2017 Trading Games League

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2017.

By Jason on Mar 14, 2017 at 11:33 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Welcome Everybody to the 2017 Trading Games league!

What's it all about?
    Basically every year some of the leaders in the community gather together and choose the players picked in a team we all start with. The players in every team in the group start the same before the round 1 lockout. Then, as the year progresses, and trades are made, the challenge becomes finishing on top of the group with the most points overall. That's it; just use your trades and your emergency/captain picks wisely, and turn the team we all start with into a winning team by scoring the most points.

Rules:

1. EVERYBODY must start with the exact same 30 players. No exceptions.

2. You don't use your main team, we would prefer if you 'invited' your daughter, wife, grandfather etc to create a team that you help to manage throughout the year. Don't join this league if you don't want to follow rule 1.

3. Like always, let's have fun and keep positive. Banter is expected and welcomed! Anyway, the whole thing is up in the air for discussion as always. What are your thoughts to make it interesting again this year?

How to Join?

Step 1: Sign up to the Trading Games group
    (url deleted)

Step 2: Makes sure you have the correct team entered! The correct team is shown here just below.

[​IMG]

Step 3: Choose your captain/vice captain and any emergencies. You could get the jump on the rest of the field with some astute choices even with an identical 30-man squad.

Step 4: If you wish, you can use DPP to rearrange the 30 players before the start of R!. Just don't change the squad of 30.

Good luck everybody and happy trading!

League Code currently setup is - 998246

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
?

How should we select the team?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2017.
  1. Choose the most popular "cookie cutter" selections on each line

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Take a vote on various options for certain positions

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. A combination of (1) and (2)

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Let's live on the wild side and see what "auto-fill" dishes up

2 vote(s)
    11.1%

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Mar 14, 2017.

1. stowie
      stowie
      I think this is a good idea, happy to lock in the top 30. If the team does change (adding Butler or swapping a midpricer), I believe 1 person should make the decisions and lock them away before Thursday arvo.
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      Slight adjustment, Treloar has jumped to 28th Bont down to 32 Buddy up to 31
      Taking TTH advise, can put Adams(18) in defense at the expense of Laird (21), bring Treloar into Mids and replace Steel(25) with a premium Buddy(31). Also Aaron Black has dropped out so could replace with a certain rookie starter (Butler)
      What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      I really don't like the Swallow or McGrath picks never did, but mostly I don't like the lack of cash vs your previous version
    4. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      Len i dont like swallow or mcgrath either. Buddy back to Steel will get cash back. Or Mcgrath 26 to Parfitt 27 will also give an extra 95k. Side will still contain 30 of 32 most popular.
    5. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      30 of top 32

upload_2017-3-20_20-17-8.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    6. Len
      Len
      I think this works mate, gives us a cookie cutter base, but also allows us some options to explore.
      The point of this game is to trade ourselves to stardom so we need some flex to do it :p
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      • Like Like x 1
    8. bunza52
      bunza52
      I tend to agree with Bear and worry about Gawn this year, if 2 rucks are played. In my other team, I am considering changing Gawn to Witts which frees up 428K. Looking like Witts will be the #1 for the start of the season, so at that price, I feel the risk is worth it.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      Gawn to Witts would certainly blow trading games apart with over 550k in the bank.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. stripey
      stripey
      I don't really care what gets done, the quality of the starting team isn't really the issue anyway... whoever has the final call just needs to give me a team and I'm there!
      • Like Like x 3
    11. stowie
      stowie
      Happy with the top 30 of 32 @Buzzboys squad
    12. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Personally I wasn't actually thinking Witts, more along the lines of a Hickey type ruckman, but going Gawn to Witts and having that type of coin left over definitely would make Trading Games very interesting indeed :)

Just the recipe for TG if you ask me - would make it a hell of alot more interesting seeing what everyone does with that extra coin over the first few weeks.
      And let's face it, we're not trying to win SC with our TG teams are we!!! We're all about seeing what we can all end up with after all starting with the same initial 30 man squad - so for me, having that kind of money left in the kitty at the start would really make this whole TG concept a heck of alot more interesting to follow as the season rolls on :D
      • Like Like x 4
    13. sbe55430
      sbe55430
      I have put my wife's team in Kat's Allstars. I have Buzzboys' team from above.
    14. walesy
      walesy
      I've signed up Mah Team to it. 143,100 in the kitty. Rock and roll
    15. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      Hi All,

Do we have confirmation of the final team?

DrowningNotWaving
    16. JPK
      JPK
      The Donor team will follow along with this in 2017. see how the collective goes!!!
    17. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      so is the team currently as per post 25 or not ??
    18. Buzzboys
      Buzzboys
      This Team GTG? Remember you can place players in any positions
      upload_2017-3-22_20-33-32.png
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Buzzboys
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Not really, I just think it's good when someone makes a decision and every one can be on the same page/start with the same 30 players without any confusion.