2017 Round Review: Round 8

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 14, 2017.

By walesy on May 14, 2017 at 6:26 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man, this has been a rough year, between the rookies and various premiums kicking our asses along the way, it's been tough to put up a good score.

I wonder if this year actually was the year for mid-priced madness? Would love to hear from anyone that was that way inclined?

Anyways, I'm looking to crack about a 2150, which from looking around the place is a little above par, but nothing special.

Also, how about international football? Reckon it worked? Enjoyable as a diversion? Hit us up in the poll!

?

What did you think of the Port v GCS game in China?

1. I liked it, it's good for the game

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Bit of a nothing really, it's just another game

20 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Would have preferred to see my own team playing

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  4. Could have done without hearing about the logistics all week long

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  5. Swanned around for Mothers day all morning, before I missed the game to an afternoon nap

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. Other: Specify in the Comments

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, May 14, 2017.

1. walesy
      walesy
      hmmm, are the port/gcs guys sorted? Or still fubar? I can't tell myself, cause as admin, my magic admin privileges don't lock things. !
    2. Len
      Len
      Still buggered mate, below is what we are getting, the snip is from the Misfits team entry..

upload_2017-5-15_10-25-11.png
    3. walesy
      walesy
      ah yes, didn't have a date cut-off on their bye fixture- wanna take another look for me?
    4. Len
      Len
      Still the same, mate, reset the lockout again JIC but still the same
    5. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Pretty poor week for me - 1955.

Let down by some premiums - Pendles 76, Dahlhaus 65, Lynch 29
      And some rookies - Otten 56, Butler 36, Melican 31

Newman's late inclusion was missed, definitely would've swapped him for Melican had I known.
    6. walesy
      walesy
      ok, this time for sure. Updated the wrong date *rolls eyes*
      • Like Like x 3
    7. Len
      Len
      Fixed mate ta :p
    8. brownje
      brownje
      Well I excercised self control and did not trade Beams or Treloar, and I got a decent score 2150 and won 4 of 7 leagues. Who would have known self control can pay off.
    9. stripey
      stripey
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    10. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Slipped backwards again with just 2028 - why did I pick this week to put the C on Sloane? And why did I not pickup Newman's inclusion? - Bloody stupid is probably the answer.
    11. anthak
      anthak
      I upgraded my 6th def last round, so now I'm thinking to move Adams into the mids to use Newman onfield
      • Like Like x 1
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Problem Im facing with this now is that I need to trade to avoid donuts because I still have Houston and Eddy in my fwds. Houston is ready to be traded anyway, but Im chasing Dusty Martin and the only way to do that is move Balic into fwd and he might be out again too. He was sick last week, so hopefully straight back in this week. Otherwise I'll probably have to wait a week for Dusty which I'd rather not.
    13. Mick
      Mick
      I'm in a similar spot with Eddy and possibly Balic - depends on Hannan holding his spot to deliver me another 30 point SC turd...:poop:

Balic should be straight back in like last time - seems to be one of the rare few in Ross's good books @anthak :thumbsu:
      • Like Like x 1
    14. drlok
      drlok
      I did the same thing - however while I got the points the most important league game I was playing I lost by 12 points and if we both hadn't loop holed newman I would have won :( I had berry and he had the geelong mupet
    15. anthak
      anthak
      hope so ;)
      There is very little news about his illness, but he is not on their injury list so that is a good sign.
      We need a rotoworld for AFL player news!
    16. anthak
      anthak
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    17. IPOD
      IPOD
      Well having SPP and Ryder will test my depth really wanted to hold on to SPP till he maxes out but wanted to avoid a donut or playing Zac Fisher on field. Can trade SPP for maybe Myers and play him in place on Taranto who I have to move forward (via Balic into the mids) with Ryder having the bye.
      TU - down SPP to Myers
      TD - save the trade play Fisher
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    18. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Haven't checked the fixture, can you put Fisher as M9 then trade spp to Myers if Fisher gets a sound score ?
      • Like Like x 1
    19. anthak
      anthak
      I reckon Myers is close to a must-buy this week if anyone doesnt already have him. Not a lot of good downgrade targets around or coming and he has strong job-security.
      Obviously depends on overall team issues, case by case, but he's pretty important to own in the grand scheme of things I reckon.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. IPOD
      IPOD
      No good fisher plays in Sunday twilight game so no chance of sitting and watching how he goes and then deciding
      • Dislike Dislike x 1