2017 Round Review: Round 16

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 9, 2017.

By walesy on Jul 9, 2017 at 8:30 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

330 from Danger, a 142 from Docherty, 129 from Goldie and a rebound from Fyfe with a 139.

You'd think that there would be some big scores out there, but damn, 60 from Dahl, 61 from Treloar, 73 from Hanners, 74 from Dusty and a whole other assortment of bunk has made for quite the bi-polar score.

Still, surely someone avoided the kajillion bullets out their this week?

How'd we all go?

?

Trades remaining after Round 16 ?

Poll closed Jul 14, 2017.
  1. Out of Trades

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 1 left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2 left

7.4%
  4. 3 left

3.7%
  5. 4 left

14.8%
  6. 5 left

22.2%
  7. 6 left

14.8%
  8. 7 left

11.1%
  9. 8 left

14.8%
  10. 9 left

7.4%
  11. 10 or 11 left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. 12 or 13 left

3.7%
  13. 14 or more left

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Jul 9, 2017.

1. drlok
      drlok
      me too
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      My lot scored 2271 for the 2nd time in 3 weeks, which was good enough for 3 wins out of 4 with the only loss being by 20 points in the league which I am sitting in the top 4 in.

I currently have Hannan/Greenwood/Parsons filling in at F6 until I trade in a R2 or F6 by Round 19. When Parsons scored 98 as F7 at the weekend I could have downgraded Hannan to a F/R or F/M Floating donut and the extra 28 points by looping would have seen me get a narrow win in the main league.

My overall ranking has improved for 11 consecutive weeks from 60k to 12k and I am about 115 points from the top 10k with 7 trades in hand. I am trying to hold 3-5 trades for finals so in an ideal world I wouldn't trade again until round 18 and 19.

Having crunched the numbers the only Ruck or Forward I can't afford in a single Hannan or Greenwood upgrade straight away is Kreuzer, although Greenwood to Kreuzer in Round 19 is looking possible assuming Greenwood plays the next 2 and scores well this week.

TU - at $607.5k Kreuzer is overpriced, particularly now that Cripps is out for the year, get Heeney or a cheaper ruckman instead
      TD - definitely bring in Kreuzer in Round 18 or 19
      • Like Like x 3
    3. RPritch
      RPritch
      Tough one for the thumbs. Kreuzer is clearly in rare form, but I do like that you mentioned Heeney there. Clearly you don't have him then, I have him and think he's a star. I would probably look at trading Heeney in and saving cash for the other trades (or potentially saving a trade if Kreuzer ends up requiring two trades)
      • Like Like x 2
    4. bosco
      bosco
      I would agree with @RPritch. Kreuzer going great but Heeney a bit of a champ too. Has generally been going pretty well although Parker seems to have sparked for Swans and there seem to be points being shared a fair bit lately. Hanners seems to have dropped off a bit and sharing everywhere. Can't argue that for the price in the forward line Heeney is pretty decent value along with Macrea, Yeo and Greene.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. bosco
      bosco
      Serious thoughts about ditching hanners this week. Any thoughts on any of the following appreciated

:thumbsu: Keep hanners
      :thumbsd:Hanners to Jelwood
      :1:Hanners to Zorko (lots of $$$$ though and not sure if up for this)
      :2:Hanners to M Crouch (POD and not as many $$$ as Zorko)
      :3:Hanners to Ward (POD and even less $$ than Crouch)
      :4:Hanners to other?? and why?

Already have Danger, Pendles, Titchell, Dusty, Neale, Murph, J.Kelly
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    6. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm exactly sure how Hanners has been going as I have not invested in him in any comp, but if you were going to dump him I like Ward as an option. Nothing more exciting, occasionally nothing more stupid, than bringing in a real left-field POD and Ward fits the bill as a great POD. Proven gun mid scored very poorly for the first half of the season for no real known reason, but started to light it up recently. I actually had D.Beams to Ward done as a trade for last round before Beams was named so I kept me trades. Actually disappointed now since Beams scored 57 odd and Ward 132 odd. Seems to be back and one of my favourites
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
    8. Len
      Len
      • Like Like x 1
    9. bosco
      bosco
      Thanks for the responses. I also like Ward as a left field option but still undecided between him and jelwood mostly. Also not fully sold on ditching hanners. Need some thinking music ;)
    10. anthak
      anthak
      pretty much everyone will have Duckwood within the next couple of weeks and he is in pretty good form, so you probably dont want to miss that train
    11. anthak
      anthak
      That said, it depends how many trades you have left, because Hanners to Ducky may not gain you many points, whereas a trade used to cover a donut later could gain you 100+ points in one week.
    12. anthak
      anthak
      I would still like to bring in Lynch and this mistake i made last week has really hurt me. Im $14k short of doing the 2 trades i would like to this week. If i hadve traded in Lynch last week as intended, i would've been able to make one trade this week and had enough $ in hand for my prefered target
      Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Im only bringing in Lynch as bench cover anyway, to use in loopholes with Nank, so i think im gonna have to just accept i missed the boat on him and do my other trade because its strengthening my onfield 22. Not sure though. Gotta think this through,
      It is a shame its gotta be one or the other and if i hadnt have stuffed up last week then it couldve been both. :(:mad::(
    14. anthak
      anthak
      After all that, ive realised Lynch only went up by $8k this week so i wouldnt have had enough $ for the trade this week anyway
      :rolleyes: hehe
    15. Mick
      Mick
      Go your hardest @anthak ! Killing it this year

Nice work @bosco

Still plenty of time left for both of you to win the $50k!

TS represent 2017!!
      • Like Like x 1
    16. Mick
      Mick
      2344 for me this week was good enough for 7/8 league wins and another little creep up the rankings - up 32 spots to be sitting #168 overall - about 400 points behind you @anthak

I was happy with that considering I had JPK a late out but luckily had already traded Ablett out to avoid a :donut: in the event of a :duck: Selwood late out.

All good except instead of sticking to what I've been doing - picking a POD to make up ground - I played "safe" and got Dusty in this week :eek: + the main other option I was considering was Zorko! A lazy 122 points missed right there :spew:

...and after much deliberation I flipped Witts to Gawn! That cost me another 29 points but should work out for the best. I hope!

Overall I'm happy with the way my team looks now but will need to ride it hard for luck with not as many trades or $$ as I would like at this stage of the season. Stay strong players!
      • Like Like x 1