2017 Round Review: Round 13

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 18, 2017.

By walesy on Jun 18, 2017 at 5:54 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

The byes are finally in the rear view mirror, and the stretch into the finals has properly begun.

Hopefully your team is in a position where you can hold onto your trades until the finals, or if you're still in the hunt for the overall, in the hunt for the overall.

Scorewise I did alright, I think, particularly with the Steele-induced-donut, but it was irrelevant for my cash league, cause the other guy was proper unprepared for it. 11 Byes on the field kinda unprepared.

Teeheehee.

Structure wise, I have 10 trades, $100k in the bank and still need to upgrade SPP. Not sure where the dollars for that is going to come from though. :D

How you guys shaping up?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jun 18, 2017.

1. anthak
      anthak
      1824 for me this week.
      Lots of disappointing scores in there, too many to name.
      In terms of wins, I'm particularly happy with Kreuzer. Also my trades this week. Heater to Lloyd meant I scored 52 extra with Lloyd's 100 instead of Buddy's 48.
      And happy I didn't trade Barrett & SPP to Bont & Mountford; or move heaven & earth for Ablett Jnr as both were my other considerations this week, pleased that I held tight.

I was lucky to win all my leagues, but I've seen lots of scores better than mine in my leagues, so I'm not sure I'll hold my rank.

I've got 7 trades left. $25k. Still need to upgrade 1 mid and Witts.
      I'm thinking I can probably use just 3 trades to upgrade those 2 spots to Gawn and maybe Bont (but don't know about them Dogs and Bont atm). Got Barrett, SPP, & Scooter to use for cash, and I'll probably have to keep one of them unless I need the $
      • Like Like x 3
    2. benny01
      benny01
      1865 which should be a pretty decent score for the round.
      • Like Like x 5
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Lockout is over....
      I actually moved up again and am now ranked 49th oa.

Less than 600 pts from 1st, but its probably too far away to catch up.
      Less than 400 pts from 3rd, which might be ok but still a long shot
      • Like Like x 17
    4. benny01
      benny01
      At the start of the byes I was 4946 overall and now I'm up to 3395.

I was planning on upgrading Newman this week but his recent form has me thinking he would be a worthy D6.
      • Like Like x 3
    5. benny01
      benny01
      All you need is that first person to cop a bad injury and you're right in the hunt. The thing is someone else can easily take their place. Keep doing what you're doing.
      Good Luck!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. stripey
      stripey
      I came in 15.2k spots over the byes to 4.2k overall... wish I had started better.

1848 this week for me.

9 trades left and $87k in the bank... D Swallow and Witts my main concerns.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. choppers
      choppers
      1781 for me. I was 14396th before the byes and now up to 4832. 9 trades left and full premium this round, if Witts is counted as a premium.
      Might need to go to Gawn when the time is right
      • Like Like x 1
    8. bosco
      bosco
      1792. Got rid of 2 x 44s and still 50's, 60's and 70's all over the park. Despite this, and like Anthak, managed to move up 23 spots to 149th overall. Pleased with that and best season (should I be saying this aloud??) for a few years. Hopefully Karma doesn't come and bite me on the proverbial.
      • Like Like x 3
    9. walesy
      walesy
      Get in there antman!
      • Like Like x 4
    10. walesy
      walesy
      stats are up.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. Len
      Len
      1805 for me, top 3% apparently, this would mean more of the preceding 12 rounds didn't have me in the top 40% :p
      • Like Like x 1
    12. doolz
      doolz
      Great stuff Ant, you're still in the hunt fantastic effort from you and your team looks solid for the run home.
      When I came 9th I remember I was only top couple hundred coming into the last two weeks and trades in hand were vital.
      If you can keep at least 3 trades for those final couple of rounds you're going to be in with a real chance at the $50k!
      • Like Like x 3
    13. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      I took a big punt this week. Had a reasonable cover for 18 players but realised I could enhance the team and get good points when others would fail so used three trades. Scored 1954 which ranked me 379th for the week and moved me up 12956 spots. I have only 6 trades left and $40,000 but apart from JPP and Barrett at $350,000 each on the midfield bench I am pretty happy with my team. I think I can continue to move up each week with what I have.
      • Like Like x 2
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks mate, good advice I would think.
      Ive realised I'm only 175 points away from 10th and top 10 all get some prizemoney. Yeah the $50k would be better ;) , but top10 might be a more realistic aim from here. Really, I would be stoked to hold my rank and finish top 50, as it would be my best finish.
      • Like Like x 6
    15. The_Swert
      The_Swert

I was expecting better though with 20 players on the field.
      Let down by Franklin, Rockliff, Beams, S Selwood and T Lynch (told you he's useless).

This week my obvious trade is S Selwood to J Lloyd (Adams to mid).

Then I'm looking for a downgrade option. Maybe C Brown or Mountford.
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    16. Tommo
      Tommo
      Alright lads I've got a bit of a dilemma concerning the next 2 weeks and my path to full premo, here are my options, any advice will be much appreciated.

Option 1 - SPP and Barrett to Lloyd and Oliver this week and Tom Stewart and Myers/Parsons to The Bont/Zerrett/Neale and 102k rookie next week leaving me with 7 trades and a full premo team.

OR

Option 2 - SPP to Lloyd this week, Tom Stewart and Barrett to Oliver and Bont/Zerrett/Neale leaving me with 8 trades and a full premo team?

Cheers lads, any help would be great
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
    17. anthak
      anthak
      my mids are:
      Danger, Dusty, Titch, Rocky, Pendles, Murphy, Fyfe... Scooter, SPP, Barrett, Bolton/Greenwood.

I have some concerns over Rocky after someone mentioned he was injured. Only news I can find about it mentions that he had an illness last game. If that is the case, it should be fine to keep him.
      Scooter may only miss 1 game, so I might even keep him too. but probably not.

Im looking to trade Barrett and Scooter this week to upgrade my last mid spot. I'll probably bring in Brennan Cox so that I can swing Mitch Hibberd into my mids which is where I'd prefer him to end up.

It leaves me enough $ to get any mid I want...

Who do people think I should go?

:1: Sloane - huge ceiling and hits it semi-regularly. When he scores well he scores really well. #1 ave of all I dont have. Not handling taggers. teammates sharing points. :confused:
      :2: Ablett - huge ceiling. SC GOAT. In form. Not many teammates stealing points. injury prone. :rolleyes:
      :3: Bont - can score well. out of form, but still scoring ok, lowest score of 81. lacking confidence for first time in his career. owned by a 3rd of comp. :cool:
      :4: Treloar - finished last season strong. in form now after poor start to year. very high ceiling. lowest ave of these 4 options. a few scores in 70s this year. o_O
      :5: Other? :spud:

Its pretty much out of Sloane or GAJ for me, but the other two I'm still considering. I'm curious as to what the collective thinks.
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 3
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
    18. RPritch
      RPritch
      I don't think that trading Sloane in would be the right choice. I pretty much stuffed him once I traded him in, chasing points. I think Bont has the best value for current price and is actually the 'safe' option out of the 4. GAJ should be the man, only problem is that he may get injured, if he doesn't you'd be laughing with him in. I am personally trading Bont in next week, but already have Sloane and Treloar, and couldn't afford GAJ if I wanted him, so it doesn't say much
    19. anthak
      anthak
      The other benefit with Sloane and GAJ is that they are both PODs, even though theyre such high scorers. Both risky, but not too much, and such a high reward if they turn it on after trade-in.