2017 Round Review: Round 15

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 2, 2017.

By walesy on Jul 2, 2017 at 5:35 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Big win for Captain Danger this week.

Small loss for those of us that benched Nank for the Greenwood score

Huge loss for those who held onto Sandilands.

Where did you rate this week?

?

What score did your SC team achieve in Round 15 ??

Poll closed Jul 6, 2017.
  1. 2100 or below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2101 to 2150

2.6%
  3. 2151 to 2200

10.5%
  4. 2201 to 2250

2.6%
  5. 2251 to 2300

21.1%
  6. 2301 to 2350

23.7%
  7. 2351 to 2400

21.1%
  8. 2401 to 2450

15.8%
  9. 2451 to 2500

2.6%
  10. 2501 or above

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. IPOD
      IPOD
      I have Sandi and just 16k is it worth punting him for Darcy and cashing in 300k leaving 6 trades an money for upgrades? Or swap to Nank leaving just 36k!
      • Like Like x 1
    2. stripey
      stripey
      Interesting IPOD, I have Kreuzer, Witts and Darcy Cameron/Nankervis with the DPP... Am contemplating a downgrade of Witts to Darcy now Sandi has fallen down. This will leave me with 5 trades and hopefully enough cash to do whatever corrections I need over the rest of the season... just a thought in my head at this stage...
      • Like Like x 1
    3. IPOD
      IPOD
      My thoughts on cashing in is 300 k can upgrade any defender to Docherty and still have cash in the bank for trades that are needed close to the end of the yr surgeries blooding younsters etc
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Bandit
      Bandit
      I'm awesome at this, traded out Nank and left Sandi in... FML
      • Like Like x 2
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      It will be interesting to see the split between Witherden and Darcy tradeins this week and how many sides double downgrade.

My early view is that I am not convinced that Darcy will become the next Stef Martin, Max Gawn or Tom Nicholls late season 90-110 average R2 breakout but he should earn some very quick cash at R3 averaging 50-75 assuming he remains in the side.

A key risk for mine is that Griffin comes in as lead ruck and Darcy plays second fiddle, and another is that Darcy's Round 15 score was inflated by Longer as opposing ruck. Then again I only picked Nicholls of those 3 mentioned above so am definitely not the best judge of SC rucks.
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      PB for the year of 2,382. Glad that Cousins was not the late in on Sunday, otherwise I would have had to have the C on Pendles....sneaks me into the top 10k....is it stupid to consider Walters? He is a nice POD at 3%. 3 x 40's and a 28 is concerning (most of these in the 1st 6 rows) but has also knocked out 5 ton's in his last 8 matches...im not playing for match, just trying to differentiate my team!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Penske file
      Penske file
      A disaster this week 2166 with Sandi, Greene, Jelwood lost 7/8 leagues and dropped back 1500. Now I have to decide who comes in for Sandi I have just under $300K so all up for grabs Witts my other ruckman. Your opinions and thoughts would be appreciated.
    8. Owen
      Owen
      Ended with 2,348 but was looking at around 2,500 until Nroo, Pendles, and Adams all decided that around 2500 is just too many for me this year. Plus I left about 40 odd points on the bench starting Greenwood over Lynch. Ahh well. Witherden and Gawn this week I think.
    9. Owen
      Owen
      Gawn I reckon.
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    10. TheTassieHawk
    11. bosco
      bosco
      Gawn definitely has to be an option for his price and value. Pretty hard to go past kreuzer atm but definitely much more $$$. I think I'd probably go with gawn also.

Curious to know people's thoughts on having 5 trades left, being 57 overall (team complete other than trying to finesse) and using 1 of those 5 trades to get some $$$ up to $250k in the bank for getting rid of barrett to witherden. Is this just plain dumb or sets up for any replacements required?

:thumbsu: dumbass and wasting a critical trade
      :thumbsd: great forethought for run to final rounds and podium glory
      • Dislike Dislike x 7
    12. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Seems like a strong endorsement thus far - assuming you can hold off until 20 minutes or so before the Lions game starts at 725pm then you should know whether you have copped any injuries in the first 4 games or late withdrawals in the first 6 games which may cause you to re-think and implement a Plan B instead.
    13. St
      St
      Greene no certainty to return this week
      INJURY NEWS:

Leon Cameron on Toby Greene – “He's taking longer than what we thought, he's less a chance of playing.”

Leon Cameron on Stevie J – “He's pretty sore, he's fifty-fifty to play.”

Leon Cameron on Zac Williams - “Zac’s probably in a bit better position than the other two - he was out here running today,”
      Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
      • Like Like x 1
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Presumably if he is named Thursday he plays.

On the plus side he plays 2nd game so if he misses there is time to cover him, but unfortunately Greenwood is playing Friday night so might need to be put at F7 as a precaution.
    15. Owen
      Owen
      My plan all along was to trade out Newman when he mooed, but now that Zac Williams is under an injury cloud (and has been inconsistent too since I brought him in) I'm thinking of keeping Newman and trading Zac. Keeping either one would see them as D7 when I swing Adams backwards and bring in Jelwood in a couple of weeks. Zac would also give me another 40K in the bank if I traded him out. Who would you keep?

:1: Zac Williams
      :2: Nic Newman
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 7
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    16. Len
      Len
      90% Greene doesn't play, Zac 50/50 at best
      • Like Like x 1
    17. Bucko
      Bucko
      One up to Gawn, One down Witherden (via Greenwood DPP) this week, but 3 to pick from.
      Who goes out ? (The remaining player will be on-field in the fwd line)

:1: Hannan & H-Elliot
      :2: Hannan & Nank
      :3: Nank & H-Elliot
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 5
    18. TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    19. anthak
      anthak
      Being top 25 ive decided to be a bit more discreet with my trade plans. But i have started a convo in the donor forum. Id appreciate any input from donors over there if you can :)
      • Like Like x 1
    20. stripey
      stripey
      Fair enough mate.. it's fair to say you should avoid Vickery tho.... :D

You can take the man out of the Bullfrogs but you can't take the Bullfrog out of the man...
      • Like Like x 2