2018 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 28, 2017.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Docherty out is huge... Might mean that Laird is the number 1 next year!

3. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  4. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Just realised I read all the responses without adding 2 cents from Serengeti.
    The Buffaloes are happy for drafting to start at the earlier date. Seems to have been made pretty clear that the time limits aren't till later so I'm sure coaches will remain patient till then!

• Like Like x 2
  5. choppers

Five in the mix for No.1, says Barcrawlers recruiter

THE Banchang Barcrawlers say they're yet to arrive at a "final decision" on who they'll spend their No.1 draft pick on, with potential top draftee Cameron Rayner returning a "sluggish" 2km time trial result on Friday, at The Stadium.

Rayner, 18, has been linked to the coveted No.1 selection for months, along with Paddy Dow, Adam Cerra, Andrew Brayshaw and Luke Davies-Uniacke.

Barcrawlers recruiter Somkid Pichaironnarongsongkram confirmed on Saturday there were still discussions to be had on which young gun would be the best fit for the rebuilding club.

"We haven't come to a final decision as yet, we're certainly getting pretty close," Pichaironnarongsongkram told PATTAYA TODAY.

"It's been reported there's probably five or so lads and I think that's pretty accurate.

"Those five are certainly still in the discussion, and there's probably a couple of those boys who are a little bit ahead.

"We had a couple of little activities during the week, there was a medical and a second fitness assessment for some of the boys who missed out.

"We'll get together early next month in Maptaphut and spend a little bit of time … I'd imagine by then we’ll have a final decision and we'll head to the PSD from there."

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  6. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

The Crocs list management committee are back in town

• Like Like x 2
  7. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Not being seduced this year. Punters always end up getting it earlier from newsagencies than my preorder

9. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Got a job with CD do we @bryzza ? :p:p:p

Just noticed, if I follow that link it takes me to the 2017 preorder page - I wouldn't recommend anyone getting the 2017 Prospectus - won't be overly useful for you for next year.
    upload_2017-11-29_8-3-49.png

I've googled "AFL Prospectus 2018" and followed a link which has gotten me to the same address but a different page... go figure!
    upload_2017-11-29_8-4-16.png

10. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Is it worth the $40?

11. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

ill definitely still buy it, but just not preorder.

12. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@JPK footy is 24/7 for me, finding that player that can take my team to the next level excites me

@martyg worth it 100% a great read you can always go back to year after year.

@insider id rather not preorder either the $15 shipping fee is outrageous but over here in west its difficult to find the news agencies that stock it

• Like Like x 1
  13. JPK

@insider @Tomster @HOLKY @bryzza @eagle_eyed @ddsaints @DamoH @tyze1 @TigersTooTough @YAD69 @wrightbrendan @Tylo @Mick @fresh @choppers @Batfink @martyg @JPK

Just a friendly reminder to all that team delistments need to be in by 25 December (you've got nothing else to do that day, so shouldn't have any problems!!!), and posted in the following thread:
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2018-retirements-and-delistings.89996/#DCl2iF7JZVoPtmGj.97
    Any incomplete delisting will be done as per the rules, taking out the lowest averaging players first.

Trading will still be permitted after this date, and through the draft, but all trades following the delistment deadline will need to involve an even player swap, to maintain team equality. All trades are to be posted in the trade thread.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2018-completed-trades.90022/

The draft will commence on 1 January for those who are keen, but the clock will not start until 8 January. If you are going to be away / unable to connect to a computer, please let us know beforehand. There may be some leeway given to those who advise of their potential unavailability with enough prior warning - those who do not will simply be timed out and given the next available player. Alternatively, appoint a proxy (although I know that trading and drafting are two of the most fun parts of ORFFU, so I'm keen to make sure everyone is fully involved).
    The draft order will be updated as trades continue, and shown in the following thread.
    http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/2018-fu-psd-order.90009/
    A new thread will be created specifically for the drafting of players, and all banter can continue in the existing thread.

Please let myself or Choppers know if anyone has any issues with any of this.

Thanks guys,
    JPK

• Like Like x 5
  14. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

@JPK automatic player movement?? went to drop biggs and add griffen and it had been done for me............understandable as listed players stay in the pool for too long

15. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Choppers on the job I think

16. JPK

Wasn't me. Others have the ability to do list management, so maybe it was them....

17. choppers

I'm the guilty party, Commish....

18. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

i feel violated :eek:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. JPK

There are worse ways to be violated!!! :p:p:p:p

• Like Like x 2
  20. choppers