2016 pre season trade thread

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Feb 15, 2016.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

It's looking like people are happy with either just me, or with jamabadar, bearfly and I being commissioners... so we thought we better get the trade period started, because there seems to have been a lot of interest.

The trade period will open at midnight tonight, Monday Feb 15th night.
    It will run for 1 month, and therefore close at midnight on the night of Tuesday March 15th.

Trades can involve players and/or draft picks (from either/both the 2016 MSD and/or the 2017 PSD).
    There must be an equal number of players on either side of the trade, i.e. 1 for 1, 2 for 2, 3 for 3, and so on...

When a trade is agreed between the parties, one coach is to post it in the '2016 pre season completed trades' thread, and the other coach/es party to the trade should "like" the comment to confirm they approve.

Anyone can veto a trade if they do not think it is fair.
    A trade is canceled and reversed, if said trade has more than 3 other coaches veto it within a week of it being posted in the '2016 pre season completed trades' thread.

This thread can be used for any and all discussions regarding trades. Private messages are fine too of course :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

I had this long-ass post that I did this morning and then things went pear shaped and it didn't bloody upload....
    in summation - please tell me that this equal number trade restriction BS is only applicable for this particular trade period due to it being after inaugural draft? surely theres enough restrictions around the trading window that this isn't enforced moving forward?

• Like Like x 2
  3. anthak

Yes, just for this trade period. Just to ensure squads stay at 30 without having to worry about delists

Also, to avoid any doubt, its only players that need to be equal. You can trade any number of draft picks

• Like Like x 1
  4. insider

yep awesome. I assumed so but highlighting a point before it becomes an issue is a good thing. thanks commish Ant :cool:
    :thumbsu:

5. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I am confused has to how equal players in trading is bullshit? Be a bit awkward with no FA for teams to suddenly by on 29/31 players in a squad?

So it seems straightforward why certain trade periods would require 1:1 player trading.

• Like Like x 1
  6. insider

Another wonderfully positive and useful post there champ. Are you seriously going to continue these passive aggressive comments to start flame wars? There's just no need pal. What are you trying to achieve? Does it make you feel good to be this way? Disharmony isn't constructive for anyone. It appears you are holding onto some sort of issue so again I implore you to take this up privately out of respect for people who just come here for fun and relaxation, not thinly veiled abuse. Be an adult.

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The 29ers are happy with the balance of our 30 player squad but are willing to listen to any reasonable trade offers during the current trade period. We value durable players and are OK with getting a little younger through a trade but not older.

We are also OK with trades involving 2016 MSD picks or 2017 PSD but would we looking to trade up in either draft rather than down. We value 2017 PSD picks quite a bit more highly than 2016 MSD picks.

If you see a weakness on our list and have a surplus in that position that you think might assist, let me know what you might want in return.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/black-swamp-29ers-team-thread.89097/

Cheers TTH

8. anthak

by the way, I am open to any offers/proposals, however I am not particularly looking to trade. Im fairly happy with my squad.

If anything, I wouldn't mind another decent mid, and Ive got a fair few forwards, so I could probably swap a fwd for one of your mids if that would work.

9. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Do you even look at what you post? You're embarrassing yourself.

You called it bullshit, and still haven't bothered to explain how not creating squad imbalances for the upcoming season is a bad thing.

I don't see anyone else championing that either.

Get that pineapple or whatever it is stuck up your backside out. I've known 2 year olds who can engage more constructively and maturely than whatever pathetic excuse you call this posting. Take your advice that you seem so easy to dish out: grow up.

10. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Mt Thirsty Boozers is open to all offers, all players are on the table if the price is right. I have plenty of forwards if anyone has a deficiency they are looking to correct.

Looking for a half decent defender if anyone is shopping.

11. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

The Glow Worms are looking for a Defender for the upcoming season, they are always looking for young talent also. So anyone in the older age ranges are open for approaches....

12. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

In fact, I'm going to put it out there the following players are actively available (for reasonable offers) looking for young talent and/or draft picks.

Available:
    Gary Ablett
    Stefan Martin
    Kade Simpson
    Pearce Hanley
    Craig Bird
    Jed Anderson

I will certainly talk about any other players as well!

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Wedge Island is open to trade offers - just don't bother asking about Ollie though because nobody has enough arms, legs and vital organs to sweeten any deal involving Quadzilla :p

Mrs Bear has also said she is open to offers, but be warned, she can be a tougher cookie than me!!!

14. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. anthak

Reminder that the trade deadline is tonight at midnight:
    And veto period is a whole week for this trade period: