2016 Round Review: Round 9

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 22, 2016.

By walesy on May 22, 2016 at 4:05 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, Gawn. Playing sore or something right? Talk about up and down!

Reckon we're gunna see some big scores this week though, particularly with Capt. Goldie knocking out a big 176.

What are you looking at this week?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 22, 2016.

1. Iain
      Iain
      I was lucky enough to avoid the donuts and have Goldy as C so I'm looking at a 2200+, which I'm obviously fairly happy with. I was looking at the scores from the other games before on fox footy and saw a few people in the comments there boasting about being 2100+ and still having 5 players to come, so looks like there'll be some pretty big scores out there, especially with Shaw dominating now also.
    2. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, I should be looking at a 2200+ this week. A welcome return considering the dollars sitting on the bench!
    3. Iain
      Iain
      Might have been a bit conservative with my estimate there, pre-scaling it's looking a lot closer to 2450.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. benny01
      benny01
      I'll be around 2300 which I am happy with considering the amount of premiums on the bench this week
    5. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      This round can get in the bin. 2181 here but disappointed with a fair few players. Not happy Jan
    6. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Despite having 10 outs when the teams were announced, I've pulled out 2240 with only 1 donut. Could've been even higher if I made Goldy captain instead of NicNat.

Very happy result.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Just scraped in with 22 players and netted 2315 and I had Danger captain instead of either Goldy or Shaw. Am happy.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      2338 with 21. Rushed my trades on Sat morning without looking at teams. Traded out two playing defenders only to realise I had 4 non playing Fwds, could only use DPP once to get 21 on field.
      Someone I was playing had Heath Shaw as Captain by mistake. I only just beat them.
      Zorko as captain
      • Like Like x 1
    9. anthak
      anthak
      for some reason, my opponent in the trading games league had Danger as VC, and then took his score of 86 by bringing Hall onfield and making him Cap. Strange move.
      They still beat me though haha
      I kept my VC score too, Parker's 120, and I ended up with 2363 to their 2394
      but thats trading games.
      My own team scored 2223 - not so good, considering. Par must be up near 2400?
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      2344 with Danger as C and a star studded bench - happy with that
      • Like Like x 1
    11. anthak
      anthak
      What makes you think it was a mistake?
    12. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      He told me. He was mucking around with his vice captain and must have pressed captain instead. Meant to have it on Goldstien
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Matty C
      Matty C
      2392 with a donut from M.Boyd. Still managed to lose my league game by 10 points! Heroes were Goldy captain and Heath Shaw. The only villain was Stefan Martin and obviously having Ablett, Boyd, Wells, Hall and Adams missing. Matty Dea scoring 126 for my opponent sealed the game!
      • Like Like x 1
    14. maxweas1
      maxweas1
      2394 with gawn as capt... what could have been.

Enough to jump 15 places to 17th.
      Last edited: May 23, 2016
      • Like Like x 13
    15. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are up.

Gogogo Max! Living vicariously through you now! :D
      • Like Like x 2
    16. maxweas1
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      2183 for my boys, 4th consecutive fall in the rankings - was 1300th after rd5 now around 8.5k
    18. Bucko
      Bucko
      Snagged a 2445 with Goldy capt, and no bench cover. Decided against any trades as well so extremely happy with the round.
      Had a pretty rough first few rounds, but slowly climbing and now sit 3849.
      What to do with Stefan Martin... o_O
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Nick
      Nick
      No captian Goldy or Captain Shaw...looped holed Hanners but went with Danger instead which wasn't great. Scored 2175 and was happy with the trades of bringing in Shaw (what a game!) and Montags.

My trade of Sam Mitchell in a few weeks ago is a harsh reason why PODs don't often work....has got me 3 sub 100 scores and a late withdrawl since I traded him in and now is worth peanuts. Career low type of stuff. I should apologize to the guy for ruining his form by trading him in my team!!!!
      • Like Like x 1