2017 Round Review: Round 7

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 7, 2017.

By walesy on May 7, 2017 at 9:17 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Got the fright of my life this week, just after lockout, I got a call from a mate asking me if I knew that Port and the Suns had a bye this week.

Now, I *knew* that they didn't, but in that moment, my heart sunk. What, how could I have missed that I wondered? I'm gunna be swimming in donuts I

Anyways, it didn't take too long to cotton onto the fact that I was being wound up, but it did get me to thinking- with all the rookies missing thus far, it might be tough.

Thankfully, Nank should be back by then to cover for Witts/Butler, but with 4 trades remaining between now and then, it's probably time to consider your plans- then the actual byes behind them!

Anyways, onto this week. I actually had a good one this week, with a 2160. About 100 above par I reckon.

Captain Rocky lead the way beautifully with his 148, and some stud performances from Hanners, Witts and Yeo rounded it out. Thinking though that it might just about be time to cut WHE. He's made some good dollars, but his roller coaster ride is getting awful close to de-railing I reckon!

How'd you all go?

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 7, 2017.

1. anthak
      anthak
      well done, hopefully can keep it up and push even higher
    2. Len
      Len
      Highest league I am in for TS is
      TS ORFFANS - 598
      • Like Like x 1
    3. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      apols, dragging the chain here.
      I started inside 5K now outside 40K :spew:
      • Like Like x 1
    4. choppers
      choppers
      Swallow to miss the Port game....
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    5. stowie
      stowie
      Houston missing for Port

• Like Like x 2
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Modified rules - 8 vs 8 in the GCS vs PA match, SCers will love it
    7. Senator96
      Senator96
      In the absence of the old best buys, who do we think are the standouts for this week? Yeo up forward has a low BE and is shaping up to be a premium forward by seasons end. I dont see a lot of good rookie options this week?

Im thinking of bringing in vince this week. I can still see him being a top 8 defender at seasons end but in saying that i havent seen much of melbourne this year so its even more guesswork than usual assuming he will finish as a top 8. There are a few reasons for it, he suits my bye structure has the handy mid/def mpp so ideally by the end of the year he would be providing cover for either of those two lines when the team is upgraded etc, seems to be underpriced atm, will be somewhat of POD as well and as im looking to upgrade hampton this week hes also the best i can afford. I guess im wondering what role hes doing this year, is he still playing in the midfield?
    8. insider
      insider
      Don't be seduced! Had him from the start and just turfed him for Hibberd. Too up and down and hasn't really shown propensity to go large. If I had the cash I personally would be going Harbrow. Fits the bill as a point of difference and quite consistent over his 5 or so games. Been quietly going about his business averaging 97 with only one dud score of 67.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. stripey
      stripey
      And to think I was patting myself on the back for going with Black over Parsons...... the season that keeps on giving!!!
      • Like Like x 4
    10. Senator96
      Senator96
      I was doing just the opposite and giving myself slaps for going the other way! Who can figure this game out?
      • Like Like x 1
    11. drlok
      drlok
      @TheTassieHawk wk - If you need any help on finishing in the mid 40.000's just let me know - happy to help :)