2018 Finals Series

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 7, 2018.

1. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Too good this time @insider

Congratulations

• Like Like x 1
  2. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Congrats @insider - well deserved after being the best team all season!!

Commiserations @Mick , it’s scant consolation, but welcome to the GF losers club, we have jackets.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Busy weekend - thanks for todays updates @choppers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Congratulations @insider! One of the greatest, if not the greatest, ORFFU seasons by a team. Even an in form Korumburra couldn’t get over the line, bad luck @Mick

Thanks for a great season all, look forward to a good offseason and Gisborne’s first premiership in 2019! (Ararat needed more unshameful cheerleading I reckon)

• Like Like x 5
  5. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Well done gents, awesome match up!

• Like Like x 2
  6. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Congrats @insider for taking out a second FU flag!
    Bad luck @Mick but awesome effort on getting to the final weekend of the FU season.

• Like Like x 3
  7. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

Congrats @insider A great effort mate, well done on the win.
    Bad luck @Mick A great effort to make it mate, we all would love to have the chance like you did.
    Great effort lads.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  9. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Cheers everyone. This season exceeded all my expectations.

It was a fun ride coming home with a wet sail - just a shame the win streak ended with a poor performance on GF weekend.

Already looking forward to next season and many more after that! Gotta love the ORFFU!

10. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

My jacket came complete with a nice hip flask full of Lagavulin - just what the doctor ordered to drown the sorrows / lift the spirits after a narrow defeat like that ;):thumbsu:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Wow. That's about the opposite of being humble in victory. Obviously no issues there and no rivalry huh. It's too much to expect a shit leopard to change its spots. If that's the best "worst" you can do then allow me to retort...

12. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Mild rant warning... :D

Not sure where to start with this, let's try quoting one of @insider 's choice comments here like - "shit scared" - this from a bloke who could've chosen any team he liked as an opponent in the finals and dodged my direct challenge for a rematch TWICE - both of which would've resulted in a defeat for him. In the end i guess it's well played on that one as the old avoid the inevitable tactic worked out alright with me losing 2 of my best players in the mean time.

You're bagging my players makes zero sense. Gallucci stepped up massively when called upon in his second season with a 4 goal 103 - who wouldn't want that guy on their squad?

..and Barlow!? One of the great stories of resilience. A bloke who kept pursuing his dream after countless knock backs then when he finally got an opportunity at the top level he goes on to record what is and will probably always be the highest scoring SC "rookie" season ever. Next the poor bloke suffers a freak compound leg break, comes back from that and produces at the same level he was prior to the injury. Now despite being mucked around by 2 "rebuilding" teams for 3 years, when he plays he is still capable of being the only player on his team that scores a ton in a 100 point flogging!

Then you talk up Mason Wood as an "injured star" - give me a spell... That poor kid is like the Mark Webber of the AFL.

and I know you'll hide behind the "negative" and "worst" lines saying that your post was all in jest and i can't take a joke but for those with eyes that see...

If I were you, I'd just crawl back into your box and thank your lucky stars that you came up against not 1, not 2 but 3 opponents in the finals who under-performed when matched up against you. I don't know if you were sacrificing live chickens to Jobu but whatever you did it worked a treat. You managed to just keep falling over the line somehow each week of the finals.

At the end of the day,

You did well missing Ryan and Treloar but I'll raise you no Docherty, Sloane and Walters.
    My backline averaged 53 in the GF. That is straight up :poop::spew:
    Each player scored between 24-48 points below their season average.

Despite all that, I narrowly lost the match because I flipped a coin that landed on tails and wrongly decided to play Scott Thompson over Adam Tomlinson at D4 - that one decision cost me 47 points and the match. End of story.

Once again, congrats on the win and I look forward to resuming this non-existent rivalry next season...

13. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

@Mick , champ, I really recommend you lighten up. You’ve gone from being absent and prolonging drafts, to announcing a multi-person conspiracy against you to acting like I just threatened your family and spat in their collective faces. Pal, I know it’s called Too Serious but wow!

In the same light-hearted way that all match reports are written, I openly typed that I would write a ‘negative’ and ‘cheerleading’ match report. To which I did… with no personal attacks or vitriol to which you were seemingly stung by.

Despite the words having zero negative or personally-attacking intentions, you’ve clearly taken them that way, so I have deleted my post to hopefully cause you no further anguish.

Anyway, I could go on for pages and pages but it’s redundant at this point – you obviously don’t believe myself and others at their words or face value. I just hope one day you stop carrying this hatred and negativity around with you, it’s seriously not good for your health chief.