2017 Round Review: Round Two

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

By walesy on Apr 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Ok, round two is coming to a close- and with it, the price changes, right around the corner!

Initial thoughts have WHE as a trade target this week, he's absolutely flying! Don't know what to do about Hanners though. Gut says to hold him, but man, he's about to hemorrhage!!

Score wise, I'm happier this week, but it's feeling like a strange season. Not too many huge rookies around, and midpricers all flying! So much so, my Nank, Sandi, Witts ruckline would be doing better if I moved Nank into the forward line!! Maybe to bring in upcoming price rise of Preuss.

Ahhh, supercoach. So much to consider!! :D Can't wait til rollover is complete, wanna start crunching numbers!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. RPritch
      RPritch
      TU: Taranto out for WHE
      TD: SPS out for WHE
      • Dislike Dislike x 8
    2. choppers
      choppers

I like the Rough to Nank trade giving you ruck cover (DPP) cash generation and reasonable scoring capacity and also having the luxury during the bye rounds of having 2 rucks at R1 and R2 so no donuts (barring injuries)
      • Like Like x 2
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks to those who have commented or responded to my question around Adams.
      @Grizzles I have to be honest that the reason I didnt start with Adams was purely that I ran out of time to set my team. I had very little time to do research this year and had set up a team pretty much as a placeholder. I started to do some research late in the piece and decided on starting with Adams and then realised Collingwood's game was already underway. The same happened with Bontempelli! :( I had to choose out of what was left for the weekend.
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks again for everyone who responded to this.

I just remembered that the AFL Live ap is showing the heat map for players now, so I checked up both Adams and Wingard for the first 2 rounds. I was basically checking to see if they were playing midfield.
      It looks like Adams is playing mainly midfield or on a wing, and Wingard looks to be playing predominantly forward only. I think Im gonna role the dice and do the double trade.
      Also in my considerations are that Wingard has the round 9 bye, and also I am presently only fielding 1 rookie in my forward line and 3 in my def, so this would balance that up a bit, to be 2 and 2.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @morgan ward it looks like a pretty clear thumbs up to Hogan ==> Witts

Looking at your bench the only rookie I would consider as a 2nd trade this week would be Houston (by cutting Miles or by shifting Miles to mids and cutting one of your current M9-M11) if you think you need his $$$ to kickstart an aggressive upgrading strategy and/or Hayward doesn't blitz it on Friday night.

If you haven't already uploaded your side to TS My Teams I would suggest doing that and tracking your bye profile and rookie breakevens when you start upgrading.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Thanks @TheTassieHawk
      Yeah spot on with second trade there mate going to move miles to mids and trade Pickett to Houston as long as houstons job security looks ok with Hartlett and pittard coming back.
      Those trade would leave me $218,000 on the pine and would look to do a sneaky early up grade after round 4 or 5.
      Could trade hogan to Higgins or yeo but both players have burnt me in the past and can't pick them because of past performances, witts should be good cash generation and his next 2 games are against opponents who gave up plenty of points in the ruck.
      • Like Like x 3
    7. stripey
      stripey
      Does Hombsch's injury make Houston's spot pretty safe for at least a month?
    8. pacman81
      pacman81
      Team looking ok after first two rds, need to pick up WHE and weighing options to make a second trade.
      TU - Pickett to WHE only
      TD - P to W and Roughy to Sam Reid
      1 - Bowes to W and Roughy to Murphy
      • Like Like x 2
    9. IPOD
      IPOD
      I know its only 2 rounds in but it looks like trades need to be made and i am just about sold on culling big Rough - WHE and then a slight adjustment of rookies. I have 2 options in rookie fix ups i can either fix the fwd line and trade Pickett - Butler or move Hibberd (nth) - Marchbank.
      TU - Move Rough - WHE & Hibberd - Marchbank
      TD - Move Rough - WHE - Move Pickett - Butler?
      Comment if any options that i may have missed or if trading Rough is a bad idea
      • Like Like x 3
    10. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      @stripey i don't think they are a like for like player. Houston I think is more covering/like pittard. Can only hope pittard and Hartlett come back this week and if Houston survives then he looks like he has good job security
      • Like Like x 1
    11. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      @IPOD i think your on the money mate. Butler would be nice but marchbank and she are potential keepers or worst case trade them during bye rounds.
    12. RPritch
      RPritch
      I would be keeping Roughead if those are your options mate. He should still do pretty well
    13. benny01
      benny01
      Geelong has elevated Rookie James Parsons to the senior list.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      So I have only just started to pay attention to the byes and have discovered that 2 teams have bye in round 9 and then rounds 11 &13 there are 6 teams and round 12 only 4. Is it still best 18 players for rounds 11-13? Couldn't find any info about it through my app.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. walesy
      walesy
      CLUB BYES AND 'BEST 18' SCORING IN 2017
      • There will be three rounds (11, 12 & 13) in 2017 where six, four & six teams respectively will have a bye in each round.
      • To better-reflect the actual competition, you'll score from your best 18 players only (therefore your Best 18 scores) in any position, from your selected, on-field Starting 22. You'll still need to ensure that your best available players are in your starting 22 line-up.
      • During these three rounds, you'll simply need to manage your team as you normally would - select, trade and set your Starting 22 with as many 'non-bye' players as possible in your starting 22 line-up. Remember, it's the Best 18 from your Starting 22, and does not include your bench as per any other week.
      • If you have further available players in any position during these multi-bye rounds, you may set Emergencies for those positions as usual. Emergencies will continue to replace non-starting players in your Starting 22 with the usual rules, in the same position (including any 'bye' player that you may have left in your Starting 22) and their score will only count if it is in your Best 18.
      • Set a Captain (and Vice Captain) as you normally would for double points. If your Captain's doubled score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, then their points will not count - you simply get your Best 18 scores only. Similarly, if your Captain's doubled-score is NOT in your Best 18 scores, you do NOT automatically receive double points from your Vice Captain - your Vice Captain only receives double points as per any other round, if your Captain does not play for any reason.
      • To allow for maximum squad management flexibility during the rolling lockout, you'll be able to substitute and trade players who have a bye right through the round - up until the start of the last match (when SuperCoach goes into full lockout).
      • You'll not receive any points from players whose team/s have a bye, and don't play in any of the multi-bye rounds.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. walesy
      walesy
      so, no change from last year.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. benny01
      benny01
      The main thing I noticed different from last year was to not have more than 1 player from Port &GCS combined in any line otherwise there's likely a donut in round 9. Thankfully I have no GCS players in my team but it's something people should look at when trading.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. morgan ward
      morgan ward
      Cheers guys! :)
      Lynch and or wines may be useful come round 10 & 11.
      • Like Like x 4
    19. RPritch
      RPritch
      Exactly what I was thinking, two very good upgrade options after they've had their bye in Rd 9
      • Like Like x 3
    20. benny01
      benny01
      Sam Durdin Nth and Timothy Smith Mel are set to debut both cheap fwds in supercoach.