... kids is a jet if he can get fit (Hence why GWS took him at Pick 4)

Downside:
    Swallow will get even more attention at Norf
    Honeychurch not being traded hurts a little

5. snoz

snoz Moderator

Last year the Hoppers had Sunshine McCarthy go awol cos he was homesick - this year Jono Marsh had done the same.
    I dunno......something about this Y Generation in Oz. You never hear these young NFL footballers over here needing to run home to Ma & Pa.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Vultures player movement during the AFL trade period was

- Crameri and Watson return
    - Cloke to Dogs
    - Lids to GWS
    - Jaeger to Hawks

No real negatives except maybe B.Ah Chee not finding a move, hopefully Crameri and Jobe come back firing

• Like Like x 1
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

The big one for the Battlers, though not unexpected, is the retirement of Enright. Looking for one of our fringe guys to step up and partially cover his loss. Beyond that I only had:

- Mayne to the Pies. Was playing already, just not that well. Fingers crossed he gets back to his previous form with a change of scenery.
    - Green likely to be a delisted free agent. I imagine he'll get a gig somewhere. Time will tell.

There are a couple of Battlers who should see better opportunities following their team's trading, and a couple who might see less. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Bump

9. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Lefties still scratching their heads over the impacts of trade period.

Direct movements
    Lewis to Melb - potential for slight increase, likely to retain status quo
    Smitch to WCE - expect he gets thrown in the guts, may hold his avg but bracing for a double hit as points are
    spread further and he and Prid take a dip.
    Wells to Pies - big drop, Pies have no defenders so he'll end up in back pocket no doubt ;)

Fallout from direct movements
    Lloyd - the departure of TMitch could have some big spin offs for Lloyd, only thing standing between him and a 15 point increase is Heeney
    Langford - three out and two in at the Hawks means points aplenty on offer. Smith, Shiels, Hartung, ORourke and the new boys will all be scrambling, fingers crossed this premiership kid can put his hand up.
    Scooter - yeah I get it, he can tag. Get with the times Scott, Caddy's gone, let Scooter shine like he once did.
    Taberner - McCarthy and Kersten arrive to put some heat on, has been average for a while, can't get any worse bar being dropped completely. Yep, that's probably what will happen.
    Joey - Saints need Joey to keep doing Joey stuff. Middle, halfback, occasional cameo up fwd, irreplaceable machine

All in all, some potential for improvement but realistically expecting an overall drop in output.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Never a bad thing for us bottom feeders... now if ChiefBet and Steel Pants would do the same it would be appreciated

• Like Like x 2
  11. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Don't worry about me...I haven't won a flag in ages.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Len

As you approach the draft and start reading and watching the profiles of the elite players on offer, a small reminder that we are open to DG pick 2 to two picks in the first round.

13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Not sure how large your target market is Len. Intriguing that you want to move away from pick 2 while GWS have traded up to pick 2. What do you know that the club's recruiters dont? :p

• Like Like x 2
  14. Len

Plenty of pick trading likely to happen between now and our draft, I prefer to look at it as a dynamic market :)

Drafting for totally different teams, I wouldn't mind having the whole giants squad to work with, might change my draft/trade strategy too

• Like Like x 1
  15. snoz

snoz Moderator

I'm with you Graeme - Len is up to shenanigans !!

• Like Like x 4
  16. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

With the delist thread opening, worth giving this thread a mention, might be worth posting who you're contemplating cutting here first to see if you can get something for them

Thank me later xx

• Like Like x 3
  17. Len

Posting here till Fitzy gets the proper thread up and running.

Misfits trade Lachie Weller (Fwd Freo) to the Lefties for Jake Lloyd (Def Syd)

• Like Like x 1
  18. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I've delisted two retirees and am listening to offers,for Pick 3 in the draft. A midfielder or ruckman are priorities I think.

• Like Like x 1