2016 Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 3, 2016 at 8:11 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Some big scores coming through this week.

I got a 2299 with Captain Danger dragging me down so in pretty happy there.

Not too sure what I'm doing with Barlow, but something Ross said makes me feel that holding him might be the way to go.

Dunno though, think I need to get in JJ this week.

Bah, lots to think about, looking forward to reading the discussions.

Will get the stats up when I can.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 3, 2016.

1. rory_braker
      rory_braker
      So a 'friend of mine' thought it would be a good idea to go with both Leuenberger AND Lobbe this year - thinking that if one spudded the other could slot in and then downgrade the spud to a missed rookie in the forward line.

I think 'he' needs to trade out Rocky (r/f to Palpey, Rocky to Priddis) this week so who to drop from the ruck?
      My gut thought is Leuey. Any help appreciated.

TU Leuey
      TD Lobbe
      • Like Like x 8
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    2. traviso
      traviso
      I think you dump Luey too. More injury prone? More reserves testing/competition if form/performances don't improve. No competition for Lobbe.

3. traviso
      traviso
      "Fix" / sideways a premium or don't bother?

Got Bartel, Rocky, Barlow, Gawn, Z.Smith?

Only rookie i think i've missed is Papley and thinking of trading Gresham out for him.

Don't believe in trading out a premium for a rookie, will just be trading back up later.
    4. RPritch
      RPritch
      Definitely do Gresham to Papley and definitely trade 1 of your struggling premiums this week.
      I'd be holding onto Bartel, Gawn and Z.Smith while you've got the more pressing concerns of Barlow and Rocky. Out of these two the first one I'd get rid of is Rocky, but you could go with Barlow instead
      • Like Like x 2
    5. mobya
      mobya
      I'll be holding onto The Barlow Group this week - about to become a great POD and I think he can turn it around
      • Like Like x 2
    6. mobya
      mobya
      I have Z Smith as well, given the structural reasons I picked him, I'll be giving him more time.
      Last week he got toweled up against Mummy, this week he may struggle against Martin; but after that Cats play Bombers, Port and GC - all teams he could go well against. Happy to see it play out for a bit longer.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. Ratmata
      Ratmata
      Im keeping Rocky for another week. Gresham to Papley (Kerridge into Mid), then BarLOW to Zaharakis (Kerridge back into FWD).
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Rocky now confirmed to miss 2 games.
      I agree, fixing other problems are more of a priority before prices change. If no other problems, then trading Rocky is almost a given this week.
      The trades youve proposed seem solid
    9. benny01
      benny01
      I'd already traded him. Something wasn't right with him. I do hope he can return to the Supercoach great that he is.
      But he had been injured through the NAB and was carrying injury into the opening weeks of the season. I was too convinced by his cheap price. Hindsight tells me I should have been harder on him.
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    11. Nick
      Nick
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Nice one tassie. Think that locks in my Petracca to Papley trade.

Pet will be perfect for the downgrade period.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      A round 5 debut for Petracca would mean being on the bubble in Round 7 and a possible upgrade/downgrade for 2 rookies with 4 price rises (Rds3,4,5,6) or perhaps a downgrade only for a dud/injured rookie. It could well be a week or two later which would be OK with me provided there is at least one decent downgrade option earlier (Keays?).

I think the SCers most impacted are those currently carrying Petracca as a loophole. Some will want him in soon while others will want him to come in much later.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. BigRon81
      BigRon81
      • Like Like x 4
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Slipped in a player search into the nav bar.

Long overdue.
      • Like Like x 8
    16. Senator96
      Senator96
      Is best buys going to feature this year? That was always a good read
    17. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Piss off Ross. Perhaps he's just foxing?

[​IMG]
    19. walesy
      walesy
      It was, but sadly, BB has found himself lacking the time this year to continue on with the Best Buys :(
    20. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Yeah its always hard to tell with him Walesy, all smoke and mirrors with a healthy dose of BS, saying that however I was leaning towards shipping him and now I have one foot in the definite camp