2017 Round Review: Round Two

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, round two is coming to a close- and with it, the price changes, right around the corner!

Initial thoughts have WHE as a trade target this week, he's absolutely flying! Don't know what to do about Hanners though. Gut says to hold him, but man, he's about to hemorrhage!!

Score wise, I'm happier this week, but it's feeling like a strange season. Not too many huge rookies around, and midpricers all flying! So much so, my Nank, Sandi, Witts ruckline would be doing better if I moved Nank into the forward line!! Maybe to bring in upcoming price rise of Preuss.

Ahhh, supercoach. So much to consider!! :D Can't wait til rollover is complete, wanna start crunching numbers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Eddy and Preuss due to generate some big $ this weekend. Both only came in after late withdrawals in R2. So no guarantee they will get a run, with Goldy returning and Port having to look at hard bodies for a Showdown. Think both will certainly get more games this year, as will Hibberd and Mountford.
      How long can a losing Carlton side persist with Pickett?
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      More than scuttlebutt: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ld-coast-sun-gary-ablett-20170402-gvbw7t.html
      • Like Like x 1
    3. stripey
      stripey
      I heard one of the main AFL reporters saying Bolton has been told to get games into the kids, wouldn't surprise if Pickett gets a good run at it.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Im thinking of downgrading Wingard to Danny Butler or Brayden Preuss, to allow me to swap Mitch Hibberd to Taylor Adams in Def.

Is it silly? It's not gaining me much and it uses 2 trades, however I reckon Adams is a must have in defense and Im not sure how else to get him.
      Unless I drop Tuohy to him, but I'd rather keep him, even though I suspect Thurlow has stolen some points of him in round 2.

Anyone that has seen Wingard and Adams play, what are your thoughts on their roles this season?

and lets try out these option buttons...

:1: Wingard -> Butler/Pruess; & Hibberd -> Adams
      :2: Tuohy -> Adams
      :3: Neither

Thanks in advance
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 7
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 3
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2
    5. RatatouilleV
      RatatouilleV
      @anthak personally, I try to make about $200K on a trade when possible. Even if Adams averages 120 from here on, he's not going to be 200K more expensive. Maybe look at upgrading to him later, because as you said, you're not gaining much at the moment, and wingard is not playing that badly.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      The only real way I can get WHE in is to change Taranto to him. This is fine as its just a rookie correction. I'm not sure what to do with my other trade. Have Hanners stinking it up but I think he gets 1 more week. If he stinks it again he will fall to about 550 at worst and can be straight swapped for someone around that price should I need to. Still not sure on Houston! Will Pittard steal his spot? Was Hannan's round 1 a flash in the pan? What about Sandi to Witts? Or even Rough to the 2 most crazy options out there in Yeo or Higgins?
    7. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Whilst it looks a bit sideways you improve your side by 20pts (if everyone keeps their same rate of scoring plus whatever butler would score over who you are fielding in defence) and get the cash generation of Butler. The cons are that you lose a bit of flexibility with the d/m link going and i'm assuming there was a reason you didn't start with Adams (injury prone and never really scored that consistently high). I'm also assuming you could just grab butler instead of an under performing rookie. Think i'm leaning towards option 3 and just correcting the missed butler mistake and enjoying Wingards 94 average!
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Zander
      Zander
      Thinking about trading QuinTim Tarantino to WHE - but everyone is grabbing him.
      Whats your thoughts guys?
      Thumbs Up - WHE must have, so get on board or miss the train.
      Thumbs Down - Could still do ok without him, he won't be the best fwd rookie $$$ improver this year.
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Len
      Len
      He is two average games from having the same avg as Taranto, the reverse is also true.
      • Like Like x 2
    10. stripey
      stripey
      I'm curious if anyone know what WHE's score was at 3/4 last week. Kicking 3 goals in that last quarter would have saved him from a very ordinary score?
    11. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      @Grizzles - sounds to me like you convinced yourself to just make the one trade;
      @Zander - if you didn't burn a trade after rd1, you could justify that trade. I'm not convinced of Taranto's job security, and I feel that his SC score this week was flattered by the score inflation that tends to occur when a team wins by 15 goals.

