2016 Round Review: Round 5

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2016.

By walesy on Apr 25, 2016 at 7:33 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Oh Fyfe, you were my captain.

You led me to a 2048 and now you are gone.

Sigh.

How'd the rest of you go?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      If I replace Fyfe to anther Mid I'm looking at Selwood and waiting on Ablett/Pendle to show a bit more and I'm not sold they are fully fit. If just on best price and low BE I would go Sloane but I don't have him been a top 8 mid so will pass.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      Further to the Fyfe situation I'm asking do we have to replace him this week? Are other lines more important?

If you have better cover in the mids (Kerrige, Mills, Parish, Oliver if picked) or as a lot this year and stacked their mids maybe looking to the back/forward line through DPP will strengthen your side better and pick up a mid that's falling like Priddis, Rocky, Ablett the following week.

This opens up a lot more options.

Currently I'm looking at Boyd with his low BE and role now all the Doggies injuries.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Owen
      Owen
      Is that a long term solution though? Suckling will be back, JJ back in the late season, okay sure Murphy is gone for the year - but is there the risk of Boyd going great guns for 6 to 8 weeks and then tailing when JJ comes back?
    4. Senator96
      Senator96
      Im not sure it is much of a risk as i think boyd is a proven premium. The only reason i didnt have him in my starting squad was high intial price and the thought he might be rested for the odd week here and there. I do think he will be a top 6 defender at seasons end, imho
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Owen
      Owen
      If he's going to be top 6 defender then now is probably the time to grab him!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      JJ and suckling return is the risk. JJ is long term and may take time to get back to early season form so could be worth it. Boyd has solid recent history for a Def even at his age. Just thought it's this week if I went with him.
    7. Natha
      Natha
      Hmmm, if you have Pendles already, consider Treloar as well. Was tossing up between those two at the start of the season, and this week (I think) has been the first Pendles outscored the younger.
    8. Senator96
      Senator96
      Except that most teams backline is probably going well, expecially with so many good rookies doing the job nicely there. Speaking for myself i have more pressing issues on the other lines, mainly midfield so that might be the area to start upgrading otherwise i can see great value in boyd
    9. choppers
      choppers
      I like Boyd for that DEF position but just be wary he's coming up 34 in August and hasn't played a full season since 2012. That places a ? over him, for mine.
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Boulderdash
      Boulderdash
      Well, had a bit of a downer. Had Suckling on the field & ended up with 2043 & dropping over 3000 to 8815
      Anyway, now for part 2 of the rapid upgrade. Before choosing, I checked my team for bye status & shock, horror - it is terribly lopsided.
      Rd 13 - 2D, 2M, 0R, 5F = 9 players on the bye,
      Rd 14 - 6D, 7M, 2R, 3F = 18 players on the bye,
      Rd 15 - 0D, 2M, 0R, 0F = 2 players on the bye.
      Soooo, 620K to burn & Sinclair & Menadue to be the sacrifices - looking at players who have Rd 15 byes to even up.

Candidates - Waite, Sitchell, Zorko, Ward, Selwood, Ziebell, Hanley, Coniglio (any 2 will do as I have a lot of DPP).

I like the look of Zorko & Ziebell. Will leave me 22 trades + 122K

Question - are people taking their bye structure into account now when trading or is it too early?
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Yes, im taking byes into consideration now. Have been for a cpl of weeks already.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. anthak
      anthak
      With Gray out now, i might pick up both these guys.

I wonder how long Gray will be out for?

I found this news:

Gray, after a disappointing game against the Cats in which he was heavily tagged, was injured at training at the Oval on Wednesday evening.

“It’s really disappointing for Robbie,” Power fitness chief Darren Burgess said last night.

“He injured the hamstring at training and we’ll get him scanned to see where he’s at. At this stage we’re not clear as to what the damage looks like.”
    13. ORFFWizard
      ORFFWizard
      Yep, taking byes into consideration.
      The forced trade of Fyfe this week I will use to get a mid premium and if the premiums I look at do not suit the byes so well, I will put a line through that option.
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Looks like Gray will be out a few weeks.

I have dropped Gray and Fyfe, and picked up Selwood and Parker. Finally bit the bullet on Parker. Ive been avoiding him, partly because of byes, and partly because there are too many guns at sydney to share points with.
      But i realised my byes are looking ok, because its mainly rookies sharing Sydneys bye, and parker hasnt slowed down.

Decided to wait a week for Pendles.
      • Like Like x 2
    15. benny01
      benny01
      I keep looking at that Bye round and freaking out before realising it's mostly my rookies, which means I'll have to be careful to not trade out of that round completely. Trading back in that round isn't the worst idea. Just keep it fairly even and you should be alright.
      • Like Like x 1