2016 Pre Season Auction Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Auctons open at 12:00AM on Feb 1st, with a pause on 5th of March.

Auction rules:
    1. All players or picks to be auctioned should be listed with a closing day/time.

2. All players or picks being auctioned cannot be pulled before that day/time.

3. No asset being auctioned should be the subject of private trade negotiations nor used as part of a bid in another auction, until the auction of the asset has reached it's conclusion/closing time, with or without a sale.

4. Stating a reserve, or a preferred return type for the auctioned asset is voluntary.

5. The reserve is not reached on any asset until the seller says so.

6. Once a reserve has been reached the seller has the option to adjust the auction length, but to no less than 48 hours, or the end of the trade period, whichever is the lesser.

7. As soon as practical after receiving multiple bids on an asset the seller should indicate whom is in front, any reasoning is optional.

8. All auctions are final and irreversible unless via subsequent mutually agreed trade.

ADDED
    9. Once a bid is tabled the bid is live until reject OR deemed beaten by the person conducting the auction, it cannot be materially altered once tabled.

10. No bid can be conditional on outcomes not directly related to the auction at hand.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

I'll kick things off here. The player Wagga Wagga would like to put up for auction is Dylan Roberton, DEF, St Kilda. Aged at only 24, Roberton had a breakout year in 2015 averaging 91 from 20 games. Roberton flourished in his run-and-carry role from half-back, averaging 20.7 disposals per game on his way to nine 90+ scores and five tons. Having now played 84 career games, Roberton will remain one of the key men in the inexperienced Saints' backline, using his precise kicking skills and intercept marking to give his side the upper hand.

I am preferably looking for a very good midfielder (95-105ave) with good SC scoring history, or a very good forward (90-95ave) also with a history of scoring well. Otherwise, looking forward to considering all offers. Auction closes Sunday (FEB 7) at 11:59pm. Bid away!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

OK, I've talked about it a couple of times so I may as well get it up and going.

Lovely Banks is auctioning Pick #2 in the coming draft.

What do I want - there's two options:

1 - A very good playing ruckman who will carry the ruck at the Lilacs into the future. A couple of years ago, Todd Goldstein was traded for a very high draft pick, so that might be a guide.

2 - A package of a decent ruckman and a decent midfielder, both getting senior games at their clubs.

Auction will close this Saturday, February 6 at 6pm Melbourne time.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Misfits offer up for auction Elliot Yeo, only 22 yrs of age and avg 82 last year, word is he will be played a mid this year which should boost his avg considerably..
    In return we are looking for a quality fwd or ruck, but more likely top 6 PSD pick.
    Auction ends Friday 6th Feb 10pm.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  5. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

I'll offer Aaron Vandenberg for Yeo because I don't have the draft pick or ruckman to satisfy you.

6. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

I'll offer up Bernie Vince for Dylan Roberton

7. Len

That's an almost for me chief, I rate him and would love to have him but think he is shaded by Yeo at this stage, Yeo is a lock in best 22 whereas Melbourne's best 22 isn't as easy to gauge for me at least, I think he'd be in it, but there is a bench risk with him that is absolutely not the case with Yeo.

8. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I'll offer Jamie Cripps for Yeo

9. Len

May be just personal preference but I'd have Vandenberg ahead of Cripps, as a sainter I have some bias against him to be honest

10. Bandit

Fine with me.... averages for Yeo and Cripps are almost like for like and I think they both offer upside. I'll move on :)

11. Len

The "McCarthy-itus" in any young player seriously pisses me off, it's called a national draft for a reason

• Like Like x 1
  12. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

I'll offer Jarryd Blair, averaged 87 up until the half way mark of last year before Collingwoods form dropped off and he started carrying an ankle injury and his form dropped with it.

13. Len

Cheers mate, but I think we may have seen his ceiling and it isn't inspiring

14. Len

For a frame of reference, Yeo went at pick 69 in a virgin draft here
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-inaugural-draft-thread.89225/
    I'm not offering up average, I don't expect it back

15. Bandit

3rd full season, average of 82, with 60's the previous 2 years...I reckon he has upside but he's hardly a Patrick Cripps.

Late 4th round in a virgin draft is not bad... but again, it's a gamble.

But hey, you have your reserve, I hope it gets met :D

16. Len

You're just pissed 'cause I don't like your crisps :p

His "previous 2 years" included his draft year and his 2nd, kind of likely they'd be low really..

SLOT HIM IN:Elliot Yeo (Defender / Midfielder — $443,300)

Yeo was a SuperCoach revelation through a mid-season purple patch in 2015, notching five 100+ scores in the space of nine games. But when he was asked to plug a hole in his side’s injury-hit backline, his scoring output understandably declined. With West Coast’s defensive unit set to return to full strength, we should see more of Yeo through the middle, which should mean plenty more nice scores from the dual-position prospect.
    http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...s/news-story/0c89eab63475a2cfa620c4e48f8ec2e4

&
    When pondering the players I’d love to find under the tree this coming Christmas morn, Elliot Yeo was a name that jumped out at me right from the start. Why? Simply, it’s the great combination of breakout potential and defender eligibility.

Maybe it’s just a bit of leftover anxiety from having an absolutely barren backline in the first year of the FP Expert League but ever since I’ve had a compelling need to make the backline the cornerstone of my fantasy teams, and in Yeo I see a player who could be one of the top fantasy defenders in the competition in 2016.

In 2015 Yeo split his time between the backline and the midfield, and while he definitely played his best footy in the midfield, his height (190cm) meant he was often used in the backline while the Eagles did what they could to cope with season-ending injuries to Eric Mackenzie and Mitch Brown.

Ultimately, the season saw Yeo finish with an average of 78 points per game from 21 appearances – handy, but hardly elite.

However, he did get a decent patch of time where he was able to spend most of his game time in the midfield or up forward from Round 4 through till Round 17. He averaged 96 points from 12 games in this period, and had just three scores below 80.

His peak came against the Gold Coast in Round 7, where he recorded 29 disposals, nine marks, six tackles and four goals for a massive 150 fantasy points.

When he’s allowed to roam free in the midfield and up forward he’s elite – a great marker, but willing to do the hard stuff as well, and more than capable of boosting his score with a few quick goals. I don’t like to make big comparisons too often, but there’s a little bit of Nat Fyfe in the way he goes about his footy when off the chain.

In season 2016, with Mackenzie and Brown back to full fitness and holding down the key posts in West Coast’s backline, my tip is Yeo will finally be free to play the role he’s best at, and his fantasy scoring should benefit a great deal from this. And the great thing is, he spent enough time back last year that he should retain that position.

An average of 90+ in 2016 is very attainable, and will make him an elite fantasy defender. That’s my kind of Christmas present!
    http://footyprophet.com/twelve-days-christmas-day-3-elliot-yeo/

As a random google sample suggests thou art being unjust thou swine

17. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Patrick <> Jamie. :D

• Like Like x 2
  18. Lenny120

I pondered over this for a while CR but I've decided that it doesn't meet the reserve. It was the age gap between the two that didn't quite get it over the line.

19. Lenny120

Wagga Wagga are putting a second player up for auction. A player who needs no introduction; Jobe Watson, MID, Essendon.

Auction ends Thursday 11th February at 11:59pm AEDT.

20. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Ok, this guy may not meet the "quality" definition but his stocks have certainly risen in light of the Roughy dilemma.

Bidding Jonathan Ceglar for Yeo.