2017 Round Review: Round 3

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 9, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 9, 2017 at 7:32 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Another round is coming to a close. Newman looks like a must grab, while Gawn is gaaaaaaawn.

Thankfully I've got Jarrod "Ready made replacement" Witts kicking it on the sidelines to step in for the big fella. Might make a Gawn>Spencer trade viable.

Anyways, I've scored almost 2200 which seems about par from what I can tell. Got my cash-league season campaign under way with a win so I can't complain too much! :D

How have you all gone?

• Like Like x 4

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 9, 2017.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Ouch. That's a trade gone.

Spencer to the bench, come on dooowwwnnn!!
    2. Jason
      Jason
      TooSerious Div 1 the 158th ranked league
      StillWayTooSerious the 238th ranked league
      TS Playing4Keeps the 423rd ranked league

Any other TS leagues doing well?
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Round 3 was officially not a good week to select Gawn to be my captain.

Stick a fork in my SC chances this year, as well as my trading games team.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    4. drlok
      drlok
      Jason my heart bleeds - my first week last year was swan (ankle to retirement) 6 points i believe and then fyfe as captain (about 50 point) and that was the season over.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    5. drlok
      drlok
      Division 3 is ranked 1923 - we need to lift
    6. The_Punt
      The_Punt
      2096. Copped Gawn, wrong rookies on the paddock as usual and the mid-pricers I held my nose and picked stank it up yet again. Has been a very ordinary first 3 rounds. I'm thinking of going Gawn to either Toyota Prius or Witts and using the $ to convert either Caddy or Zac Smith into a forward who can actually play footy.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. anthak
      anthak
      I wouldnt say theyre doing well, but 2 of my 6 TS leagues are ranked just inside the top 500 leagues. Would be nice to be top 20 :)
    8. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      TS Div 2 ranked 398.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. anthak
      anthak
      The main 2 issues ive got with my SC team are:
      1. Tuohy
      2. I dont have Newman.

There is an obvious easy fix. But im not sure they're bad enough problems to use a trade on. Ive already used 3 trades and i feel i should prob sit tight for a bit.

What do yous think?
    10. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      1 - haven't followed 2e but if he is playing and not costing a donut then there is no neccessity to trade him out

2 - this years rookies really are struggling to earn $$$. I told myself "Gen 2" would appear and McLuggage/Berry et al would make very quick $$$ compared to previous years but of last weeks first gamers only Williamson scored well enough to pencil in for a Round 5 downgrade and I put him in the Hannan (no confidence it is any guide to decent future scoring) category hence Newman really is a MUST TRADE IN in my book

5 trades is more than I would want to have used by the end of this round but you can take a break or use 1 trade only in the next 2 weeks before using 2 a week from Rounds 7-9. I am normally a few trades behind the masses and according to the TEAM HISTORY data would normally have used 10 or 11 by the end of Round 9, so 12 or even 13 used by then shouldn't be an issue as this years byes should be slightly easier as long as you don't end up with 21-24 players during Round 12 at the expense of the other bye rounds.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Hi guys thinking about this weeks trades.... I have $211k in the bank, looking at marchbank to Newman then Taranto to m Murphy or Riewoldt. I can't really split the 2 will more be based on what rookie to play on the ground. If I go Murphy means parfitt if my F6 if a go Riewoldt SPP is M8. Leaning towards Riewoldt as I think SPP will score better vs parfitt.

Thumbs up Riewoldt
      Thumbs down Murphy

Thanks
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    12. RPritch
      RPritch
      I don't like the sound of trading out Marchbank, what on earth has he done wrong? Surely you have one of J.Smith, M.Hibberd or T.Stewart in your team? Would trade any of them before Marchbank
      • Like Like x 3
    13. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Good point @RPritch maechbank hasn't done much wrong just my best option to do an early upgrade and if I did smith to Newman march bank probably goes to the pine anyway.
      And would only have about $433k to upgrade Taranto only viable option is J Cameron not sure he will be a keeper. Or maybe Taranto to swallow
    14. James84
      James84
      For what it's worth, with the real thin rookie class this year I would be holding Taranto and Marchbank and maybe waiting on an upgrade. Personally not convinced Murphy will end the season a top 8ish Midfielder this season and that's what you really want to be upgrading to. I have a feeling we will really be scraping around to generate cash this year and need to show a little patience.

Just my 2c though!
      • Like Like x 2
    15. RPritch
      RPritch
      I prefer the sound of Smith and Taranto to Newman and D.Swallow, rather than Marchbank and Taranto to Newman and M.Murphy. However, you are of course free to trade how you like and the latter trades may end up being better. I feel as though patience is a key in SC and think that you should at least consider holding Marchbank and holding off on that premium upgrade for at least a few more rounds. Smith is obviously out for ages and I would not consider trading out Taranto as an impatient trade either, as he: will not make near as much cash as a D.Swallow; will not score for your team near as well as a D.Swallow and; has a chance of being dropped at any stage (although I have to admit that the injuries to Griffen and Setterfield are good for his chances to keep playing).

I will add that (to gloat a bit) that I asked for thumbs on this site about which to trade out last week for WHE out of Taranto and SPS. I received a resounding 7-0 thumbs in favour of trading SPS and kept him anyway to see him ton up vs Taranto's ordinary score and now look like a much better SC option than Taranto. So you may want to stick with your gut
      • Like Like x 4
    16. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Love the comments guys. Thanks for the feedback back and insight you have. I'm still very torn on what to. Team sheets may have all the answers.
    17. Martini
      Martini
      The TS Pine Warmers are currently 223rd ranked league - we might have to be elevated after about 5 years waiting now...

Best start to the season for a while for me after a couple of lower years, Selwood United ranked 268th overall and scored 2349 on weekend. Not sure whether bringing WHE and Marchbank in last round was the right move (I wasn't convinced preseason on either) - dropped Lynch to do it, seeing the Suns' performances in first two rounds... Newman in this week and then hopefully nothing for a while.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Mick
      Mick
      2311 moved me up to 3189 overall...