2017 MSD Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, May 12, 2017.

1. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

if the deal was done before the coaches pick yes i understand, but to hold up the draft because your wheeling and dealing is disrespectful

• Like Like x 3
  2. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

and is on the tarmac ready to board his flight

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I agree

4. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

2 rules here? The other day @Tomster took just shy of 12 hours to take his pick with no explanation and nothing was said.

I prefer a quick draft too but don't question anyone who takes their time.

I gave @ddsaints pick the thumbs down as soon as I saw it this morning because Mullett was the only player I had found that ticked the right boxes for me.

When he was taken 1 pick ahead of mine it was straight back to the drawing board. I did give you guys the respect of letting you know what was going on once time had dragged on.

On top of some trade negotiations, I had the chance to get another look at some players I hadn't seen a lot of playing on 6 different teams today before making my final decision.

In the end, that extra information made the difference in choosing the player I saw as the best still available in the pool.

Now we have have about 3 days left to complete the final 8 picks in this draft so I think everything will be fine. Apologies for any frustration or confusion caused today. No disrespect was intended.

At the end of the day, I've taken my time allowed within the rules to explore options and make a more informed decision to get a better result for my team.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Wow. That turned into a bit of a lengthy rant / explanation.

Shout out to Shaun McKernan :p

6. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

Don't say anything next time @Mick
    Save the whinging and whining

Maybe need a vote come end of year on this drafting trading dilemma. I'm a +1 for frustrated coach :p

• Like Like x 1
  7. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

You make your bed you lie in it pal. You've got an irrefutable history of taking 11hours and 56 minutes for just about every pick in every draft.
    Yes it's within the rules, but is it in the spirit of the competition? I don't think so. I think it shows a lack of respect to others who are genuinely excited about taking their picks and building towards their plan.
    Couple that with your penchant for offering ridiculously one sided trade offers and then shopping around your delists, it's pretty obvious where the sentiment of frustration is derived from.
    Like you accurately point out though Mick, it's all 'legal' so if that's how you roll then more power to you. Personally I used to have a problem with this approach and attitude but now I respect your decision to conduct your affairs in such a way. That's totally your prerogative.
    I'm hoping maybe it might help you or others if I highlight the elephant in the room and that enables everyone to move past it and be considerate of all others and happy.
    Go team FU!

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Nice thinly veiled bitchiness here. I disagree with most of the opinions you've expressed here and find it hard to believe that your motivation is completely altruistic, based on previous posts - just making a random statement for the greater good of the competition hey?

Regardless, your point is taken on board and as you wisely said, let's move on :thumbsu:

On a side note, I think it's very strange that you supposedly know so much about my trade offers and discussions when we've had none...

I think the great Ray Jackson said it best...

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

spot on as usual +1

10. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

"On a side note, I think it's very strange that you supposedly know so much about my trade offers and discussions when we've had none..."

coaches talk

• Like Like x 1
  11. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Well I, for one , don't have a clue who "the great Ray Jackson" is, but if we're going to start quoting people then I'd like to quote the great John Heywood (1546) and I'm sure some here haven't got a clue who the h*ll he is either, but anyway his quote is
    "There are none so blind as those who will not see". I'll just leave it at that, before moving on.:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  12. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

How come my post hasn't been deleted? :p Hahahaha

Go team FU! Love it @insider
    We are like a married bunch of old moles. Hahahahaha love it

• Like Like x 1
  13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

We are the outlyers of limitation type of admins here at ts.. ;)