2016 Round 3 Trade Talk

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 7, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 7, 2016 at 3:25 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Righteo, in the absence of BB, we have the thumbs.

Or the 1-2-3-4-5 votes.

Or both!

Or tea leaves.

Either way we do it, we all have decisions to make.

And if you're like most of us, it's all about Rocky and Barlow.

And Papley.

• Option 1 Option 1 x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    • Option 5 Option 5 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 7, 2016.

1. shooganoooga
      shooganoooga
      Couldn't bring myself to put Waite in, misses too many games for being a knob
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Me too.

Two years ago, Jackson Merrett started off on fire, just like the two options that you are considering. After three rounds he had an average of 103 and made a $116k profit by round 5 ($266k to 382k).

He didn't score above 80 for the rest of the year and by season end, his average was 59 and his price was lower than at the start of the season, rock bottom $220k.
    3. shooganoooga
      shooganoooga
      certainly a chance for a similar outcome, some confidence from the fact that he scored well when they got belted round 1
    4. RPritch
      RPritch
      Zac Merrett is simply a star player though, can't see any reason why he would have a significant dip in form at all
      • Like Like x 1
    5. sleeprequired
    6. sleeprequired
      sleeprequired
      needs advice for below, also not sure how you make the options show up?

Option 1 - OUT: Barlow/Rockliff, IN: Kennedy, Gray - 268k in bank - Reliable robby with great VC option tonight and enjoy the game factor. No Less cash, more fun on friday night, more reliable score - no supercoach 'mirage'. Or;

Option 2 - OUT: Barlow/Rockliff, IN: Kennedy, Johannisen - 461 in bank - more cash, risk if johanissen bombs against the hawks and will have to VC loop say ablett, danger perhaps.
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
    7. Owen
      Owen
      I'm sticking with Rockliff and Barlow this week and double trading my mid price selections that haven't lived up to my expectations. Jack Steele and Brad Crouch out, Papley and Parish in. How JJ goes against the hawks will determine whether he gets into my side next week
      • Like Like x 1
    8. walesy
      walesy
      Fantasy AFL

upload_2016-4-8_18-5-9.png

upload_2016-4-8_18-5-20.png

*pats back*

Yep, perfect.
      • Like Like x 6
    9. lukus
      lukus
      Zach and Jackson are like chalk and cheese. Jackson is purely an outside player and and is just not in the same class. Zach averaged 88 last year in his second season, playing as a forward who rotated through the middle every now and then. I watched a replay of the Bombers-Demons game yesterday and whenever an umpire threw the ball up, Zach was there. Through necessity, he's part of Essendon's first string clearance set-up.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. danny_mack
      danny_mack
      I've been spooked out of trading Barlow with the withdrawal of mundy.
      Don't make me regret it Mr barlow (and you as well Ross)
    11. JohnJohn3232
      JohnJohn3232
      Thumbs up: Rocky > Merrett, Gresham > Parish
      Thumbs Down: Rocky > Danger, Barlow > Parish
      Vote 1: Just Rocky > Parker
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Have you seen the team he plays for? They can't play a Headless Hogan'd Melbourne every week.
    13. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm not saying he's going to maintain the average of 120+, but will end the season with an average of an absolute minimum of 95 and a max of about 105. My guess is 98-100 average for the season if he remains uninjured, but it's only a guess
    14. RPritch
      RPritch
      Also, I don't see how the fact he plays for Essendon is going to hinder his scoring, if you're good enough you score well under any circumstances (ie: shit team, stacked team of guns, pushed to the forwardline/backline for a bit and opposition all won't make sure a player scores terribly if they're guns)
    15. lukus
      lukus
      99 tonight (128 DT). 28 touches, 8 tackles, 3 1%ers. Was on 12 at QT due to butchering the footy and Port were 6 goals up so his score was scaled accordingly. On the negative side were his 5 clanger disposals. I think he is the real deal.
      • Like Like x 1
    16. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      If you think he's going to average 95 henceforth (post-Rd2) then from a current average of 120, that means he'd be scoring significantly less in order to bring that average down. So have to be wary of chasing points.

He's certainly profiting from the lack of competition in the side. I'm still not going to be surprised when he regresses back to the mean.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1