2016 Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Some big scores coming through this week.

I got a 2299 with Captain Danger dragging me down so in pretty happy there.

Not too sure what I'm doing with Barlow, but something Ross said makes me feel that holding him might be the way to go.

Dunno though, think I need to get in JJ this week.

Bah, lots to think about, looking forward to reading the discussions.

Will get the stats up when I can.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Personally I was hoping for a 3-4 week injury to Rocky, sort of force my hand. Now i'm stuck in no mans land with both Barlow and Rocky, but not wanting to miss out on Papley and his cash creation. Very important week for me and I'd think many others.?.?
      • Like Like x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      I find it very hard to trade a player e.g Barlow who will most certainly play round 3. Rockliff however poses a different Q it is wait and see how long and if he will be out. Burning trades at this stage are surely rage driven, as such must be considered carefully.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. lukus
      lukus
      Nothing wrong with Barlow to Papley. Use some of the Cash to upgrade Rocky to an 'uber-prem' that you don't have (Fyfe/Danger/Priddis) or go Rocky to a Parker/Zaharakis type and bank the cash for a couple of weeks and use it to finance an early upgrade of a rookie that's almost maxed out to a fallen prem heading into R5.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    4. Crafty Yarni
      Crafty Yarni
      must be your first year playing sc. rage trading, you call it, please ....i'm giggling. round 3 is the perfect opportunity to use 2 of your trades. getting the right rookies now is a must so we can upgrade to " whoever". the only thing I can think of is that you have no interest with the overall prize and will focus on league wins
      Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
      • Like Like x 5
    5. lukus
      lukus
      My thoughts exactly!

Merrett was always going to be a future fantasy gun but it seems that the suspensions at Essendon have fast-tracked things. I haven't seen the Bombers yet this year but can anyone enlighten us on Merrett? Is he being played as a genuine on-baller?

After Rocky and Barlow's games on Saturday, my original thoughts were Barlow > Merrett, Rocky > Danger but I was about $5K short. My next thought was Priddis but now reading everyone's thoughts on here I am tempted by Parker.

Barlow > Merrett, Rocky > Parker would leave me with $115K, providing me with much more flexibility for future trading.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Yes. There's no injury concern over Barlow, and he showed form in the NAB, so I think it's best to hold at least to see what happens with Freo and how he plays when they win again.

If there's an obvious rookie that people are missing, then they should focus their trades in that direction.
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      I have a couple of options i need to trade 2 of 3 players Barlow looks to be leaking cash quicker than the titanic took on water, Rocky injured and also leaking big time (might be black listed next season along with others in previous years), finally Rich who has proved he cant handle the tag. Wanted to pick up 2 of 3 players (depending on who i punt). Hall, Papley or Adams.
      Option 1 - Barlow - Adams, Rocky - Papley (using dpp link to send either dalhaus wells kerridge kennedy menadue to mids)

option 2 - Rich - Adams, Barlow - Hall

option 3 - Barlow - Hall - Rich - Adams

option 4 - Any other options
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 6
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Those two cash cows are worth a lot.

If Hall scores a solid 130, he's still only going to rise half what those other two will.

Is there a Barlow/Rich -> Adams/Papley option? :D

That said, Barlow/Rocky. It's a dilemma that's hitting everyone. Trade or no? Keeping either of them will likely become a massive pod- Does that mean you have to trade them to reduce the risk?
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Owen
      Owen
      Like a lot of people I've got Rockliff and Barlow, but will probably hold both of them. I've also got most of the good rookies, except for Papley - who I will trade in for Gresham this round. The question is, how do people see Parish going this year, is he a must have?

Option 1: >85 average
      Option 2: 75-85
      Option 3: 65-74
      Option 4: <65
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    10. RPritch
      RPritch
      Option 2 seems the most likely, but it is hard to tell. I will be one that doesn't have him and doesn't get him in even though I would like to. He would be a great in imo but I think Papley in is a bigger priority and for me Rocky out is a bigger priority too
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Agreed RPritch.

Out
      Rocky/Petracca

In
      Parker/Papley

I'll give Barlow another week I reckon. See if what Ross is saying holds water. But Rocky is injured and playing forward.
      • Like Like x 3
    12. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      Yeah Barlow is the one for me as well ... what happened to his form? Has Ross been using him outside of the midfield?
      My dilemma is i haven't got either of Papley or ben kennedy.
      Currently i've traded barlow for Kennedy however this only leaves me with Hall/Dahlhaus/Wells as my top 3 FWD players and the rest are rookies. I'd also have a large sum of cash 300k sitting there doing diddly squat My options are:
      1. trade barlow - get kennedy
      2. trade barlow get papley.
      3. Double trade and get them both in.
      4. Hold fire!
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 8
    13. walesy
      walesy
      Cash generation is king. Gotta get the Benjamins

A couple of quick notes about Barlow's game.

1 effective disposal from 6 in the first half. 3 centre bounces attendances, none in the 2nd half

He didn't record a disposal inside the defensive 50 alongside Pav and Sandy.

Whatever his role has been- it's awful on the fantasy front.
      • Like Like x 4
    14. Len
      Len
      Looking at two correctives this week, Gresham to Libba and Ibbotson to JJ
      Happy with the rookies I have
      • Like Like x 3
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Yeah I think Rocky has to go for sure, Barlow was obviously brought as a keeper but looks far from that at the moment.....could wait it out but if he continues in the same vein then we start losing a lot of flexibility in who he can be traded for
    16. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Two very solid moves there Len
      • Like Like x 1
    17. TheTassieHawk
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Thanks for posting Tass.

teehee hee
      • Like Like x 2
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Just a quick note to you donors out there-

I fixed up the spready download so that it doesn't have the white space up the top anymore.

ksssss.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      Yeah agree regarding Rocky and Barlow. However if Rocky doesn't play this week I'd be more tempted to hold him if I could as his price wont drop yet. I am tossing up changing my structure in trading Barlow out for Papley which would give me enough to trade Mitch Brown to JJ, and also leave 135k in the bank.
      • Like Like x 1