2017 Round Review: Round Two

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, round two is coming to a close- and with it, the price changes, right around the corner!

Initial thoughts have WHE as a trade target this week, he's absolutely flying! Don't know what to do about Hanners though. Gut says to hold him, but man, he's about to hemorrhage!!

Score wise, I'm happier this week, but it's feeling like a strange season. Not too many huge rookies around, and midpricers all flying! So much so, my Nank, Sandi, Witts ruckline would be doing better if I moved Nank into the forward line!! Maybe to bring in upcoming price rise of Preuss.

Ahhh, supercoach. So much to consider!! :D Can't wait til rollover is complete, wanna start crunching numbers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Penske file
      Penske file
      2257 this week, lucky to get it last minute loophole smith onto ground for stewart = ottens 108. Heater and Laird quieter this week keeping score down. First thoughts are to offload Sandi and Roughy to cash up a bit, second thoughts are to sit and not trade in haste for the sake of points. See what selections bring this week.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      I wouldn't be trading JOM or Swallow just yet. Presumably you picked them for their potential to make cash and perhaps become a stepping stone or a handy M9. They haven't spudded it up yet, though an improvement in DE would be nice.
      Oliver looks the goods but will he really be a top 8 mid? Had a blinder on weekend against the Blues with Lewis tagged and Viney down a bit. He will get more heat I reckon. Tipping he'll avg around the 107 mark.
      Corrective I'd go Pickett to Witts (or maybe Butler if you don't have him).
      • Like Like x 1
    3. James84
      James84
      2,235 this round, much improved from last weeks 2,045 sitting 41,290 at this stage, although feel reasonably confident in that coming in a fair bit in the coming rounds... just rookie corrections this week, don't have Butler, Houston or WHE so will look at options!
      • Like Like x 1
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Wow - 107 SC avg would be pretty much unprecedented for a 2nd year player, the Bont averaged 103 in his 2nd year which is the only time I remember a player tonning up in their sophomore season
      http://tooserious.net/forum/player_career.php?id=2433&pcid=43392&name=Marcus Bontempelli
      • Like Like x 2
    5. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      I went for pick-&-forget at ruck with Gawn and Martin, and have Nankervis forward. Should I burn a trade and cop out of that strategy for Witts? He could rise $200k in next few weeks and I'm missing out on it. Don't have WHE either.

I've got Houston, Eddy, Marchbank, Hampton, PP, Barrett so have some money makers already in there.
      Got Jack Steven situation to deal with too though, and a backline that includes Carlisle, Mills and Thurlow.

I was considering Carlisle and Steven to Otten and Oliver for cash, or Otten and Fyfe to get another top 8 MID secured - whats the thoughts?
      Or should I ditch Mills instead of Carlisle since Mills is likely to lose more cash this week and neither look like keepers?
      Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    6. Matty C
      Matty C
      2212 saw me drop slightly to 6186 overall. Initial thoughts this week is McCarthy to WHE and GAJ to Pendles. I have all the right rookies so far so thinking two correction trades is OK as long as there's no more sideways for the year. Only exceptions might be grabbing a few of those Sydney rookies when they are on the bubble.

I know GAJ to Pendles is very sideways, but I honestly thought Gold Coast would improve and Gaz said he was playing mainly midfield. However, they still look crap and Gaz is spending too much time forward for my liking. Midfield would be: Danger, Pendles, Selwood, Parker, Treloar, Fyfe, Beams and SPP.
      • Like Like x 3
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      Awful week for me SC wise, no real cause just not enough good scores across the board.
      2093 sees me plummet 18k to 41290
      2330 in TG sees Kelli up to 5571
      • Like Like x 1
    8. chelsea01
      chelsea01
      2282 this week with a ranking of 5746. Managed to get Otten in as emergency for his 108. Only non-scoring players are Hibberd and Mountford. I'm not really keen on using trades this early although Witts is very tempting.
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah I think he has it in him given the mid depth and overall development at Dees. Good chance to be top 20 mid. Will make money but JOM to him feels too sideways.

Wines on the other hand. If it wasn't for the Power rnd 9 bye I would have started him.
    10. St
      St
      Crap week with 2084 due to Hanners continuing to stink it up and bench rookies doing better than the ones on the ground. TG side better on 2212 but in rushed mid round manouverings done to get Ottens score included didnt pick up that Vickers ended up with C on him with VC on Treloar.
    11. drlok
      drlok
      2223 is ok, what with the heater problem. Rookies are set and forget - had Ryder as a switch hitter, but have witts as a bencher. Looking to loophole captain but also rookies for the next three/four weeks. I am considering the deadly sideways on Ryder, have 300k in the bank so could get any premium I want?? So far the middies are working well with the possible exception of felicity (roughhead) Thoughts?
    12. stripey
      stripey
      Anyone think Gaz can turn it around??? Like Matty, I thought an improving Gold Coast side would mean GAJ would be excellent value...
    13. insider
      insider
      thanks to all the thumbs, @bunza52 and @That KI Guy and I'm sure someone else commented as well who I couldn't find...
      so its a hold on Omeara and Swallow, a trade of pickett to Witts (moving Nankervis to forwards) AND
      Thumbs up: C. Mills to T. Adams
      Thumbs down: Darcy Cameron to Butler or Houston
      (currently have Hoskin-Elliott, Hannan, Eddy and Cameron as forward rookies)
      • Like Like x 1
    14. stowie
      stowie
      MRP stuff, Melbourne copping it

Jordan Lewis can accept 3 games, striking P Cripps. Penalty impacted by previous bad record, adding 1 week to offence.
      Brayden Preuss can accept $1000 sanction, rough conduct on J Thurlow.
      Jesse Hogan can accept 2 games, striking S Rowe.
      Scott Thompson can accept one game, striking P Dangerfield.
      • Like Like x 3
    15. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Heppell over Oliver if you can do it. Way more proven.
      Witts. Reid seems really left-field choice.
    16. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      It depends whether "turn it around" means average 100 or average 110 from here.

Most premos have at least one sub 80 score each season and while I normally take it with a grain of salt I saw comments indicating Gaz looks disinterested on the weekend if that continues 110 may be less likely than we may have throught pre-season.

If the rest of your team is going extremely well or you need to bring in some cash you could always burn a luxury trade.
    17. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2112 for me was better than last week and I had Andy Otten's 108 on the bench - don't you hate that.
    18. Iain
      Iain
      I guess I'm the only one that got left with a Goldy shaped donut then? I didn't see any mention of the injury until Saturday when it was too late for Nank to switch in.

Scored 2061 and dropped 26k+ spots to just inside 34k. Let down by quite a few players.
      • Like Like x 2
    19. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      I have had Oliver from the get go and enjoying the ride. But it is a short ride and he is there to generate cash to get me to a Wines or Gaff, etc. (or when the Sydney mids decide to pull their finger out). Marc Murphy possibly a better option than Oliver around that price as he has higher potential as a keeper.
    20. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Read some scuttlebutt somewhere re. Geelong suggesting GC players not looking after/appreciating GAJ, combined with comments in the press about GC being 'leaderless' on the weekend, combined with rumours of GAJ wanting a return to Geelong. Something going on and enough for me to stay well away.
      • Like Like x 1