2017 Underway

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 23, 2017.

By walesy on Mar 23, 2017 at 7:59 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Footy footy footy footy footy

Woooo!

I still find the partial lockouts on opening day to be a little weird, kinda anti-climatic, but man, I'm not gunna complain!

Great to have footy back!

---

sorry to cut into Walesy's thread but I have updated the Rookies file to show selections as at Thursday night - organge = emergency/7 man interchange, cheers TTH

rookies 2.png

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Happy to jump in if no one has yet
    2. walesy
      walesy
      So, I've got Butler sitting on the bench with an E.

Open for options for the tactical Donut.

Thinking maybe Cameron? Any thoughts?
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    3. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I'm in the same predicament. Need a non playing option also
    4. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I think I might trade Bowes for Miles in the midfield. Then move Miles into the forward line and play Taranto in the midfield and bench either Sargeant Pepper or Barrett
    5. bunza52
      bunza52
      Great start for me. Put Pickett on the field with the E on butler. I currently have James Stewart up forward so can use the loophole. Will have to decide to keep the faith with Stewart or swap him for another playing rookie. Don't like to start the season with a donut...
    6. Bucko
      Bucko
      Nankervis a must have after that performance ? I feel like I'm already on the back foot after only 1 game !!

Might have to leave some cash in the bank to go Pickett -> Nankervis next week
      • Like Like x 1
    7. The Pivotonian
      The Pivotonian
      Solid start for me - Nankervis and Butler on the field, Pickett on the bench. Disappointed in Pickett though, looking for better cash generation than that from him. Also had Marc Murphy in my team until recently after hearing reports of his best pre-season in 5-6 years, but couldn't fit him in in the end - might regret that on last night's performance ...
      • Like Like x 1
    8. anthak
      anthak
      Im pleased at this stage that i started with Marc Murphy :D
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      Similar boat unfortunetly had Pickett on the field with Butler on the bench as emergency. Fooled into a bit after seeing him named on the wing. Didnt see any of the jlt series so hadnt seen him play but wasnt very impressed tbh hardly sighted and didnt seem to want to get involved much. I realise it was only his first game but cant help thinking a correction trade could be looming there.

Also thinking of loopholing someone in to get butlers score given it can still be done without using a valuable trade which makes a real consideration. The question is who is the best option that will be back in a week or 2? Im thinking mccluggage at this stage, thoughts?
      • Like Like x 3
    10. walesy
      walesy
      Maybe, I dunno. Could be anything from a 0 point gain to a 70 point gain though (Compared to Pickett for example).

Happy to burn a trade later in the season to cover that, and won't even need to burn on if Cameron comes good next week :D
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, reckon he's gunna be a correction trade. Thing is, his stats in the NT league were also bunk. Damn hype machines.
    12. St
      St
      Happy with Nankervis and Marchbank, Butler on bench with E so considering options, No Pickett and while had Cripps in side earlier in week happy he didnt make final cut
    13. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      Tinker, tinker, tinker.....is everyone else just fiddling away?

I am thinking of WHE, Turner OUT, Florent to FWDS, Cameron and Swallow (M8) IN....

Just looking at WHE in my team makes me feel sick for some reason!
    14. walesy
      walesy
      WHE is still riding on draft position I feel. I can't see anything that screams out "good pick" thus far.
    15. Hazey1977
      Hazey1977
      Me too, was just looking for a body. Thought potentially better security than Taranto, but maybe not?

Schoen from Hawks?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    16. Len
      Len
      Is a significantly better player than we have been able to see, afaik this is the longest run he has had without injury and the first time he will start the season fully fit. He will be a good get for the Pies and a moderate SC scorer for us
      • Like Like x 3
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    17. anthak
      anthak
      What are people's thoughts about Jobe Watson?

Can he end up a top 10 mid?
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    18. RPritch
      RPritch
      McCluggage sounds like a good idea for you. I believe he will be back before the current cash cows are ready to be culled and will have great JS and decent scoring potential too
    19. walesy
      walesy
      I can see Jobe being in that 105-110 group of players that hover up there and abouts but don't crack the top 10. Still worth the price of admission though, with a 20ppg rise.
      • Like Like x 2