2016 Prediction Thread!

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 28, 2016.

By walesy on Feb 28, 2016 at 11:08 AM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, put it on the line here for fame, ridicule and all time. Extra points for bold predictions that come true. :D

LADDER
    1. WEagles
    2. Freo
    3. Geelong
    4. Dogs
    5. Hawthorn
    6. Collingwood
    7. Sydney
    8. Richmond

9. GWS
    10. Port
    11. North
    12. Gold Coast
    13. Adelaide
    14. Melbourne
    15. St Kilda
    16. Brisbane
    17. Carlton
    18. Essendon

Premiers: Hawthorn
    Runner up: Eagles
    Brownlow: Dangerfield
    Coleman: Kennedy
    Rising Star: Mills
    Richmond finals wins: 0
    1st Coach gone: Scott

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      So you do not support a real club. Just anyone based in West Australia will do.
      Strange but fair enough if that is your strange view.
    2. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      So to clarify - I would be prepared to see Freo beat WCE in a Grand final (once & just once only for all time), if it meant I could see a WCE & Freo Grand Final.

During derbies, it is me for West Coast and the wife, son & sister-in-law all going for Freo. I take great delight when we win and normally get banished from the room when WCE win (just like when the big brother smashes up the little brother) and I thoroughly hate it when we lose.

That said, your comment is fair. (I think along the lines of you always want your little brother to do well).

I admit I have a fairly strong anti-Victorian bias (many, many years in the making) that overrides the WCE-Freo rivalry.
      I suppose it is just an extended variant on the "anybody but Collingwood" feeling.:)

However as a Garlic Muncher fan, there is no way I will cheer for East Perth in the WAFL, even though they are now the Eagles feeder team (that also causes conflicting emotions when EP play Peel)

No offence taken and no offence intended. Hopefully this makes things a bit clearer.

P.S. For the irony lovers - the original name for West Perth when they started way back in 1885 was the "Victorians" :(
    3. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I never wanted my little brothers team to do well...ha ha ha.
      Also do not go with anybody but Collingwood feeling.
      If my little bros team was playing Collingwood and I am at the game, (once it happened) I was hoping Collingwood won that day.

That is funny about West Perth original nick name.
      There was also a time when South Melbourne here were called the Foreign Legion I believe because they had quite a few West Aussies playing for them.

Never cared much whom my club plays in a grand final. As long as we win that is all that matters. No way would I ever be prepared to concede some other team beating us. Have too strong a passion for my own club to imagine such a notion. Never cared much which state a club was from that is involved in the match against us. Whether we beat West Coast, Richmond, Collingwood or Essendon at the G in any finals game, all that matters is my team be winning the flag or one stepper closer to it.
      Might have to wait a good five or six years to be in that position again.
      I did enjoy the first steps of Harry McKay, Jack Silvagni and Jacob Weitering last week. Lots to work with for the next decade there.
    4. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Think this is a tough year, with questions on whether some teams can sustain their jump up the ladder (like West Coast, Bulldog, Richmond, Adelaide) older teams can maintain theirs (Hawthorn, Freo, Sydney, North), others can bounce back (Port, Geel) or those on the improve can push up (GWS, GC, Coll). Melbourne, Brisbane and the Saints are meant to be winning more too, are any of them going to do what Western Bulldogs did last season?

For me the ladder will be like:

Hawthorn
      West Coast
      Fremantle
      Richmond
      Sydney
      Geelong
      Adelaide
      Port Adelaide
      -------
      North Melbourne
      Western Bulldogs
      GWS
      Collingwood
      Gold Coast
      Melbourne
      St. Kilda
      Brisbane
      Carlton
      Essendon

Premiers: Fourthorn
      Runner Up: West Coast
      Brownlow: Dangerfield
      Coleman: Josh J. Kennedy followed by Gunston
      Rising Star: 1. Mills 2. Oliver 3. Steele
      First Sacked: North's Scott. Tough one If using my ladder as a guide, Eade in danger too but maybe Saints get tired of Richardson or Brissie with Leppitsch.

Essendon will prove that their game against the Eagles isn't a one off and further show they shouldn't have been playing for premiership points this season and getting awarded with the #1 draft pick (the calls for this will get louder with every loss).

Biggest surprise: Eddie Maguire manages to go almost half the season without saying something else outrageous.
      Biggest non-surprise: Channel 7 commentary manages to lower their own bar set last season.
    5. RPritch
      RPritch
      St Kilda will definitely not sack Richardson this year, he is a very good coach who will improve them well for a further while. I hope your biggest surprise comes true, but I think it is one of those few certainties in life that he will say something outrageous/stupid with great frequency
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      The current coaching situation is so...stable though, something has got to give, no matter how likeable some teams coaches are. GCS/RIC/NTH all having sub-par seasons could add pressure on their coaches and what happens if Brisbane and Saints stall rather than show signs of improvement? Carlton will want to give time to their coach and Roos is already leaving Melbourne anyway so can't see anything drastic happening there. Not a lot of options this year.
    7. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      I feel bad having Fremantle having predicted as 7th.
      Then I browsed other predictions and seems like every other man and his dog had Fremantle even higher and had Richmond a top 4 contender. I feel better after that seeing so far I look to have 7 of the top 8 correct.

Predicting Geelong as premiers and North runners up is going where I thought it was.