2018 Completed Trades

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by insider, Sep 3, 2017.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Don't think we've had a situation like this before.
    There's no rule, so I can't enforce anything on anyone - other than all trades are final if both coaches agree and the veto quota is not met.

2. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I'm not sure what to say... my trades normally take longer to backfire than this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Would this count as an occasion similar to the ASADA suspensions in that in both cases the player went from viable to non-viable due to unforeseen factors?

• Like Like x 1
  4. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

My thoughts are no it's not anything like the ASADA issue. This is an injury it's buyer beware and due diligence is a must... If players I bring in eg Zaharakis or Maynard do a knee over the off season that's something I've gotta deal with.

This is a potential pitfall of trading post season before lists are finalised for the following year.

All that being said wb may be a gentleman and agree to hit the reverse trade button

• Like Like x 1
  5. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

All good, ruckmen are a risky business. Trengove got the move to Bulldogs so he will probably improve to about 80... Besides, I have traded players that fell away too. Miles springs to mind.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

I guess our opinions dont really matter it a discussion between @HOLKY and @wrightbrendan

• Like Like x 2
  7. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

100% agree with this. While I voted in the poll I think it's really up to the coaches if they want to reverse the trade

• Like Like x 1
  8. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Although it might be up to me and Holky in the end it's still helpful to hear other people's thoughts to help inform the decision. Hopefully he goes on to play a great final season and it becomes a non-issue!

9. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

After some discussion with WB, we figured out a fair trade reverse.
    Eden Whalers trade Mumford and PSD Pick 32 to Serengeti Buffalos for PSD Pick 9

• Like Like x 4
  10. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Confirmed. Happy to get something done where both parties are content with the outcome.

Now we can move on with the off season and plenty more trading!

• Like Like x 2
  11. JPK

• Like Like x 4
  12. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Continuing the aggressive list turnover strategy, Ararat would like to announce a completed trade.

Liam Duggan will be packing his bags for Coolgardie after the former Armadillo announced his homesickness for the goldfields. Ararat board members were heard privately ruing the decision to trade out a young breakout contender, however in keeping to the overall list strategy sacrifices had to be made.
    The loss is somewhat offset by the arrival of fresh faced Collingullie native Harry Perryman. Whilst underwhelming in his first season, playing 8 games and averaging under 50, the Armadillos hope to develop the youngster in local leagues.
    Cash considerations (aka draft picks) were also exchanged in the deal.
    AA hierarchy would like to take this opportunity to thank Coolgardie for their patience with impatience and hope to continue a sound trading relationship in the future.

For those who just want the bare facts without the attempt-at-amusing, long winded, fantasy story:
    Liam Duggan, MSD R1 (AA), MSD R1 (EW)
    For
    H Perryman, PSD12

• Like Like x 2
  13. JPK

Coolgardie can confirm this trade.
    While it would have been nice to develop Harry Perryman ourselves, and see the fruits of the JPK & Mummy trade come to fruition, the chance to bring Liam Duggan into the fold was too good to pass up.
    Thanks to the impatient one, sorry, Ararat Chairman / Janitor, for the piss-poor attempts at humour during negotiations, and for listening to / reading my equally piss-poor attempts at humour. As always, its been fun!

• Like Like x 2
  14. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

one mans trash is anothers treasure

@TigersTooTough send M Lobbe to Staghorn Flat for PSD 99

• Like Like x 1
  15. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Lobbe trade accepted

• Like Like x 1
  16. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@tyze1

Vikings send biggs pick 53 & 1st MSD to
    Bulls for Griffen & pick 23

17. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Following in the footsteps of Matty Boyd and the Bulls to Vikings retirement MOU, Griffen makes his way to Nuytsland for his final year (s).

The Griffen experiment didn't work for the Bulls with Griff traded in to the squad in the anticipation of him receiving def status in 2016. Griff limped to 14 games over 2 years at an average of 85.7ppg.

We welcome Shane Biggs who will aim to cement a spot in the Bulls defensive line.

18. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

At @martyg

The rebuild at the Bunyips continues with young Jake Kelly making his way from the Bulls to the Bunyips in exchange for PSD 43

19. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

The production line of Viking defenders continues to make its way to the Bulls and the infamous pick 23 from last year makes its way back to Nuytsland

20. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Confirmed