Personally, I'm contemplating Strnadica to Preuss. Not sure I'll want to switch Nanky out of my Fwds anytime soon, and having Gawn and Sandy at R1 and R2 is a little nerve wracking with no bench cover. I did like having the Freo pair at R2 and R3 for loophole purposes, but I think the cover and potential cash generation from Preuss wins out.
    12. mightyhawks23
      mightyhawks23
      @stripey WHE 65 at 3qtr.... scored almost 50 in the last qtr kicking those 3 snags
      • Like Like x 2
    13. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Still on track for 85+ which is great from a rookie. Wouldn't be expecting 120 plus every week haha
    14. TheTassieHawk
    15. Nick
      Nick
      Team is going well currently, WHE the only glaring omission. Trying to work out if its worth making sizeable moves to get him in.
      Got no cash to need to move on a underperforming mid-pricer to get him in.

Thumbs Up: Roughead > WHE (frees up some cash)
      Thumbs Down: Sandi > Witts, Pickett > WHE
      Option 1: Don't do anything stick fat and pass on WHE

Thanks!
      • Dislike Dislike x 6
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
    16. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Hi guys,
      I have been on here before but lost me log in so created a new one. Love the work that is done here by all the guys who put in their own time.
      I always take SuperCoach quite serious at the start and then a couple rounds in realise I have no chance and revert to trying to win leagues.
      However this year is different I scored 2484 in round 2 which was 3rd for the week and put me to 4th overall! So I think it's time to take it seriously!
      I have hogan thumbs up nank to forward line and bring in witts to make some money.

Thumps down look for someone around hogans price.
      Thanks in advance look forward to being on here a bit more.
      • Like Like x 9
    17. TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 3
    18. walesy
      walesy
      wowzers, you have nailed that starting squad! great looking team! It's a shame that we can't see your bench :D

I quite like your suggestion, in fact, I've currently got Witts warming the pine already, but given he's exceeded my expectations so much already, I'm probably going to look towards getting Nank forward, so that he can come onto the field.

Do you have a F/R link in R3 already? Or Pruess?
    19. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      My bench is
      Backs Stewart, smith(Melb)
      Mids (Barrett, Pickett, parfitt)
      Ruck Puress
      Fwd eddy, miles(used him for loophole round1 to get pendles vc score and then he got a game!)
      So no loophole at the minute my long term plan for witts is turning him into Gawn in3-4 weeks then when puress has mooed get a ruck/fwd swap so can use nank as cover if needed.
      Thanks for the kind words
      • Like Like x 1
    20. RPritch
      RPritch
      My team after Rd 2:

S.Docherty, T.Adams, R.Laird, J.Johannisen, C.Hampton, A.Otten (T.Stewart, J.Smith)
      P.Dangerfield, N.Fyfe, A.Treloar, D.Beams, J.O'Meara, T.Taranto, S.Petrevski-Seton, S.Powell-Pepper (J.Barrett, J.Pickett, M.Hibberd)
      M.Gawn, B.Grundy (L.Strnadica)
      L.Dahlhaus, L.Franklin, T.Greene, J.Roughead, D.Butler, D.Houston (K.Turner, B.Parfitt)

I am thinking about trading one of Taranto/SPS to WHE (as I don't have enough spare cash to get WHE in by trading out the lower priced rookies) as well as trading J.Smith to B.Preuss.
      Say I trade out Taranto as I feel like he will not be playing soon, my team would look like this:

S.Docherty, T.Adams, R.Laird, J.Johannisen, C.Hampton, A.Otten (T.Stewart, M.Hibberd)
      P.Dangerfield, N.Fyfe, A.Treloar, D.Beams, L.Dahlhaus, J.O'Meara, S.Petrevski-Seton, S.Powell-Pepper (J.Barrett, J.Pickett, B.Parfitt)
      M.Gawn, B.Grundy (B.Preuss)
      L.Franklin, T.Greene, J.Roughead, W.Hoskin-Elliot, D.Butler, D.Houston (K.Turner, L.Strnadica)

This gives me some ruck cover, some more cash making potential, but leaves Dahlhaus and my other F/M's in the midfield and Strnadica on the fwd bench. Obviously Dahlhaus would end up with the fwds but I won't have any flexibility for a little while. Also concerned that Preuss may not play for many more rounds. Would I be getting more out of trading Roughy to Nankervis, rather than J.Smith to Preuss? On one hand I don't really like to trade out any of my original players above $300k barring injury/suspension, but on the other it seems like Nank would be a potentially significant point scoring upgrade on Roughy (who is supposed to remain in my side all year as a starter, likely ending up at F6) and also saves me a trade or a donut if one of Gawn or Grundy don't play a game or two.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what trade I should make or if you select an option below:
      1) Save 2nd trade
      2) Trade Smith to Preuss
      3) Trade Roughead to Nankervis
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 3