2017 Round Review: Round 4

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 17, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 17, 2017 at 6:57 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I'm gunna open this post by making you all feel better about yourselves.

I can't remember scoring a worse score than that! Awful stuff!

Danger (C), Treloar's 72, Roughy's 53 and Watson's 44 the highlights, but there was a lot of players down on their usual form.

Not even Dahl could save my score!

Hopefully we see a few better scores in the comments :D

• Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 17, 2017.

1. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      @walesy thanks for the input mate. I agree with absolutely everything you have to say 100%. Yeo was on my never again list after last year for whatever reason could never trade him out of my team and just kept burning me. But the way he has started this year I have looked at stats and watched part of eagles games, he looks settled down back and a bit of a run in the middle. The other factor is too the forward line Quality is pretty ordinary. He could avg 90-95 for the rest of the year and easily be a top 6 forward. I think trading Taranto won't hurt but there is a possibility that WHE could hurt me.
      However my theory is wells probably plays this week which eats into WHE wing time a bit then in 2 weeks de goey gets a game which impacts even more (I am a pies supporter btw) he's looked good but let's face it not going to be a keeper and his BE is 49 for this week so the money is drying up and if yeo bangs out a 110+ against the hawks which is highly likely he's heading in one direction so my theory is get him now while I can as I'm going for overall need the points on the field. Many people said don't trade macrhbqnk but his money got me macrae and a 100 points on the field. Sorry for the long winded info, that's my take :D
      • Like Like x 3
    2. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Sorry reply for @walesy's comment
    3. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Just to put my case forward further lol. wHE has only avg 4.75 contested possessions a game and has scored more dream team points than SuperCoach every week which means he hasn't used the ball great. If he hadn't kicked the winning goal against Sydney could of had a terrible score. I dont do dream team but look at advanced stats on afl website. ;)
      • Like Like x 2
    4. TheTassieHawk
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Ive got a bit of money in the bank. I can trade Marchbank and Taranto to Balic and any mid I want. who should I go for. I'm thinking Rocky or Bont... anyone have any views?
      Should I jump on one of them now because i can, or wait until they drop in price
    6. benny01
      benny01
      I'd say that depends on what you're going for.
      For overall I think it's a good move, gets you on the front foot and improves your points right away.
      If you just want league wins then making the most of your money and trades always leaves you in a better place come finals.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
    8. anthak
      anthak
      I too often hang onto hope for overall haha. Even if I'm 20000th i start taking stupid risks with the hope it could jump me up, but usually it pushes me further back haha. I dont usually start thinking about leagues until its too late... but it doesnt worry me like that
    9. anthak
      anthak
      so:
      :1: Rocky
      :2: Bont
      :3: other? - comment
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 5
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
    10. tyze1
      tyze1
      Rocky for sure - looks to be fit and firing again, Brisbane playing much more fantasy frendly footy under Fagan - glad he is a part of the SF Bulls heard!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Senator96
      Senator96
      Yeah ive gone for rocky as i normally do to start the year and so far so good! Always a good scorer when he doesnt get injured and teams dont seem to tag him either. Im enjoying having him as a pod so far.

No best buys article this year?
    12. JC
      JC
      Rocky's dislocated finger resulted in a small fracture. Won't miss any games and will just tape it up and see how he goes.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. benny01
      benny01
      It's pretty close this year I'd think with some good trading most teams are still in with a shot at overall.
      It has me really tempted to take some risks this week and try get right up the top or fall down miserably and move onto league wins.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. TheTassieHawk
    15. Len
      Len
      What the actual...........???

Monday, April 24
      Richmond v Melbourne at the MCG, 7.25pm AEST

Teams will be announced at 5pm on Saturday, April 22
      • Like Like x 1